Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:57 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Russell - Deal or No Deal LIVE
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Worth going for the final gamble, but you can't argue with that! A great recovery to an OPW from a game that looked like it was heading nowhere! :D

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

paulyc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Russell - Deal or No Deal LIVE

That was a good result considering how the game was flowing. He was the essence of how to handle a tough game: not sobbing, not disrespecting the low offers, just ploughing on to the business end of the game. I really enjoyed that one.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:58 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Russel - Deal or No Deal LIVE
Global Moderator

James1978 wrote:
Also what on earth did Tony who played in Schools Out week do to deserve being effectively an HoF contestant? He had a trainwreck and didn't even win 1p! :?

Must be something to do with his 'Take Fat' tribute group, I'd have thought.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:05 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Russell - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Noel's stupid unnecessary padding out really annoyed me! :x

However, £13k is a good result after having a £415k opening round.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:25 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Russell - Deal or No Deal LIVE

First chance I've had to watch a live show as it's broadcast. It didn't feel like it was live, perhaps goes to show how good the production crew are at giving it the same feel as the other shows!

That was one of the worst opening rounds we've had for a while, so kudos to Russell for taking it on the chin. After the decline of £7,500 at 8-box (which seemed a good offer considering the low blues still there), the £13,000 at 2-box did seem to be a forcing offer in comparison, especially with the swap then ruled out. Was glad to see him get the upper hand in the end.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:33 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Russell - Deal or No Deal LIVE
Global Moderator

Russell's interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jar9P2ojJp8

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:15 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Russell - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Terrible start, great turn around.

There was a good argument for taking that final gamble but even so considering how the game started £13k was a fantastic result

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:14 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Russell - Deal or No Deal LIVE

£13k after that start is a result. Took a bigger gamble than I would have done at 8-box but the dream/nightmare rounds at 5-box seem to keep popping up recently.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:14 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Russell - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Terrible start, great turn around.

There was a good argument for taking that final gamble but even so considering how the game started £13k was a fantastic result

Absolutely, brilliant recovery and a satisfying conclusion to a tough game for luck generally. Very enjoyable afternoon at the studios as always, chatting to Lyn and Kanga (as she's known on here!) about loads of statistical nonsense as usual! :)

....Such as £250k being in Box 4 on my 44th pilgrim game on channel 4 at 4pm! :o

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:36 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Russell - Deal or No Deal LIVE

kestral wrote:
Noel says he can't recall anyone doing that sort of all red round in an opening round.

He obviously doesn't recall Frank Sinatra fan Buzz, then - whose opening round consisted of the top 3, £15k and £10k. :roll: ;)

By an astonishing coincidence, he too went on to pull out a highly unlikely OPW... :shock: 8)

kestral wrote:
Noel says this is one of the most extraordinary turn arounds we have ever had.

And he doesn't recall Keran, either... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ;) 8)

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:37 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Russell - Deal or No Deal LIVE

To be fair, at least he described it as "one of the most extraordinary turnarounds" rather than "THE most" - I think Gaz on the wings may have had something to say about the latter!

I think the record for worst opening round still belongs to either Audrey or Irene from the very early days - I think one of them took out the top 3, £15k and £35k or something like that...

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]