Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:07 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:07 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:46 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Warnings: 0
Are these shows not on 4OD?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:09 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

James1978 wrote:

Doesn't look like it although sometimes 4OD are slow in putting episodes online.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:01 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Global Moderator

It's Vera's game today! That was a bit of a surprise, IMO.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

unclekevo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:02 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

I loved Vera but her game was heartbreaking.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Administrator & Global Moderator

Actually I think these shows are labelled as "Hall of Fame", rather than "Noel's Hall of Fame". So I'll let him off for not showing up at the start. :lol:

Vera's original game thread from 03/04/11 is available here - http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21635

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:14 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

A game on which I was guest commentator. So I can re-read my commentary along again and spot any mistakes I made. :lol:

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Simon F wrote:
James1978 wrote:

Doesn't look like it although sometimes 4OD are slow in putting episodes online.

E-mailed Channel 4 today and got this reply

Quote:
Thank you for your email regarding DEAL OR NO DEAL on 4oD.

The episodes currently being broadcast on Channel 4 are repeats of their original transmission on Channel 4 from earlier in the year. 4oD must acquire very specific rights for online viewing and in most cases we only hold the rights to show an episode on 4oD for up to 30 days after the original broadcast date; this is especially true of US series.

These episodes may become available again at a later date, if we acquire the rights to them again.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

I remember watching the HoF shows last year but of course, that was when the More 4 repeat was still on the same evening so I probably never bothered to watch on 4OD. Guess it might be a case of putting my Sky+ box to use.

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:28 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

It'll be a shame if the HOF episodes aren't available on 4oD (they did have them on there last year :ponder: ). I got to see the More4 repeat of Dale's game but think I'm probably not going to be able to see any more this week. :(

The look on Dale's parents' faces when he turned down the £26k! Just as well he won the £100k really, that would have made for an interesting trip home if he hadn't... They might have taken him up a mountain themselves and left him there! :bluelol

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:50 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Gonna have to set the video before work everyday then. I want to have Tomas' game for my archive if nothing else! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:00 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Global Moderator

Oh, it's Jonny's game! Didn't expect that!

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:03 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Was not expecting Jonny's game.

I assume this is here based on the whole "changing your mind" thing at the time that he caused.

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:07 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Actually it's a bit weird to think that 2 of those people on the wings there ends up in the 1p club.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:09 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Jonny's original game thread from 14/06/11 is available here - http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22013

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:13 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Three very good choices so far this week! Dale's was a no brainer for 100,000 reasons...Vera's was too, even if it was because she went home bark.

Jonny's was simply cruel. If he kept with Daryll he'd have found £5,000 and still got the £17,000 offer which he'd almost certainly have dealt. Unlucky game :(

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:53 am    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

I liked a twitter suggestion where they should do "Banker's Hall of Fame" and we get to watch car crashes for a month :D

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:29 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Well personally, I prefer to take the month off, much as I love the show. Interesting choices this week so far, only Dale's is part of my DVD collection, but I can see the reasoning behind the other two, and all these players went to the end, will that trend continue...?

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:50 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

What I'm intrigued about is what would've happened if a contestant had been unavailable to film the intro for their repeat. Would they have got a crew member to do it, or would they have just chosen a different show to repeat? I can't imagine them not showing Dale's (for example) if he he'd been unavailable for the intro, though...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
International Forums Moderator

StatsMan wrote:
Well personally, I prefer to take the month off, much as I love the show. Interesting choices this week so far, only Dale's is part of my DVD collection, but I can see the reasoning behind the other two, and all these players went to the end, will that trend continue...?

I'd be shocked if it doesn't. Am pleasantly surprised they did show two players whose gambles went wrong... that's about half the number I expected for the whole month...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:00 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Global Moderator

Ah, it's Archie's game! A superb choice! Great chap, very funny!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:01 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Here's Archie's game commentary from 14/03/11 - http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21531

[ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]