Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 pm Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:45 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Charlotte says

NO DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:48 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

Round 6

22 - £5,000 Neil

Wow says Noel.

8 - 50p Mark

21 - £750 David

Banker time with £10 and £15,000 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:49 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

Now you'll have a very interesting decision coming your way says Noel. The Banker wonders where to pitch this, as Charlotte would love to win the £15,000, but she is not a gambler.

Banker's offer:

£3,750

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

That is brilliantly pitched says Noel. Charlotte says that £15,000 was her target, and talks about the number 3 that she has been thinking of all day. Charlotte talks to her boyfriend, and he says it is so different now when just one word can get you that money, but also £15,000 was her target. Noel tells Charlotte that she wouldn't be guaranteed the swap, but would she make a swap, and Charlotte says she wouldn't and would keep her box.

Charlotte says

NO DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

The Banker calls and says that he knows Charlotte said she wouldn't swap, but he is going to offer the swap.

Banker's offer:

SWAP

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

Charlotte says

NO SWAP

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

Noel opens Charlotte's box 3 and reveals £10

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

Box 9 with Parvinder contains the £15,000

That's how it goes says Charlotte, and she is glad she went to the end.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte
International Forums Moderator

Long overdue good luck for the Banker these last two games. Maybe the reality check everyone needed to get back to normal.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:58 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte
Global Moderator

Aw, shame. Let's hope this is only a blip.

Also, second Charlotte this year to have a blue-15k finish and end up with the blue.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Last edited by hogwild94 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:05 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

£3,750 was RUBBISH! :smt019
I expected at least £5k.

Fan of classic rock and metal

holly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:15 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

BankerSpanker wrote:
£3,750 was RUBBISH! :smt019
I expected at least £5k.

To be honest, I was expecting around 7 or 8 thousand

DanS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:19 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

With the average being £7,505, I think an offer of 7 or 8 grand was most definitely out of the question. I agree with BS, I think £5,000 would have been fair there.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:26 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

KP wrote:
Long overdue good luck for the Banker these last two games. Maybe the reality check everyone needed to get back to normal.

What he said.lol. And that candid view for those on the side of the banker is appreciated. It was good to see how the loss of the 250k/100k in quick succession drove down the offer to a point below that which we have seen offers with the £75k in play.
Also I'd make the point that she was offered the swap on such low values. Arguably to maintain some element of interest in the f@g end of the game. But let's remember(for honesty sake) similar or better finishes in proveout when the hyposwap is forgotten or edited out.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:29 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

I had a feeling there wasn't going to be the £15k in the box today. The good luck run of youngish woman gambling on 2-box finishes had to finish eventually.

Can't blame her for gambling though - the reasoning that she could afford to gamble £3,750 made it one that she was happy with.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:31 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

norwichdonder wrote:
Also I'd make the point that she was offered the swap on such low values. Arguably to maintain some element of interest in the f@g end of the game. But let's remember(for honesty sake) similar or better finishes in proveout when the hyposwap is forgotten or edited out.

She got the swap because of the emphasis she had placed on box 9 earlier in the game - and because she said she wouldn't swap - the values of the boxes had nothing to do with it. It was just the Banker playing mind games, enjoying the fact the game was going his way for the first time in over a week.

So there we have it, exactly one week on from Tegan's game and another 20-something beauty becomes the first blue winner in 8 games. The players' lucky streak had to end sometime, it's just a shame that Charlotte had to bear the brunt of it. She was quite a likeable player, though she tended to fade into the background for the most part while on the wings.

An unlucky game through and through, and it was undoubtedly the poor board, and derisory closing offers, which forced her to the end.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:59 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 29/09 Charlotte

Tell you something a bit odd I've noticed - it's nearly always a younger female playing on a Thursday, and there seems no obvious reason why that should be so - since Season 7 started it's been Debbie, Danielle, Charlotte (4), Nyomi, Lauren, Tegen and Charlotte (5). The last older woman to play on a Thursday was Glenda, and the last man was Macka back in June (and all other Thursdays since irene at the start of June were young females also with the exception of the two mentioned!) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]