Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:20 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:20 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

Warnings: 0
Banker's offer would've been:

£18,000

Last edited by Michael DeVere on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

OH DEAR...

should have been a LOT more brave. However it was a big gamble though.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

Noel opens Danielle's box 17 to reveal £50,000

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: Winner    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

ahhh what a shame, still 30k is good at 23! 8)

Oni-91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

In terms of dealing at that point, only missing out on £20k more isn't a HUGE loss. Imagine if she no dealt and had those rounds.

Anyway you slice it, £30,000 is still a very nice bundle.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

Gary opens box 7 to reveal £250.

Danielle says it will pay off her student debt and will help her with her move to London.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

£50,000 still would've been won though, if she went to the end

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle
Global Moderator

Oops. But 30k is still a very handy sum on money. And it's not that bad a loss.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

DIMBLEBOT CLONE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:09 pm    Author: DIMBLEBOT CLONE    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

Michael DeVere wrote:
lucozade wrote:
Michael DeVere wrote:
Kirsty says

NO DEAL

isn't this Danielle's game? :?

It is. I got a bit confused. :oops:

THIS IS PROOF THAT "MICHAEL DEVERE" EXISTS IN A WARPED UNIVERSE WHERE THE PREVIOUS DAY'S PLAYER PLAYS THE CURRENT DAY'S PLAYER'S GAME. CAUTION SHOULD THEREFORE BE ADVISED WHEN APPROACHING "MICHAEL DEVERE" IN THE STREET, AS YOU COULD BE SUCKED INTO THIS ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE.

THE REAL DIMBLEBOT CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://WWW.TWITTER.COM/DIMBLEBOT

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:26 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

DIMBLEBOT CLONE wrote:
Michael DeVere wrote:
lucozade wrote:
Michael DeVere wrote:
Kirsty says

NO DEAL

isn't this Danielle's game? :?

It is. I got a bit confused. :oops:

THIS IS PROOF THAT "MICHAEL DEVERE" EXISTS IN A WARPED UNIVERSE WHERE THE PREVIOUS DAY'S PLAYER PLAYS THE CURRENT DAY'S PLAYER'S GAME. CAUTION SHOULD THEREFORE BE ADVISED WHEN APPROACHING "MICHAEL DEVERE" IN THE STREET, AS YOU COULD BE SUCKED INTO THIS ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE.

My secret is out! I do indeed live in a warped universe and that people should be wary of approaching me in the street. Unless of course they wish to join me in my alternative universe.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle
International Forums Moderator

Cracking game, one I am very pleased to have watched live. £30k is a great result in anyone's book, and when the only route to a bigger win was taking at least one (arguably two) very questionable risks, it's almost impossible to be disappointed. You could tell she knew it, too - I almost sensed she hammed up the £50k reveal along the lines of Endemol telling players not to look flippant during the proveout, and when Noel talked about the £30k again she was bubbly again.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

DanS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:06 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

This is one of those games where I absolutely don't care about the fact she sold the box for less than it's worth. If I was playing, I definitely would not care if I sold a £50,000 box for £30,000.

I would have gone on with the quarter mill still in play though, but £25,000 for a quarter mill-less board would be a definite deal. I just hope Noel doesn't start tomorrows introduction with some nonsense about how Danielle should have gone all the way.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:56 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

A great game and for once, the usual game show technique of taking a break at a crucial point in the game didn't seem that bad (especially as the last break in real-time in the studio tends to be shorter than a TV ad-break these days).

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:08 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

Another lovely contestant, that's three of my favourite hotties have played in the past week. I'm running out of eye candy :o

A very good game and it's interesting how the result has polarised opinion. I think in terms of the Banker's strategy Danielle has had probably the most generous offers this season. £30k is a lot of money to turn your nose up at, though at the same time that board had real echos of Suzanne's game, and i can understand the temptation to go on, in fact i thought at the time there was one more round in it.
After the amount of deliberation she put into that offer it was almost inevitable that Dannielle was going to deal though and in that respect it was absolutely the right decision for her. Of course the fact that she had £50k in her box means she was denied the spanking she seemed destined for, but she still got out at the peak offer and the only way to get more would have been though a risky, even reckless, gamble. In my book that's a good result

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:12 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Danielle

Yes, enjoyed watching that one first hand nearly 7 months ago now in the Bristol shed - bubbly character in the chair coupled with a perfectly pitched offer at 8-box and a lot of discussion weighing up her options provided fascinating viewing. She seemed to maintain a clear mind, which some players struggle to do under the spotlight. Hard to be disappointed with the proveout, despite £50k in the box. Classic see-saw proveout.

At time of filming, this was the 2nd Danielle I had seen play yet to broadcast, but her game couldn't have been more contrasting, as the first effectively paid money to the banker for a holiday! :shock: (and had catastrophic luck of course compared to Danielle's above-average luck today)

Anyway, can't quibble with the deal at all - I think I would've been inclined to go on as 3 significant reds were likely to be left for a reasonable get-out (as it turned out), but equally knocking stability out of the board meant possibilities of the banker lowballing, so sensible deal. Enjoy the money, Danielle! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]