Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:35 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:35 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:00 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Elvis

Warnings: 0
Simon F wrote:
Yes, the gamble at 5-box was poor but has Elvis said something like "I know that's close to the average but I think that if I can can keep the £100k in play, it will be worth the gamble because I might get an offer that makes the gamble worthwhile", I'd have least have had respect for him.

It's people who in the first half of the game starting bleating on about being a big winner and then make decisions based on "feelings" that are my personal bugbear.

Now I've seen the full thing I do agree with you though at least he practised what he preached rather than dealing the third offer like some people who start the game like that do (like G or Noel's best mate Phil from 2007). At was G was entertaining with it though!

When he said "I know there's a big number in the box" it was setting himself up for a fall because it just makes you look silly if you're wrong and there's a blue.

Still it's his money (or potential money) so at the end of the day he can do whatever he wants!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:17 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Elvis

James1978 wrote:
Simon F wrote:
Yes, the gamble at 5-box was poor but has Elvis said something like "I know that's close to the average but I think that if I can can keep the £100k in play, it will be worth the gamble because I might get an offer that makes the gamble worthwhile", I'd have least have had respect for him.

It's people who in the first half of the game starting bleating on about being a big winner and then make decisions based on "feelings" that are my personal bugbear.

Now I've seen the full thing I do agree with you though at least he practised what he preached rather than dealing the third offer like some people who start the game like that do (like G or Noel's best mate Phil from 2007). At was G was entertaining with it though!

When he said "I know there's a big number in the box" it was setting himself up for a fall because it just makes you look silly if you're wrong and there's a blue.

Still it's his money (or potential money) so at the end of the day he can do whatever he wants!

Absolutely agree with your last point. I wouldn't want everyone to play the game like I do otherwise it wouldn't have lasted 6 years.

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:34 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Elvis
Forum Games Moderator

£22,000 was an amazing offer at 5-box - one which I would have dealt swiftly. That must have taken some guts for Elvis to go on and sadly it didn't pay off.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

oldbus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:07 pm    Author: oldbus    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Elvis

What a game.

I think the banker's offer of 22k was reasonable given the circumstances. Elvis by that point looked very likely to do a Mark, and the only chance of buying out a player like that is to make offers that head towards the mean. The fact that Elvis didn't take it shows that the offer had to be big.

Of course, the results of Elvis' No Deal show why many players follow a different strategy.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:22 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Elvis

Well fancy squandering £22k like that. Tut, tut. Should have been a lot less brave...etc,etc

I quite liked Elvis to be fair but the moment he said he had a big red in his box I knew he was going to crash to a blue. Personally i would have taken the £22k but it didn't surprise me that he didn't and while part of me does admire his focus and determination I don't think he had a strong enough board to justify that self belief. Sometimes you gotta just wake up and smell the coffee

willrelf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:44 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Elvis
Forum Games Moderator

This game disproved Mark's theory that going to the end is always the best option.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:06 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Elvis

willrelf wrote:
This game disproved Mark's theory that going to the end is always the best option.

Every person with a blue or a low red in their box disproves that.

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]