Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:00 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:00 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:55 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

Warnings: 0
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

And so, after all of that, the wait continues... :(

wkd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:56 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

h2005 wrote:
"I probably made a little mistake there..." says Rich -

I'm speechless.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich
Administrator & Global Moderator

Mark wrote:
This game was a "FIRST"????????????????????? ERRR........

The banker tweeted earlier to say that Rich's first offer was the highest ever, so I think that's what he was referring to when he said this game contained a "first". Of course, it's actually the joint-highest first offer (in a regular game), so technically it wasn't a first, but still.

matthew17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:56 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( :( :( :(

I was so hoping he'd win the big one after that last decision... but still, 50k's awesome, so well done Rich :D

holly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually thought that was a joke!!!!!!!!!!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:58 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

wkd wrote:
Well frankly it would have upset me if his reckless disregard for huge, above mean offers had been entirely rewarded.

Not that he's been unduly punished.....

So, do you want a male quarter-millionaire, or don't you? :eyes: :eyes: :? :? ;) ;) ;)

holly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:02 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

This still really was the most sintalating, exciting, nerve racking, most brilliant game ever and no game can ever beat it.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

Now Noel is going to moan constantly about there not being a first male Quarter Millionaire.

Fan of classic rock and metal

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:05 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

BankerSpanker wrote:
Now Noel is going to moan constantly about there not being a first male Quarter Millionaire.

Can't disagree there... :? :? :? :? ;)

sorlag

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:11 pm    Author: sorlag    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

Last edited by sorlag on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:34 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

Gutted. Really thought he'd done it. But what an amazing game.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:34 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

RMF1254 wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:

He has every right to moan about it....

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:40 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

Mark wrote:

Well, yes. ;)

But he'll probably be doing it more than ever before now... :roll: ;) ;) ;)

matthew17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:41 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

Mark wrote:
RMF1254 wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:

Well not really, as it could end up pressuring male contestants in taking huge risks for the 250k, then they end up going home with peanuts...
I know it's their decision at the end of the day, but still...

Last edited by matthew17 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hevelius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:42 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

really thought that Rich was going to be the first male QM....
it will be the 7th anniversary on oct 31-halloween.i wonder
if there will be one before then.....time will tell... :eyes:

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich
International Forums Moderator

If you haven't got anything to say, say nothing.

I'm not sure I have anything to say.

Other than that I wish I understood that approach, and wonder if he'd have changed it if £250k had gone.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

wkd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

RMF1254 wrote:
wkd wrote:
Well frankly it would have upset me if his reckless disregard for huge, above mean offers had been entirely rewarded.

Not that he's been unduly punished.....

So, do you want a male quarter-millionaire, or don't you? :eyes: :eyes: :? :? ;) ;) ;)

Truth be told I'm wholly indifferent. I've never understood the obession with it.

I like to see contestants making good decisions and being rewarded. Today's decision was a stinker. Risking 110 grand to win 90 on a coin flip. I can't endorse that.

A great pity he got carried away and was left wondering futilely if he'd made a mistake.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich
International Forums Moderator

wkd wrote:
I like to see contestants making good decisions and being rewarded. Today's decision was a stinker. Risking 110 grand to win 90 on a coin flip. I can't endorse that.

This, this, a thousand times this. As soon as I saw the clock at 5-box I wanted him to win a blue. Unfortunately he didn't. I always want unequivocally bad decisions (including those that are the exact opposite of Rich's) to be punished, and I don't think you get much more unequivocal a bad decision in this game than a high-stakes AMO rejection.

Well, you do. Two high-stakes AMO rejections. ;)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

holly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:35 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich

You wanted him to win a blue??? :( :cry: :?

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:43 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Rich
Global Moderator

To be honest, I don't know what to think. As much as I liked Rich, and wanted him to do well, he did maybe gamble a bit too much.

On the other hand, in order to win the big money, you have to take at least one big risk, unless you get a board like Suzanne's.

Reckless gambling is not the only way to get the big money in your game; as James, Paul, Belinda and Wendy all proved last month, all you have to do is keep enough of the big money in play long enough. In which case, you don't have to have a big sum in your box to win lots.

Also, some would say he was greedy; some will say he wasn't. People will argue that, had he dealt 160k, or any of the other offers for that matter, he would have been greedy, in that he wanted a nice sum of money, and showed no respect for 'playing the game'. Others will say turning down two AMOs was greedy. Can be argued whatever way.

Maybe Rich was just determined to shut Noel up about the first male 250k winner. We'll never know.

That is all I have to say. Sorry if it appears I was ranting; there was no intention of that whatsoever.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

[ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]