Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:29 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

Warnings: 0
Donna asks for advice from the wings but says the £50k is smiling at her. Her son says it's a gamble but Donna says she's here to play the game and is only here once.

Donna says

NO DEAL

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:32 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

Round 6

21 - Kelly £750

9- Dan £15,000

Donna wonders whether to pick her Nanna's favourite number 5 or Eugenia

8 - Eugenia £10

Banker time with 10p and £50,000 left

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:32 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

Hopefully now she will keep to her word and go all the way.

Either way. hopefully a spanking for the first time of the week.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:33 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

Banker wants to keep 7 and 5 in the offer as otherwise he doesn't think he has a chance

Banker's offer:

£17,500

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:35 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

Donna says someone has to change this group's luck. She asks for advice but most people tell her to do what she wants. Noel says that he notices most people are too scared to give her commital advice.

Donna says

DEAL

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:37 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

Donna's box 7 contains 10p

:D :D :D :D :D

Al opens box 5 with the £50k

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

Noel says she almost went to box 5 at the end and would have had an all-blue finish and at last the spell of bad luck has been broken with a spanking on Mother's Day.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna
Global Moderator

Now that's more like it! :D :D :D

A much needed OPW, and we certainly needed one too! Congratulations Donna! :D :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:41 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

Sorry about the slight blip mid-game. My computer froze for a minute or two.

Can't complain with the result - no very questionable gambles and knew when sensibility had to take over from belief in lucky numbers.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:42 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

I'm surprised that 2-box offer was so high with such a low blue there but it was well-earned having taken a risk beforhand!

Well played! (And much better than the disaster on Mothers Day last year) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:43 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna
Global Moderator

Let's hope this is the start of a good period of Deal, and not just a flash in the pan. ;)

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:48 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

Donna: "I couldn't take the chance."

I don't think many people could with 10p sitting there. I certainly would never do that.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:50 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

BankerSpanker wrote:
Donna: "I couldn't take the chance."

I don't think many people could with 10p sitting there. I certainly would never do that.

Well you know someone who would.... you only have ONE chance at getting the big money...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna
International Forums Moderator

Nice to see Mark being consistent with his attitude despite the fact he'd have crashed spectacularly today.

That sort of five-box decision needs that sort of two-box offer generosity to be vindicated and she got it. £7.5k was marginal with moderate generosity (£15k on blue/£50k, £30k on £15k/£50k, and £5k on blue/£15k seemed viable and translate to an EV of £9k, a 20% premium on the offer - which is about my benchmark for justifying a risk there).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

holly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:07 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

Wooo! OPW at last! Couldn't have been done by a better person. That will have uplifted the contestants a lot! Hope she enjoys the money.

Donna! Donna! Donna! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:26 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

I think she's the first Donna to get a spanking (certainly not the emotional breakdown of her infamous namesake today).

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:41 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

Hurrah! I actually know Donna's son Andrew (or 'Elv' as he's known!), having interviewed him on the radio a few times. His band Filthy Revolution are worth a listen.

Back to the game, and I know I'm a bit biased but I do think Donna played that well. She was honest about her modest ambitions and while her faith in certain numbers helped up her self-belief when the big numbers were going, she also recognised a good offer when she was offered one. A good attitude that was well rewarded. Well done Donna :smt023

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:36 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna
Administrator & Global Moderator

Simon F wrote:
Donna's game today

Noel wishes everyone Happy Mother's Day and asks whether Mark on Friday managed to break the spell of games after Damien's game after selling the 1p box for a good amount of money.

Thanks for providing the commentary today, Simon!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:17 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 18/3 Donna

A brilliant game - though the big money still isn't coming to the table is it?

Thought the Banker pitched the 5 box offer quite cleverly just high enough that the nightmare proveout would secure a spanking - and in the current climate a deal wouldn't have been unexpected on that configuration. Brave no deal by Donna though followed by a sensible deal that thankfully went in her favour

Correct me if I'm wrong here but isn't that the first Spanking since Jess's game - coincidently also the 'mummy' of the group?

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]