Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 pm Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

Warnings: 0
Is 99p the lowest second offer ever aside from the joke offers? Even Nikki Tucker got offered £1 more than that!

Fan of classic rock and metal

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:10 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

KP wrote:
I'd have taken that 95p for the distinction of the lowest ever pre-2-box Deal. :D

Probably for the better that Shakeel didn't as it would have seemed sod's law that the next box was the 10p - the lowest amount left! :lol:

£1,100 was the only real decision all game, part of me did want Shakeel to take it as I couldn't see the 3-box offer being that much higher (plus we've seen a £10k box sold for less before). I did also think though that he'd seen Charlton's game where an offer of £1k on a £5k/4 blues board was seen as more dismissable than it perhaps deserved to be, and he may have applied the same logic here.

It was a bit gutting that the end swap didn't work out either, after that build-up, the superficial cheer would have been hilarious!

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:14 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

BankerSpanker wrote:
Is 99p the lowest second offer ever aside from the joke offers? Even Nikki Tucker got offered £1 more than that!

4 years ago today, Farmer Clive was offered 50p at that point! :bluelol

MisterAl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:31 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

KP wrote:
Has there ever been a game where £10,000 has been the second-highest amount left at 12-box? I presume there's been one or two...

Both Valerie (24-10-2006) and Mini (18-7-2010) had £10,000 as their highest remaining amount at 12-box.

Shakeel's game has meant that part of my 1800 boards stats are now out of date.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:13 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

Watching this on 4OD now (already know the result). I'm absolutely stunned at Noel bigging up the high blues in the 4th round, I don't recall him ever doing that before! He's right though, they would have come in useful later on a poor board!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:32 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

But Noel did it REALLY matter whether the blue revealed was the £10 or the 10p after 5-box?

That £1,100 at 4-box was actually dealable given that with all low blues there you'd have to open another 2 blues to get offered £4,000 or so tops - can't see how the banker could have gone near the mean with all peanuts kickers. Still I reckon most people would be more gutted to sell the £10,000 box for £1,100 than they would crashing, and the end game reminded me of 1p Nick all those years ago as Shakeel took it in the best spirit, especially when he got his brother down to discuss thee swap. :laughing

And at least he won't be going home with any big regrets over "Why didn't I deal?" or "Why didn't I turn left instead to right?"!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Neilmoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 pm    Author: Neilmoon    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

that was the 3rd lowest peak offer ever after Nikki Tucker and Laurence Brown who played in June 2010

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:35 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

Well such an important first round result for team banker almost guarantees he will be playing on to 5 or more likely 2 box. Time will tell.

For the record I don't think I have seen such a strong blue board at 14box in any other game I have watched. 10 blues resolutely in place, yet I feel obliged not to gloat at the board. Even Noel says "its horrendous". I am now looking forward to whatever spin Noel tries to come up with to stop people switching channels. Of course team banker will stay avidly watching !

The 20k is stripped out and then he takes the penny which is seen as a pyschological relief and generates massive cheers. He would need an extraordinary turn of luck to end up with one of the reds at 2 box. I'd say it would be extremely unlikely but I'm waiting to be proved wrong.

A few more token blues then the loss of the £35k. Utterly disasterous for him. It means even more spinning required by Noel. Noel says the "ten thoooousand is a tasty amount". The £5k is revealed and second best result for tb. It means he will be playing to 2box and if he dodges £10k will have the unenviable choice of Swap or No Swap.

The producers offer of proceeding one box at a time almost reminds me of the phoney war in WWII. Its a sham, nothing more. If he dodges 10k the offers will remain low enough to make him continue, yet it will pad out the last remaining 10 minutes of show. I was almost hoping he would deal at £500 just to cock-a-snook at the producers, yet the clock says otherwise.

So predictably he loses £10k and the mood turns sour. Is he going to be yet another member of the exclusive 50p club, joining just a few days after Jacques! Yeah! He joins the 50p club by swapping the box. :smt105

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

Not much to be said about today's game really but another game without a big number coming to the table.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:37 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

Come to think of it, it could well have been four Banker's Power 5 wins in the first four shows of this year... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:51 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

RMF1254 wrote:
Come to think of it, it could well have been four Banker's Power 5 wins in the first four shows of this year... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?

Good point, but the wins have all be blue or honourary blue.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:52 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel
Global Moderator

RMF1254 wrote:

Yeah. Plus, if Amy-Jo had had the 1p, we would now have had been the total opposite of last year, when the first four games of the year all saw Power 5 sums on the table. :shock:

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

willrelf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:11 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel
Forum Games Moderator

Relentless bad luck there, with the only decision being £1100 at 4-box. I would have played on too, but at least I would have got an extra £4.50. :lol:

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:56 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 04/01 Shakeel

Pretty much an unavoidable trainwreck there but Shakeel took it with exceptionally good humour.

In terms of gameplay there was only one dealable offer and even tht was debateable either way.

Plenty of humour from the wings thought - Stef, Jodi & Margaret all making a strong impression

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]