Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:40 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:40 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:46 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Banker's offer would've been:

£12,000.10

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe
International Forums Moderator

A mildly questionable call in my book; a couple of grand the other side of £20k and that's a very tricky call.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Round 6 - proveout

22 - Dale - £10,000

21 - Chris - £3,000

3 - Wendy - £20,000

Banker time with 10p and £75,000 remaining...

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:47 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Hopefully the Bankers Gamble.....

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

The banker says again that he still thinks Zoe has the 10p, and would've said he wouldn't offer the swap.

Banker's offer:

BANKER'S GAMBLE

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Obvious BG situation with the prior theming.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:49 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Hopefully the first Bankers Gamble this year is accepted.

Either way, hopefully a spanking.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Given that she took the 8-box offer it would be consistent to reject the gamble here.
I'm not sure if I would...

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Noel reiterates that no swap will be offered. Wendy says this is like betting on two horses that aren't favourites, and it's a big gamble. Zoe says she's a gambler, and she brings her fiancée down to the pound table.

Zoe says

NO DEAL

She keeps the £18,000.10.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Noel opens Zoe's box 4 and reveals 10p

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Phew... good choice.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Box 5 with Paul contains the £75,000

Noel talks about the 10p theme that ran throughout the show, and how Zoe had it in her box!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe
Global Moderator

Definitely the right decision not to take the gamble; too big a drop to risk. Not a bad game, and good to see an OPW too!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Defensive play this time, but another OPW to follow yesterday. A very pleasing game all told.

holly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:45 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Great game that, although the 10p thing was a bit weird lol :lol: .

DVDfever

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:56 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

I started watching after the first break on C4+1 so with Adam I presumed someone had forgotten to tell him that the Panto Specials are over ;)

Can someone tell me when Zoe first appeared, please? I was hoping we'd get to see her in her duck outfit over Xmas, but I couldn't remember when she joined. Thanks.

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:17 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Slightly cautious deal there - but it's another good one. ;)

I eagerly await to see what Deal-Eye would have done... surely not a fourth consecutive defeat?!? :shock: :? ;)

h2005 wrote:
Zoe's fiancée says Zoe could make that money last forever, and she says she's very tight!

h2005 wrote:
Zoe talks about the balance between risk and reward, and she asks her fiancée, who says he'd deal here.

h2005 wrote:
Zoe says she's a gambler, and she brings her fiancée down to the pound table.

[pedant]

H, you're making the fiancée mistake again!!!! :shock: :P ;)

[/pedant]

DVDfever wrote:
Can someone tell me when Zoe first appeared, please? I was hoping we'd get to see her in her duck outfit over Xmas, but I couldn't remember when she joined. Thanks.

This was her 21st show - her first was Clare's game, the last one before the Panto Specials. ;)

DVDfever

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:38 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

RMF1254 wrote:
DVDfever wrote:

This was her 21st show - her first was Clare's game, the last one before the Panto Specials. ;)

Thanks for that. I must've thought she was there longer. They missed a trick by not making her dress up today ;)

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

Perfect use of the BG there I'd say - it's good that it's only wheeled out once in a blue moon, than seemingly every week like it was 2 or 3 years ago. :)

(And a much better deal amount to offer it on £75k/peanuts, than ones like Cheryl and Bel, or even Stu's that was way too high!)

And the fact that she wouldn't have been allowed the swap will fuel the conspiracy theorists. ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:05 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 09/01 Zoe

A lot of people seemingly eating their words with that result (or maybe just one...).

Same finish and virtually the same amount dealt as a certain Justin when he accepted the Banker's Gamble... Good job nobody told Zoe that because the outcome would have been nowhere near the same!

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]