Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:32 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:32 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:51 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

Warnings: 0
£8k? I'm probably going on dealing the £75k/blue/blue 3-box and that would probably be around £12-£13k so is it worth taking the 25% risk of disaster?

Probably just about, I think.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:51 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Round 6 - Box 2 - Proveout

5 - £75,000 Shakira

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

I love it when that happens says Noel.

Banker's offer would've been:

£50

KP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special
International Forums Moderator

And that's why I would use the bonus offers purely as a negotiating prop to boost the five-box Deal.

Watch as we get an inflated 3-box offer now. Well... it would have been ;)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

Round 6 - Final box - Proveout

13 - £10 Peter

Banker time with £1 and £250 remaining

kestral

Banker's offer would've been:

£75

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

Noel opens Lavinne's box 22 and reveals £1

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

Margaret with box 11 contains the £250

Lavinne says that it has been amazing on the show.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special
Global Moderator

Good job in damage limitation there. An understandable deal given the riskiness of the board.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

Well after luck like that, I'd hope to be getting some sort of Christmas post-game consolation prize.

Fair play to get out at £8k. As Noel said, getting out when the game is on the decline isn't easy to do.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

Probably got sucked into playing further than she perhaps should, but got out in time to avoid what would have been a very painful crash.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special
Global Moderator

Oh, and my Dad would have got a 20k OPW today! :lol:

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:58 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

I was actually urging her to deal the £20k with her circumstances and not get sucked into playing on to the 5-box twist where all sorts of mind games could happen, though I felt about to eat my words until the £250k appeared just before it. God knows what could have been offered at 5-box if she'd picked a blue instead AND got one to open.

Thank god she got out before it became a total disaster.

And the newbie's called Dale? Didn't £100k Dale start about this time last year in the post-Christmas special games? That is SPOOKY!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

holly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:01 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

That £8,000 deal was a bit dodgy. It seemed a bit weird to me to turn down £20,000 then deal at £8k. Still, fair play, because she avoided a painful trainwreck.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

James asks what the one-to-open offer with the three P5 amounts in tow might have been: probably deflated given the uncertainty of the prior ND and/or a desire to try and engineer a huge finish, I would expect £36k. I would look for £50k to be sure of dealing, £45k would be marginal.

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:25 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

The opening rounds and offers seemed to set the game up for money-chasing at the later stages, which we very nearly got, luckily Lavinne didn't as that would have been hard for her to take. A bullet dodged there.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:35 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

There is such a thing as starting too strongly and Lavinne's game is a case in point. The problem is the stronger the opening round the harder it becomes to maintain momentum and unless, like Mark, you have a high red in your box it's likely to end in tears.

Don't know how much Lavinne was lured on by the 5 box twist but I did think she should have dealt at 8 box, for much the same reasons as I wanted Toni to deal. The difference is that this time there would have been no post deal guilt trip.

I hate to use words like squandered but lets be honest, Lavinne blew her chances of spanking the Banker

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:49 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
I hate to use words like squandered but lets be honest, Lavinne blew her chances of spanking the Banker

Well, what do you say to that, Mark? ;)

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:06 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special

Well that 8 box offer was worth thinking about but was worth another round anyhow, only because of the five box twist.

willrelf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:35 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 27/12 Lavinne - Panto Christmas Special
Forum Games Moderator

I would have somehow crashed to £1, which would have been disappointing. It was strange for Lavinne to deal at £8k having turned down £20k at 8-box, but the 5-box twist probably came into play there and she avoided the crash, so well done to her.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]