Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:21 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

Warnings: 0
Well, talk about getting that wrong...that went right for him! :shock:

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:21 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

Wow, well done for getting out of a game severely on the turn Harry!!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:21 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel congratulates Harry for getting out at the right moment, and he says it can take courage to take the prudent route.

Banker's offer would've been:

£750

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry
International Forums Moderator

cfd wrote:
lol Noel still managers to get the holiday sponorship spiel in there :)

Having hardly watched TV this year: are there product placement information screens before this show? Have they bothered with them on any show, come to that?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:21 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

h2005 wrote:

9 - ?????? - £50,000

Banker time

It was Irene.

And the twist would have been my downfall today.

cfd

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:22 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

KP wrote:
cfd wrote:

Having hardly watched TV this year: are there product placement information screens before this show? Have they bothered with them on any show, come to that?

Not seen one. But I don't think they need them for this. It's sponsorship rather than product placement.

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

If Harry had dealt the third offer for an OPW in the circumstances Noel would probably have cried for a second game in a row.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

Round 6 - proveout

21 - Becks - £1

20 - Annette - £3,000

22 - Rob - £10

Banker time with £250 and £5,000 remaining...

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

Banker's offer would've been:

£1,400

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:23 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

KP wrote:
cfd wrote:

Not on DOND but they were giving icelolly name checks before the product placement rules came into place.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:24 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

Harry has £250 in his box 1.

Box 16 with Ron contains the £5,000

Harry says he feels ecstatic about that, and says it'll get him to Australia.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:26 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

It's been a quite an eventful week, to say the least :)

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:27 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

Box 20 with the £3,000 was Annette, h.

Just the game I'd have liked to see actually, Craig and Wayne's games following Laura and Alice respectively were both a bit extreme, this was a good advertisement for relative caution, I thought a lot of players would have gone striaght to the scene of the trainwreck after that.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:28 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry
Global Moderator

'Twas never gonna be easy to follow on from Suzanne, but Harry did a very good job of it! Well done Harry mate! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:29 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

Thanks to those who filled in the name gaps at the end there. I didn't hear their names and couldn't read the badges as their hair was covering them. Plus the badges have been fairly illegible all week.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:31 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

KP wrote:
cfd wrote:

This Morning was the first with a coffee machine - http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... 2415942535

And Channel 4 have got a deal with New Look for its T4 segment - http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/ma ... t-new-look

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

James1978 wrote:
Just the game I'd have liked to see actually, Craig and Wayne's games following Laura and Alice respectively were both a bit extreme, this was a good advertisement for relative caution, I thought a lot of players would have gone striaght to the scene of the trainwreck after that.

Definitely in context.

But is that going to stop a run of aggression? Craig's game might have done, but didn't; Wayne's might have triggered a run, but didn't; the next week will be interesting, especially as we're back to regular gameplay...

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:33 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

Probably THE best birthday week ever I would say, capped off by some spankings and a 3rd quarter millionaire on Friday

Ok it was a slow start with Wilf going as early as he did, but boy were we in for a treat later in the week with Suzanne probably breaking most of the DOND records in the space of an hour

Compliments to Noel and the crew on a really exciting and profitable week as we head back to normal from tomorrow

Should be a very interesting last few weeks as we head towards the summer break

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

DanS

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:50 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

I feel a tad sorry for Harry to be fair. He was pretty much in Suzanne's shadow all game, considering how many times Noel brought up Suzanne and her game, even trying to make a parallel or two in the game. To be expected of course considering the delirium after friday's game. Still felt sorry for him though.

Still a good game however. Got out at a good time at a point where many others I suspect would probably have crashed to a blue result. So well done Harry for that!

Ah, it's good to be back in the mood for this show again. :-D

travis P

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:56 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 15/05 Harry

KP wrote:
cfd wrote:

I have only seen one show that actually used the Product Placement logo and that was Sky 1's A League of Their Own.

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]