Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Warnings: 0
This will probably be the £26,000.

However with a guaranteed £15,000 it's very much worth the gamble......

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Totally against the odds you got an all-blue round at the critical time says Noel. He points to the game-clock with 4 mins left. The Banker is crying that is not what he wanted.

Banker's offer:

£26,000

deepdaleduck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: deepdaleduck    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Looking good - The Guv'nor?

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Dave thinks the offer is a bit low and he should go for it, and everyone else seems to agree.

Martin says

DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Noel opens Martin's box 5 and reveals £50,000

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Joycey with box 4 contains the £15,000

Martin says that is more than he has ever had or seen, and a wedding is definately on.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR

The £26k has worked yet AGAIN...

With a guaranteed £15,000 it was a easy no deal.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE
Global Moderator

Well turned around there. Most would have gone for it (myself included), but I can understand why he dealt there.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Last edited by hogwild94 on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Yes it was one of the more safer gambles to make but it was evident from the body language that the money meant more to him and his fiancee than the possibility of losing £11,000 so fair does!

Still, it was a much better result today!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

paulyc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

I thought 26k was a bit low given them two boxes and would have chanced my arm there. Still, 26k is a lot of wonga and he didn't look too bothered, so good on him. Was a good game. Probably the best one in the live show run?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

>£26,000
>Deal or No Deal?
>Deal

Me: WHAT?!!!!! :x

Fan of classic rock and metal

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:00 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Mark wrote:
With a guaranteed £15,000 it was a easy no deal.

I have to agree! It was even better odds than yesterday. Try asking for that gamble in the bookies and you'd be laughed out the door.

So can someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's 4 OBWs to one OPW for the live shows??

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:02 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

I was hoping that if the £26,000 was offered during the live shows that it wouldn't work, but sadly it did.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:03 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

At least it's 2,600,000 times better than 1p! :P

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE
International Forums Moderator

You could hardly have designed a board to induce mathematically questionable decisions more easily. The eight-box board looked dramatically better than it was, and £10,000 never looked like being taken even though it was nearly two-thirds of the mean on a 4/4 split. The £35k going immediately exposed that decision as questionable - note Noel insisting that two blues were suddenly required.

Then of course the Deal, which really did come out of left field, and I wonder if he'd have taken it if he had another minute on the clock - but what looked like a decision made in haste to repent at leisure on my first viewing (I tweeted at that point that it was a worst-deal-ever contender) was probably simply an impulsive decision based on a target.

(That a wedding can cost more than £15k strikes me as ludicrous, but as someone who already knows he is going to be one of life's permanent singletons, I'm in no position to understand weddings.)

Still, at least the eight-box gamble paid off eventually.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:02 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Its a good psychological argument that I look forward to KP following up. Let me suggest it the other way around. You have £15,000 to gamble. I will either pay you £26,000 or £50,000 depending on whether you choose heads or tails.

btw after catching up with the recording, how good was it to see Dale again! I was amazed he got to 9 box at 19 minutes too. Watching the final deal, I too was quite surprised that he too it. A much deserved OBW imho!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Not seen this yet but I'm stunned at that deal, especially after all the hard work he went through to be an a great p[osition with a guaranteed £15k. Bit hypocritical of Dave to say he'd go for it though after he dealt in a similar scenario. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

trancematics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:40 pm    Author: trancematics    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

I've seen some awful deals in my time but that was right up there with the worst of them.

Other than that these live shows are the best thing thats happened to DOND in many years.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:31 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

James1978 wrote:
Not seen this yet but I'm stunned at that deal, especially after all the hard work he went through to be an a great p[osition with a guaranteed £15k. Bit hypocritical of Dave to say he'd go for it though after he dealt in a similar scenario. :)

He did say "from personal experience" he'd go for it ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:59 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/10 Martin - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Quite an exciting game to view from the front of the audience.
r
Have to say that coincidences seem to happen when I go to the dream factory. Not only were Dave and Dale both on the wings (having seen both their games live) but the similarities between todays game and Dave's were scary (including the strange utility based deal).

It does seem that the producers are getting the pace of the game better with no time wasted with the outside broadcast today.

Very surprised at the deal but can see why he did it.

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]