Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Marcus (Ex-contestant) with box 3 contains the £35,000

Noel asks if Louise's dad had a big influence in that decision, and Louise says that dad knows best.

They then show a little montage at the end of Louise's game.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE
Global Moderator

Yay! Great start to the Live shows! Good job Louise! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

cfd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Well I think that works quite well. I think the addition of a time limit is certainly interesting. Even though it filled the same slot it felt a lot more fast paced than usual.

I do think if the banker offered £10kish at 5-box we'd have got a more interesting finish. Half suspect he made it as high as he reasonably could to force the deal preventing us finding out in episode 1 what happens if it over runs :)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Well, the clock made that more interesting. Nice use of the remaining 2:30 to offer the Gamble.

Fan of classic rock and metal

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:00 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

cfd wrote:
I do think if the banker offered £10kish at 5-box we'd have got a more interesting finish. Half suspect he made it as high as he reasonably could to force the deal preventing us finding out in episode 1 what happens if it over runs :)

Seems like it was, I probably would have gone on there although obviously wanted her to deal because of the time and it worked out perfectly. Will be interesting to see if they keep the 15 min countdown format throughout this period.

Good to see Corinne and old faces too.

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Well i thoroughly enjoyed that! :smt023 The player was full of energy and Noel took to a live show format like a duck to water, not to mention the feel good result.

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

I really enjoyed it, the fact it was live meant you couldn't clockwatch to get an indicator of what happened, and they still had plenty of banter in there despite the time limit.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

What were the odds of the deal at 5-box?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

That was fantastic! So glad they managed to fit it all in but with different scenarios I'm just worried they simply won't have enough time to really deal with the offers...but still that was definitely a success!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

collydolly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

That went very well and you could feel the tension, I so makes me want to go to a recording again but I probably won't :cry:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

The other thing I liked was the mention of 2 Shoes! :P Incase you had any doubts whatsoever that the show was live, they simply chuck in a real time action event like what happened on last night's telly! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:04 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Nice Million Pound Drop style highlights at the end. :D

BTW, Noel's watch was 1 minute out. My radio-controlled clock said 4:00 and his watch said 4:01! :lol:

hevelius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:10 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

:smt023 Well done Louise...did so well to stay cool,calm,and collected....the whole
show brilliantly hosted by Noel-just flowed so smoothly-with no hitches!...great start
to the live shows...well done again to Louise-and all connected with the show!

holly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

"The Banker" wrote:
You did. :lol:

blimey he looks different :lol:

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:13 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Just went on to 4OD to watch and it's not there. :(

Does anyone know if these live shows aren't going to be on 4OD?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:21 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

James1978 wrote:
Just went on to 4OD to watch and it's not there. :(

Does anyone know if these live shows aren't going to be on 4OD?

Someone tweeted the official DoND account earlier and they said the show should be on 4OD by this evening. As the show is live it takes longer to get put on 4OD as they don't have the show pre-uploaded (or whatever they do) like they do a pre-recorded one ready to go on just after 5pm.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:23 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Well that all went rather well. There was no errors or mistakes, the camera work was spot on, and apart from a couple of instances where the music overlapped or was slightly delayed all the normal music & sound effects were present and correct. In fact it was just like watching a normal show, but more exciting due to it being live.

I was worried about the time limit and how it would work out, but there was a good amount of chat & banter in between. As expected Noel handled the show well. I look forward to seeing the rest of the live shows.

trancematics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:24 pm    Author: trancematics    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - nnsionDeal or No Deal LIVE

First show I've watched in a couple of months and what a shot in the arm the live show turned out to be. It felt fast-paced and there was a genuine tension in the air. Noel is a veteran at live TV so I had no doubts about his ability to keep it all together and we were dealt up a decent game until daddy poked his nose in and said 'deal'.

However it turned out for the best though how exciting would it have been if she had kept going and/or taken the Banker's Gamble!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE
International Forums Moderator

The pacing is going to be tricky in the remaining eleven shows, but the £16,500 was well-judged to produce several minutes of thought before a Deal. They did have time for a No Deal, but it'd probably have had to have been impulsive, which wouldn't have looked good. (Or there'd have been a speed round at the end, which would not look good.)

There's an interesting layer of strategy for the player: if they rush through the first couple of rounds, they can give themselves time to go to the end easily, but the Banker might force that upon them if the game's going too quickly. In every respect bar absolute EV, that is a sub-optimal strategy. Slowing the game down will help ensure an early Deal, which is a valid defensive approach, but one that might be mercilessly turned upon them with a low 8-box offer if there's only about ten minutes on the clock. Coming into the eight-box offer with 15 minutes on the clock - just ahead of Louise's schedule, where she came out of the final break just before the 15-minute warning (and isn't it nice to see the old 15- and 9-box breaks again, or is it just me being nostalgic?), would be where I'd want to be.

I hope someone calls a speed round at some point. That'll be hilarious live.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:43 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 10/10 Louise - Deal or No Deal LIVE

There's a brief interview with Louise after her game here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0IE0-KD7Ro

There's also some behind the scenes photos from the show on the Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 269&type=1

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]