Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:55 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:55 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny

Warnings: 0
Now he has! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:21 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny

He should count himself very lucky that round worked out for him

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:21 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny

They'll do a pitch invasion for anything these days. Good game though - lots of though decisions leading to the next one there. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:21 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny
Administrator & Global Moderator

All the others rush over to congratulate Vinny...

Box 14 with Sharleen contains the £50,000

Noel says this is an official banker spanking, and we had the pitch invasion as there have been some horrible games lately.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:24 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny

Mark wrote:
He should count himself very lucky that round worked out for him

He'd have had to have kept 2 of the big amounts (30% chance) to get a better offer at 2-box (presuming £75k/1k wouldn't have been more).

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:24 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny

KP wrote:
Well that is a surprise. With that configuration I thought he would turn down anything. As it is, ironically it is the eight-box call you have to question.

I think that too - but I guess it was more glaringly obvious at the point he dealt that the board could be destroyed in one go (or he'd have to no-deal on all or peanuts to get more)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:27 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny
Global Moderator

Good game to finish off the regular games of this season. Deal was maybe a tad cautious with three higher, but you can't argue with a much needed Spanking!

Roll on Summer Specials week!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:37 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny

Even with 3 of the Power 5 intact, I think £26,800 was far too risky to decline. The odds of taking out one of them in the first box was 60%.

A really good game to finish off the regulars of Series 6. So far, this is undoubtedly the game of the month! :D

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:41 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny
Global Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
So far, this is undoubtedly the game of the month! :D

Er, I'd say Micole would be Game of the Month so far. But this was a good one too, and you're entitled to think otherwise. ;)

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

DanS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:42 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny

I was going to lambast that pitch invasion but Noel convinced me that it was alright this time. It hasn't been a great week at all, so I do infact understand why the contestants are enthusiastic.

Well played Vinny.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:47 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny

hogwild94 wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:
So far, this is undoubtedly the game of the month! :D

Er, I'd say Micole would be Game of the Month so far. But this was a good one too, and you're entitled to think otherwise. ;)

Oh, forgot about £71k Micole! :P

Fan of classic rock and metal

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:41 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny

Yeah either Micole or Vinny...probably Micole not just because it's the bigger of the two wins but because of the atmosphere that was generated in the studio for it! That last round was falling apart until the final box and...OK I'll shut up :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

DanS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:49 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny

I think I'm still voting for Fred as game of the month personally. That was hilarious and tantalising in equal measure. ;)

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny
International Forums Moderator

Not bad to have three games that good in a month eh?

This game had some real surprise value in the decisions, a great result, and I have long insisted that if we have pitch invasions for mid-red OPWs from the box, we ought to have them for big-money OPWs from a Deal, otherwise it just reeks of making the Wakeyist games look better...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:24 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 24/07 Vinny

Great game. I can certainly see how that 5 box configeration would have lured most people on, i would have found it hard to resist myself, but Vinny clearly made the correct decision on this occassion, and for me that's the best way to play the game. By doing what your gut tells you.

Nice way to end the season proper, looking forward to the School's out specials now

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]