Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Little_Banker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:26 am    Author: Little_Banker    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Warnings: 0
I would love to see Dale's game again, when he had the 100k and £250 at the end and went for it, that was an amzing game IMO

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 am    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Little_Banker wrote:
I would love to see Dale's game again, when he had the 100k and £250 at the end and went for it, that was an amzing game IMO

Agreed and it wasnt setup as a feelgood or forced finish. I seem to recall his 8 or 5 box offer was a bit low though which pushed him to no deal. If he had won the blue though, i think it would have gone down in the annals of dond history and quickly forgotton.

mallard2007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:27 pm    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Just spotted on Twitter that Jacky's show will be included (odd seeing as hers was only shown a couple of weeks ago).

Also Bojangles hinted that £100k Sam's would be in it, although hers was a dead cert anyway really due to the big win.

Will be interesting to see how they do the intros with ex-contestants. Will Noel be there I wonder?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
International Forums Moderator

Presumably Jacky's will be late in the month, maybe even the last one to be shown.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Administrator & Global Moderator

She just posted on Twitter saying "see you next week", so I guess hers is being repeated quite soon...

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

I wouldn't even have expected hers to be repeated at all - it was an eight-box Deal! :D

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:36 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Ooh awesome, completely off topic but are there any active users here who make sigs like the ones some people have saying like 23rd Member of Pat M Club because I'd love to have one 1st Member of the Jacky Fan Club :-D

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:53 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

I agree with most on here. Wouldn't want to watch Rob's game again at all! I think it'll get switched over if it comes on. Dale's will be good and I actually haven't seen the new quarter of a millionaire's game at all as I was going through a phase of not watching the show. There have been a few good ones this year, but hopefully they will possibly reedit some older games so as not to be confined with this year's games alone?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Or, more probably, use another special game that couldn't previously be used, due to lasting an hour. Lauren's festive-themed £100k twist win would fit - perhaps as a prelude to Suzanne's (it was the closest anyone had previously come to the dream finish in live play).

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

paulyc wrote:
I agree with most on here. Wouldn't want to watch Rob's game again at all! I think it'll get switched over if it comes on. Dale's will be good and I actually haven't seen the new quarter of a millionaire's game at all as I was going through a phase of not watching the show. There have been a few good ones this year, but hopefully they will possibly reedit some older games so as not to be confined with this year's games alone?

Unfortunately not according to the TV Guide which says Noel looks back at 20 classic games from 2011.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:59 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Global Moderator

Looks like we have Dale as the first HoF show!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:00 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Ooh Dale's game, expected this tbh.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:00 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Today's Hall of Fame show is...

DALE (26/01/2011).

Read the commentary for his game here - http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21280

Dale does the intro at the start, and then introduces his game. Looks like Noel's not involved!

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:13 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Some familiar faces in this one. The newbie I think was the one who did that weird and annoying bluesy bluesy thing. And then there was Derrick. I cant remember how he got on but he was quite a character. Perhaps he'll be up in the hall of fame. :smt023

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:19 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Incidentally, seeing as they're only going to be repeating shows from 2011 so far, I'd imagine that most contestants from the last 7 months will appear at least once as a box-opener during the repeats!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Global Moderator

And we have a little closing interview with Dale as well.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

DVDfever

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:47 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

h2005 wrote:
unclekevo wrote:
Surely they haven't increased filming by 15 minutes, surely all games are cut down so they could just add in stuff that was cut out in 45 min games to pad it out to an hour?

I don't think they'd mess about with the 45-min games to pad them out to fit the 1-hour slot, especially as they'd also have to edit in an extra advert break.

When did they change to an hour? I've only been watching regularly since November last year and would much rather have some games I haven't seen before, such as both of the £250k winners I haven't seen previously. All of these are far too fresh in the memory.

I wasn't a big fan of Dale. He just seemed on the rather arrogant side. On the plus side, today's game did feature the lovely Dolly :smt023

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

DVDfever wrote:
When did they change to an hour?

It was the very first show of this year that they permanently changed, although there have been a handful of one-off hour-long shows over the years.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:37 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

I was wondering but do you think they would consider putting the shows back to 45 minutes from next year once they resume filming again from next month.

DVDfever

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:28 pm    Author: DVDfever    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Michael DeVere wrote:
I was wondering but do you think they would consider putting the shows back to 45 minutes from next year once they resume filming again from next month.

Not a chance. Finding extra content to fill the schedule costs money. In these harsh economic times, it's easier to fill the void with longer waffle at the start and lots of hugging and kissing to pad it out.

Noel: "Never, never known a period... like it" - DOND 20.1.11

http://bit.ly/DomSez39 - Carry on Deal Or No Deal - a 2-minute mash-up
http://youtube.com/DomSezXL - DomSez on Youtube
http://facebook.com/domrobinson - My Facebook page
http://twitter.com/domrobinson - My Twitter page

[ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]