Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:42 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Warnings: 0
KP wrote:
I think that was a textbook example of playing "just one more", then doing it again. Known phenomenon, identified formally in studies of 26-case versions.

[b]He did not look comfortable in those decisions to me...[/b]

Although perhaps he was mentally prepared to play to 2 box and did not expect those extra offers in the 1st place?!

He might have been putting it on a bit but it's hard to tell.

Interestingly if it wasn't for the extra offers he might have left box 13 to the end with £500 in it and only ended up with an offer of about 35K and taken it.

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George
International Forums Moderator

That's a good point - not incompatible with my theory either. The shock value of the four-box and three-box offers caught him off guard and he turned them down without necessarily realising the risks involved, because he had "resigned" himself to being left with a two-box dilemma?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:23 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George
Global Moderator

Very well played there, and some very good bravery. I liked George, and he did very well to get what he did.

Surely, though, it has to be Yvonne's turn tomorrow?! She's been there for ages!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George
Administrator & Global Moderator

Thank you KP for doing the commentary today.

It's cfd doing it tomorrow, so fingers crossed it'll be a £250,000 win again. ;)

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:07 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Yeah right ;)

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:16 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Superb game. George was a great asset to the wings and that game was well deserved.

Fantastic opening round, after which admittedly his luck did seem to desert him for a while, I had a horrible feeling we were heading for a rerun of Dom's game, but he managed to claw it back in the latter stages.
Either one of those impromptu offers at 4 & 3 box would have had me out of the chair and whatever George's reasoning for turning those down I don't think anyone can begrudge him taking that final offer*, especially as it was bang on the average

The moment that stands out for me in that game though is at the end of that nerve-wracking 4th round where it looked like he might just take out the top three, the way George clung to Danni, not even able to watch the third box being opened. Of course the two of them have been wingmates for the past 3 weeks and the look in both their eyes said so much about how tight some of the friendships must be on this show.

*but of course hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it Mark? :D

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:31 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

Yes, George had provided some good advice on the wings, I really liked him and wanted his game to go well, but didn't imagine it would go that well! :D

Like others, I was bemused about his comment that he 'wasn't a gambler', when he'd taken questionable risks to get to the mega deal, and also anyone that says that on a show that requires some form of gambling (unless you take the first offer! :P ) just makes me laugh anyway!

Anyway, really likeable, engaging contestant and a good board to boot! We are getting exciting games at the moment (some may argue for the wrong reasons but still...), and seems he didn't pay much attention to Noel's intro... :lol:

P.S Deal-Eye tomorrow...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

James1978

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:37 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

I wonder if there was anything more than friendship going between George and Danni? (It looked to me at one point as if he was looking down her top). ;-)

Certainly getting to stand between her and Zoleika is a massive bonus, not to mention 60 grand to boot! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:54 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George
Global Moderator

James1978 wrote:
I wonder if there was anything more than friendship going between George and Danni? (It looked to me at one point as if he was looking down her top). ;-)

Are you alleging something? We'll have to wait until Danni's game to see if she's already taken! :lol:

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:22 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 30/05 George

I think there was a certain closeness between them,though it could easily be just a strong platonic friendship - they are the same age after all and have spent the past 3 weeks side by side on the west wing though some very intense games. I certainly got the impression they had bonded but not neccessarily in a romantic way.

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]