Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:31 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Nick - Bankenstein's Monsters Halloween Special

Warnings: 0
I REALLY think this catapult thing isn't working. Just put it back to 5-box being a pure 50:50 game of chance (NOT skill) of whether you get one to open and a holiday, or the banker sees in the box, but guarantees a swap. And the only opt-out of that is to deal at 8-box or earlier.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Nick - Bankenstein's Monsters Halloween Special
International Forums Moderator

People have worked out the catapult is horribly imbalanced, and are dealing before the twist - the producers are having to respond with horrible post-game twists to make pre-5-box deals look bad. Second time in three games I'd have taken the same "premature" deal as the player and then gleefully thrown the guilt-trip gamble right back in Endemol's face. I guess that's why I'm never going to be a contestant.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:16 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Nick - Bankenstein's Monsters Halloween Special

Well it's strongly recommended that every player in the special shows go to five box in live play, as if you don't, you may never get a chance of having a go at whatever may be on offer.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Nick - Bankenstein's Monsters Halloween Special
International Forums Moderator

...which in this case is a remote chance of something some contestants won't even want, or an even more remote chance of that plus bonus offers with the near-certainty of the Banker being able to look in the box.

Those eight-box Deals start to look a lot more appealing after that. Hence the ludicrously weighted post-game gambles to make them lose afterwards as retrospective punishment.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:50 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Nick - Bankenstein's Monsters Halloween Special

When will Noel learn that mentioning the possiblity of the first male QM before 8-box usually is followed by the QM being found in the next round?

Noel reckoned there have been 3 at most draws (players dealing for their box contents) in the show's history? Got a feeling the figure is probably closer to 10 but not sure.

The least said about the truthfulness of that £16k offer the better.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:56 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Nick - Bankenstein's Monsters Halloween Special

Simon F wrote:
When will Noel learn that mentioning the possiblity of the first male QM before 8-box usually is followed by the QM being found in the next round?

Well if he mentioned it for yesterday's show if Nick was playing then it wouldn't have done so. I bet he was gutted it wasn't his game yesterday as soon as that was gone, though he probably would have blew his chances at it.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Nick - Bankenstein's Monsters Halloween Special

Mark wrote:
Simon F wrote:

Well if he mentioned it for yesterday's show if Nick was playing then it wouldn't have done so. I bet he was gutted it wasn't his game yesterday as soon as that was gone, though he probably would have blew his chances at it.

There's enough contestants on Twitter - why don't you ask them if long runners are gutted when they pick a big amount at random when they aren't playing.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:51 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Nick - Bankenstein's Monsters Halloween Special

Noels jinxing of the £250k and admission of the fact was slightly poetic. His talk of haemorraging was slightly worrying but to his credit the reveal of the 1p brought back a smile to Nick.

I was a little surprised to the deal, but it was quite pragmatic. Thats the second so far before they reach 5 box in this week of specials.

Amazing. Encouraging the gamble and even admitting the similarity to (rigged against the player) promenade games. He obviously hadn't worked out the failure rate of 60:1. I think the banker would have been safe to offer a potential win of £30k! I wonder if he regretted wasting a grand on it!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:07 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Nick - Bankenstein's Monsters Halloween Special

Holy flip - just when one was thinking that there wouldn't be another game like Jess's... :shock: :x :roll: :(

This one wasn't quite as bad, though, as Nick dealt at 8-box and not at 11-box, and didn't look like he was a bit on the dense side.

But dare I say this - this Hallowe'en week is marking quite a fall from grace after the fun and success of the live shows... :? :(

And it's easy to say that once it's over, the producers ought to sit down and discuss a few issues as regards future themed weeks.

But... for all we know, they might have actually FULLY ENJOYED this game and Jess's, as well of course as the other three this week... :shock: :shock: :x

And if indeed they have, well then, they've pretty much gone locos en las cabezas... :roll: :(

willrelf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:33 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Nick - Bankenstein's Monsters Halloween Special
Forum Games Moderator

Would have dealt £16,000 at 5-box if it was offered in live-play. Gotta say these extra twists with the catapult are annoying considering only one person has succeeded so far.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:38 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 03/11 Nick - Bankenstein's Monsters Halloween Special

LoL at Noel hitting himself in the chest with a brain.

When Noel started reminding Nick about Laura also coming from Wales and how she was the first jackpot winner was anyone else expecting the Banker to call up and remind Nick that he had an equally tenuous connection to the founder menber of the 1p club? It was certainly the first thought that came to my mind.

Anyway a pragmatic deal, ultimately one round too early but as i always say better too early than too late.

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]