Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:14 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:14 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:30 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

Warnings: 0
JohnBristol1966 wrote:
Im hedging bets that Mark is a) quite young with no real understanding of monetary commitments, and b) single. I say this not in a nasty way, but he cant comprehend that losing £14k is not even worth a 50/50 gamble if £14k can do so much to you (and yes i know £50k can do more, but it was 50/50 he'd go with the blue) and secondly does anyone here who has a gf or wife actually reckon their gf/wife would say " yes darling, go for it, risk losing £14k on the flip of a coin!"

Nope? Me neither!!

A) I am 26 years old. I do understand monetary commitments... just that I don't like it when players blow the chances of getting more money (hence my "OH DEAR..." moments...)

B) Yes I am single...

And the last thing you said... some would... I expect Tony's wife yesterday may have done.

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:34 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

Tonys wife yesterday said "play your own game". she supported him.

To some people, £14k can not be gambled with. There is a very good way of looking at things. If he had gambled, gone home with a blue he would have been upset, but that would have eventually faded. However if he sticks with his £14k and then finds he could have had £50k, yeah hes going to be upset, but it will fade. And when it does, he still has £14k in the bank.

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:03 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike
Global Moderator

Better to have regrets and £14,000, than regrets and 10p, I say.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:06 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

hogwild94 wrote:
Better to have regrets and £14,000, than regrets and 10p, I say.

Agreed.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:12 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

Or have very big regrets turning down the Bankers Gamble.

He did look like he really wanted to go for it.

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:30 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

Yet again Mark you miss the whole point of the process of regret!!! It is noticable that when a decision like that proves to be the wrong one, you do stay rather quiet!! We all want the chance to say, , "Mark, Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear!"

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

maggieq

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:55 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

:box: l have to say l really got into this game and when Mike was offered 14k l ummd and arrrd but l guessed he would deal,sensible thing to do when the money is really needed but l was taken aback by TBG.That was an even harder decision to make but sensibility reigned and Mike never succomed to the ultimate gamble.Some you win,some you lose.Well done Mike.Have a wonderful time spending the dosh!

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:57 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

maggieq wrote:
:box: l have to say l really got into this game and when Mike was offered 14k l ummd and arrrd but l guessed he would deal,sensible thing to do when the money is really needed but l was taken aback by TBG.That was an even harder decision to make but sensibility reigned and Mike never succomed to the ultimate gamble.Some you win,some you lose.Well done Mike.Have a wonderful time spending the dosh!

You know someone who will strongly 100% disagree on this.

That is all I am going to say.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:13 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

Another player with big money in their box but took most of the meaningful backup out by 5-box and then made the right decision at 5-box. BG was a judgement call for the player - neither decision was really wrong (if you don't know what is in the box) and he decided that £14k was too much to gamble.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:21 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

Well I was really hoping Mike would end up with the 10p in his box. He took two very sensible decisions and it would have been nice to see it pay off with a Banker spanking but I agree with the consensus, better to have regrets and £14k than regrets and 10p

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:24 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
He took two very sensible decisions

One. When it was revealed that the £50,000 was in the box, it wasn't a sensible decision, so that makes it one.

Yes there could have been 10p, but if you want to get big money then sometimes in life... you have to risk it.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:12 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

Mark wrote:
Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
He took two very sensible decisions

One. When it was revealed that the £50,000 was in the box, it wasn't a sensible decision, so that makes it one.

Yes there could have been 10p, but if you want to get big money then sometimes in life... you have to risk it.

By your logic, surely taking £14k at 5-box when he had £50k in the box wasn't a sensible decision because he could have had 3 times more.

sonicrules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:59 am    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

Mark wrote:
psychokiller wrote:
mr_northern_guy wrote:
Mark wrote:
Shame his wife wasn't there, she probably would have told him to go for it.

They aren't married yet - he hasn't even proposed ;)

It's ok, it's what he has on his clipboard... he just copy and pastes it mindlessly like the robot he is.

I just type it as I go along... I have NOTHING on my clipboard!

And yes, I meant his girlfriend.

Why dont you go on Mark? You always seem to know what to do, I'd like to see you struggle with a tough decision like Mike had today, at least if you went all the way to the end and were brave you'd be being true to yourself, you always seem to mention bravery like it's easy to do, bear in mind that apart from that high first offer he didnt have a good game, in his position nothing wrong with taking that money! I said before Noel did, he's a straight forward, no Im going all the way to the end, only to change their mind, or Banker better be scared BS, honest, decent guy, really liked him, shame it didnt work out for him, I honestly dont think you realise how hard playing Deal would be the moment the cameras go live and its YOUR show as opposed to other peoples, have some sympathy for circumstances in the player's lives and the stress they are under, perhaps you should ask someone who's been on the show what it's really like to play a game?

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

sonicrules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:04 am    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

hogwild94 wrote:
Thanks to mr_northern_guy for doing the commentary today! :smt023

Sensible decision, unlucky proveout, Banker's Gamble not really worth accepting (even with hindsight). Pleased that Mike got a good sum out of his game! :D

I hope, though, that the Banker's Gamble is not going to become a regular feature again. Once every now and again is quite enough.

I dont know why the Banker offers it sometimes, waste of time today, he was NEVER gonna take the gamble, surely it should only be offered when the player was unsure whether to deal the original offer or not then they might change their mind? He seemed very sure that he wanted to deal at 14k, at his age and circumstances I said from the outset he needs a very strong board otherwise he wont be going away with 20k plus! The best to gamble everything are older people, 50s plus, they have a house set, a mortgage nearly paid, very settled, havent got young kids, enjoying life, or even older like Tony or Eunice, bonus chance, may as well go for it, they can be extremely dangerous for the Banker if the boxes go well!

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

sonicrules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:08 am    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

JohnBristol1966 wrote:
Im hedging bets that Mark is a) quite young with no real understanding of monetary commitments, and b) single. I say this not in a nasty way, but he cant comprehend that losing £14k is not even worth a 50/50 gamble if £14k can do so much to you (and yes i know £50k can do more, but it was 50/50 he'd go with the blue) and secondly does anyone here who has a gf or wife actually reckon their gf/wife would say " yes darling, go for it, risk losing £14k on the flip of a coin!"

Nope? Me neither!!

and in his position you're not settled, you're looking to set your life up, you havent got a decent house you're happy with and an ok paying job u like, I hope you apply and get on Mark, i wanna see you go all the way to the end with bravery and risk everying, you live and die by your words on a forum, hindsight's a wonderful thing, try not to abuse it!

sonicrules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:10 am    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

JohnBristol1966 wrote:
Tonys wife yesterday said "play your own game". she supported him.

To some people, £14k can not be gambled with. There is a very good way of looking at things. If he had gambled, gone home with a blue he would have been upset, but that would have eventually faded. However if he sticks with his £14k and then finds he could have had £50k, yeah hes going to be upset, but it will fade. And when it does, he still has £14k in the bank.

Tony was 83 Mark, twilight of life, had a great life, a great experience, everything was a bonus, shame he didnt get the boxes to help him, it's NOT as simple as must go for everything, think about circumstances and the stage of the contestants life, the ones who are young who are trying to set their lives up without a house or a well paid job are NEVER gonna go for big money, it just doesnt make sense for Mike to do that, regardless of how it would have turned out with hindsight!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:24 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

I'm just disturbed that Mark is 26... I'm not going to Ipswich anytime soon...

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:21 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Mike

I swear, seeing some of these response posts do crack me up these days. :D

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]