Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:13 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:13 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:26 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah

Warnings: 0
hogwild94 wrote:
Phew, that was close. Was probably worth another round; can't help but think he was influenced too much by Noel going on and on about yesterday's game. :roll:

Agreed.

Sarah came across as very self-assured and determined but also aware of her limits, and it was the latter that won out with that 8-box decision. While I probably wouldn't have taken that offer, she at least stuck by her decision and didn't seem too disappointed when finding out she could have had more.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:39 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah

One of those funny games where she dealt too early but because she did and because thankfully the proveout doesn't include twists, meant that there was no on-screen indication of how bad much money she missed out on had she gone on (although we will never know if she would have got her wish granted). I reckon the 4 and 3-box offers could well have been £40k and £60k respectively.

Shame she had that nightmare round at the wrong time because she seemed a very likeable character in the studio and it came across on screen that way.
Interesting that Noel at 8-box acknowledged that although the QM was there, there were still 4 blues. I don't think that influenced her decision but it's good to see both sides of the argument presented on screen.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:01 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah

Slightly defeatist deal - which only just escaped being the lowest offer of the game. Sarah was unlucky to have the nightmare round when she did, there was a good argument for persevering to 5 box with the twist in play but of course there were no guarantees. It's a tough one to judge because she ultimately did the right thing at the wrong time, so it wasn't a disaster, just less than satisfying

willrelf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:57 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah
Forum Games Moderator

Strange deal, but unfortunate to not find the £250k until the final box of the last round. For me, I would have dealt £22k with three to open, but had I got my wish I would have chosen one-box-at-a-time and would have either dealt at 4-box or 3-box depending on the offers. Bad game but at least she only had £500 in her box.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:12 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah

Strange to think that when Daniel dealt at 8-box during last year's Christmas shows, he was only the second player ever to have dealt early during a theme week with a 5-box twist. That number's probably in double figures now! :shock:

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah
International Forums Moderator

Let's think how many there were in 2011 - two in this block of episodes, two in the Hallowe'en run, and was it just Wilf in Cowboys and Indians week?

Unless I'm missing any, that's five for the year, seven all-time.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah
Global Moderator

KP wrote:
Let's think how many there were in 2011 - two in this block of episodes, two in the Hallowe'en run, and was it just Wilf in Cowboys and Indians week?

Unless I'm missing any, that's five for the year, seven all-time.

Jade from School's Out week? ;)

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:03 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah - Panto Christmas Special

Harry from Cowboys & Indians dealt at 8-box too. There were 3 at Halloween - Jess, Nick and Parvinder.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:24 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah - Panto Christmas Special

So, in fact, it's eight for the year, and ten all-time... Brick is quite right! ;)

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:58 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah - Panto Christmas Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

RMF1254 wrote:
So, in fact, it's eight for the year, and ten all-time... Brick is quite right! ;)

9 for the year and 11 all-time now!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:01 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah - Panto Christmas Special

h2005 wrote:
RMF1254 wrote:

9 for the year and 11 all-time now!

Who was the ninth/eleventh? :eyes:

Oh, of course - Baz. :eyes: ;) ;)

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:02 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 28/12 Sarah - Panto Christmas Special

BTW, I've looked at Sarah's picture on dealornodeal.co.uk - and, well, unless it's a really bad picture, it looks very much to me like she had alopecia, a bit like Syrita. :eyes:

I'm not too sure if I should really be asking these questions - but did she indeed have it, and if so, was it brought up at any stage during her time on the show? :eyes: :eyes: :?

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]