Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:55 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:55 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:59 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Warnings: 0
I will admit that was great banker play there, but better I guess to have regrets and £22,000 then regrets and 50p!

£22k was looking a very unlikely result at the second break!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

jjulie01

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm    Author: jjulie01    Post subject: Contestant Helen from 03/02

Can someone please tell me what other TV show Helen has been a contestant on?

unclekevo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:28 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Contestant Helen from 03/02

Coach Trip with her father

jjulie01

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:31 pm    Author: jjulie01    Post subject: Re: Contestant Helen from 03/02

Thank you. It's been bugging me for weeks where I'd seen her face before!! And I don't think they mentioned it on todays show.

:D

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:38 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

I wasn't looking forward to Helen's game, I've found her a little overbearing on the wings TBH with her gung-ho attitude and I was half expecting her to bulldoze her way through the game with little or no regard to the offers. Refreshing then to find that once in the hot shot Helen had a far more open attitude to the game than she had previously let on, the aim of the game is of course to spank the Banker either by opening your box or by selling it for more than it's worth and that is something I never expected Helen of all people to admit.

No complaints here about the Banker's three box offer, very cleverly pitched and just high enough to present a genuine dilema Would have been even better if it had backfired on him of course but he played the game well.

With regard to the hyposwap I think it's worth remembering that Helen asked for it rather than it being offered arbiterally and while the Banker could have refused I don't think many of us would argue the liklihood that it would have been offered in live play

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:04 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

BankerSpanker wrote:
WHAT THE HELL?! Way to ruin the game NOEL! That was not the Banker's fault at all, he deliberately waffled on at 3-box just to get the Banker to ring. Thanks for ruining what could've been game of the month! :evil:

I'm pretty sure that the producers would have let Noel know that there was the phone was going to ring once we were down to 4-box and told him to make sure that another box wasn't opened before they could get the other offer in.

During recording, he often tells the players towards the end of a tense game not to open the box until he tells them to (so they can get the right camera shots).

Once it got to 5-box at about 4.40pm, it was obvious that although the chances of finding the £75k in the next round were statistically 60%, in terms of the pace of the game, they were a lot lower and the 3-box offer was obvious too before it even came.

No qualms with the deal but it was still an TBW in my eyes (although as KP pointed out, the 2-box offer took away the chance of a technical draw or marginal TPW)

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:07 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Looks like it's a good thing I missed this game... :eyes:

Dare I say that Robbie's was better? :eyes: :eyes: Image

Indeed, Helen was another contestant who generally wasn't liked by those on the Digital Spy forum... :eyes: :eyes:

On that forum, richie4eva1 wrote:
I've barely seen Coach Trip, but I have heard she wasn't a very nice person on that show

And in response, BirthdayGirl wrote:
No, she wasnt. Very devious and two faced.

:eyes: :eyes:

holly wrote:
Quite surprised Noel didn't mention Gaz's game because he normally does when the £250,000 goes in the first box.

How many times must I say this?

He might well have said that but it got edited out... :eyes: Image

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:25 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Some contestants only have to cough to upset the people on Digital Spy though. ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:20 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

RMF1254 wrote:

holly wrote:
Quite surprised Noel didn't mention Gaz's game because he normally does when the £250,000 goes in the first box.

How many times must I say this?

He might well have said that but it got edited out... :eyes: Image

That's possible, but I doubt Noel would have mentioned Gaz - although he was among the first players to do it, we've had numerous occasions since where the £250k has been found in the first box now, leading to many different results! I think all Noel could say there really is that it only proves the contestant won't win the top prize, it doesn't tell us much about how the rest of the game is going to go.

Helen managed to stay on just the right side of in-yer-face (it did border on unbearable at times though), and like others I thought something was afoot when the last ad break was just after 4.30, and wasn't at all surprised when the banker rang up at 3-box - although I was surprised when the offer was as high as £22k, and I don't blame Helen for taking it as a 50p/£75k finish probably wouldn't have been that high.

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]