Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
On this board, the clock counts as more than a little bit of a spoiler.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:38 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

We're back

Round 5

6 - £10 Gabbie

4 - £500 Gill

22 - £750 Gregg

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:39 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

That was a really important round says Noel. The Banker says that was Helen's first all-blue round, and he is concerned that might get her confidence back.

Banker's offer:

£10,000

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:41 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Helen goes to Rich for some advice, and he says he would play on. Stephen says he would deal, as she took a big gamble just now. Alex says he would deal if it was him, and would also recommend that Helen should deal for herself. Imani tells Helen she needs to do what is right for her, and not listen to what others would do.

Helen says

NO DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:45 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Round 6

Noel says that got him completely as he thought Helen was going to deal then.

20 - 1p :D Jackie

It could still go wrong says Noel, so he is not celebrating yet.

13 - £5 Rich

Now it can't be a disaster says Noel. The Banker calls and Helen says that she doesn't want any offers now.

The Banker tells Helen not to pick the final box and deal now for...

Banker's offer:

£22,000

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:45 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Hopefully the "extra" offer won't work.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

She's pre-emptively dismissed the three-box offer before she's even received it... I suspect on principle she'll decline it.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Helen says she wasn't expecting that, she thought about £12,000. Helen turns to her husband and says that he wants her to take it doesn't he, but if he convinces her to take it and she has the £75,000 in her box she will never forgive him! Helen talks to Stephen and he tells Her that if she plays on she is unlikely to get that offer again, and Helen agrees with him. The Banker calls and says that is why he made the offer £22,000. Helen asks Rich what he would do if he was playing, and he thinks he would be tempted to play on. Helen says if the offer was around £18,000 she would be playing on. Helen says that she really wants to play on, but she can't believe he has offered her this much. The Banker calls again and says that if Helen takes the £22,000 and reveals the £75,000 in her box, she will be a loser, but have £22,000.

Helen says

DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Round 6 - Proveout Final box

9 - 50p Newbie Alama

Banker time with £20,000 and £75,000 remaining

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Well played from both sides - the Banker for producing an unexpected problem, and Helen for being pragmatic about it.

Two-box potential offers were £44k, £22k and £7k, I think (presuming a "rewarding courage" two-box bailout), so EV not a great deal higher than the Deal.

Of course we get the £44k one (and it's rounded to a neat £45k rather than being the straight doubling I expected).

Last edited by KP on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Helen turns to her husband and says that it is his fault!

Banker's offer would've been:

£45,000

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Helen says she wouldn't have taken that offer, and then asks if the Banker would have offered the SWAP.

The Banker calls and says he would have offered the SWAP

Noel SWAPS Helen's box 15 for box 7

Noel opens box 7 and reveals £75,000

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:53 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR...

Should have been a LOT more brave.

A massive shame the "extra" offer had to work... if it didn't... then the £75,000 would have been won.

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Box 15 with Nick contains the £20,000

Helen says she is over the moon with £22,000, but she would have liked to have won.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

And of course, as usual, when the smaller sum is on the table, the hyposwap is offered.

We need to look through the records over the last couple of years to see if there is a statistically significant difference in how often the hypo-swap is offered depending on whether the larger or smaller amount is on the table.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:56 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen
Global Moderator

I must say, I thought from Helen's attitude on the wings that she'd just wakey all the way no matter what, so I'm quite pleased common sense prevailed in the end.

On the other hand, this is why I don't do extra offers.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

WHAT THE HELL?! Way to ruin the game NOEL! That was not the Banker's fault at all, he deliberately waffled on at 3-box just to get the Banker to ring. Thanks for ruining what could've been game of the month! :evil:

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

Mark wrote:
[if the 3-box offer had been declined] then the £75,000 would have been won.

Taking it as read that the £45k would have been declined then? It was near enough the mean after all, and it's not like the amounts were adjacent. Not saying she would have taken it because the £20k guarantee tends to make people play on regardless, but...

holly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:58 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

GOD!!!!!! I HATE EXTRA OFFERS!!!! THIS IS THE THING THAT SPOILS IT ALL!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRGGGGH WHY DID NOEL HAVE TO WAFFLE ON SHE COULD HAVE WON £48,000 MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:58 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 03/02 Helen

She said she'd have declined the £45k.

Fan of classic rock and metal

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]