Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:39 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:39 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:45 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 22/08 Rich

Warnings: 0
First thought, Lauren looks different :-D Glad i'm not the only one who's curiosity was piqued by her sudden dissapearance

As for Rich some brave gameplay on his part, with some risky no deals.

The final gamble was an interesting one for me £10k is a strong enough back up to make the gamble for £50k worthwhile, dependant on the offer, I think i would want the mean to deal on that. On the other hand if i was in dire financial straits as Rich apparantly was then i might be more inclined to caution at that stage :ponder:

I don't think there really was a right or wrong decision there and it's a shame that having taken the gamble he didn't have the £50k in his box.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 22/08 Rich

It's been an interesting sequence of games this season.

Sensible deal followed by the nightmare proveout
Reasonable gamble that went wrong
Cautious deal at 2-box with the £250k on the table
Gamble at 2-box with a blue on the table
Sensible deal for an OPW
Sensible deal for a horrible proveout
Gamble that didn't quite pay off

A lot of games where decisions seemed to be influenced by the game before.
If this game hadn't followed a £250k on the table game, I might have been impressed by the reasonable gamble today but in a way, there was part of me that was hoping there wasn't a big amount on the table today (probably because the £15k at 8-box was a very decent offer - Noel's statement at 6-box that if the next box wasn't £250k, the next offer would be huge was false - the £50k in the next box would have been a stick probably). Not because of the player, just that an OHO power 5 win after yesterday's game might start a run of gambling players.

dougal18

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:36 am    Author: dougal18    Post subject: Re: 22/08 Rich

h2005 wrote:
The banker says the cheapest he's bought the £250k for is £8,000, and he loved it.
[/b]

Does The Banker mean Rob's game here? He actually bought the £3,000 off Rob.

Spike

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:17 am    Author: Spike    Post subject: Re: 22/08 Rich

Hi
Yes I'm Frank Hughes alias contestant 'Spike' from series 4. Having received a few calls and Emails last night, I have just watched my recording of Rich's game.
NO I'm not his Grandad I am still in the land of the living. GOOD GAME RICH.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:40 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 22/08 Rich

dougal18 wrote:
h2005 wrote:
The banker says the cheapest he's bought the £250k for is £8,000, and he loved it.
[/b]

Does The Banker mean Rob's game here? He actually bought the £3,000 off Rob.

I meant to comment on that last night. It seems the £8k has now gone in the record books as the lowest selling of the QM (even though us purists won't see it as that).

Might be worth someone reminding the Banker of that on Twitter.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/08 Rich
International Forums Moderator

Simon F wrote:
A lot of games (so far this season) where decisions seemed to be influenced by the game before.
If this game hadn't followed a £250k on the table game, I might have been impressed by the reasonable gamble today but in a way, there was part of me that was hoping there wasn't a big amount on the table today (probably because the £15k at 8-box was a very decent offer - Noel's statement at 6-box that if the next box wasn't £250k, the next offer would be huge was false - the £50k in the next box would have been a stick probably). Not because of the player, just that an OHO power 5 win after yesterday's game might start a run of gambling players.

This. Absolutely this.

£10k was an ideal result. He goes home with a decent sum of money after some decisions that were not exactly unreasonable - I had all of the last three offers down as marginal Deals - and the rest of the week's players are under significantly less pressure to play on than they otherwise would have been.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 22/08 Rich

The banker is sticking steadfast to Rob's game being the new record on Twitter (which isn't the medium to give a detailed argument about the inconsistencies of proveouts).

Brony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:47 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: 22/08 Rich

What a great gamble! :-D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 22/08 Rich

It was definitely worth the gamble, especially from his words saying if the other amount was anything less than £10,000 he wouldn't have gambled...

Which proves only one thing - the £15,000 maybe WAS enough but he thought there might have been another offer in the game, which turned out to be true.

So with everything that happened, £10,000 is a fair yet unlucky result :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]