Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:36 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:36 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:44 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
BankerSpanker wrote:
So the Banker said he would offer whatever target was written in the book. What if I wrote £250,000? :lol:

I wondered a similar thing, but I don't think the banker has to stick to his word, so he would've been within his rights to offer anything he wanted in that case!

KP wrote:
Is it just me who thinks the five-box no-hypothetical was designed to ensure that a proveout spin could be written after the game's end? So if there was less in the box, they could push the "bravery" angle by asserting an inflated hypo lie?

I assume it was to make sure people stay tuned to the end; they probably recognised today's game would've felt a bit flat after the excitement of the last few games.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:03 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi

h2005 wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:
So the Banker said he would offer whatever target was written in the book. What if I wrote £250,000? :lol:

I wondered a similar thing, but I don't think the banker has to stick to his word, so he would've been within his rights to offer anything he wanted in that case!
Too right. Weasel words would have got him out of that, or else Noel for all his claims of neutrality would have dropped a big hint by some means to the production staff. As I've said before. Rules? What rules?

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:21 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi

Looks like it's a good thing I was called away during that second break...

BankerSpanker wrote:
And that £12k was appalling at 35% of the average.

Have to disagree with you there BankerSpanker.

When Al was offered the same amount at the same stage on a similarly dangerous board, it was only 33% of the average... and quite a few would have taken it, too... ;) ;)

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:02 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi

BankerSpanker wrote:

Then he'd have offered £250,000. Simple as that.

However, it was incredibly unlikely that Fi had written £250,000. My feeling is that the Banker thought she'd written an amount around £20k in the book, and revised that figure downwards after she dealt the £12k.

KP wrote:
Is it just me who thinks the five-box no-hypothetical was designed to ensure that a proveout spin could be written after the game's end? So if there was less in the box, they could push the "bravery" angle by asserting an inflated hypo lie?

I don't understand what you're saying here. Fi had written £9500 in the book. The 5-box offer was therefore £9500, no matter when that figure was revealed to the viewers. They couldn't inflate the amount post box-opening because it had already been set before she'd even dealt.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:26 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi

That book that's on the pound table, does anyone know how many books they've used? Surely it's still not the same one for all these years. :ponder:

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:36 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi

Not the most memorable game of the week but Fi was a lively likeable player and i for one enjoyed the 'mystery offer' twist. Certainly she had me convinced her target was higher than it was. I was thinking she'd written about £18k.

And the amazing part is that actually shifted the game from a supposed premature game to a surprise spanking :smt023 That is a result in itself after the last few games

Whether the Banker genuinely had her sussed we are never going to know for certain, but has anyone actually gone back and watched Fi's reaction to the second offer again? To see if that glint really does appear in her eye?

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Whether the Banker genuinely had her sussed we are never going to know for certain, but has anyone actually gone back and watched Fi's reaction to the second offer again? To see if that glint really does appear in her eye?

:ponder:

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi
Administrator & Global Moderator

You need to blow the image up to see what the banker saw.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:03 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi

h2005 wrote:
You need to blow the image up to see what the banker saw.

:smt046

He was right, dammit

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:12 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
And the amazing part is that actually shifted the game from a supposed premature game to a surprise spanking :smt023 That is a result in itself after the last few games

It wasn't a spanking as she had £20k in her box but an interesting game nonetheless. I was thinking her target was around £20k in which case it makes a tough decision because £20k on a £250k/£20k/low/low/low board would have been a little low but on a £250k/peanuts board it was generous.

In a way, it was a clever move by the banker. If the targer was low, it would be an easy deal for the player and if it was high, it could encourage them to take the 62.5% gamble of a big offer at 5-box.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:42 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi

Was he watching on an HD TV?

Fan of classic rock and metal

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:12 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi

Simon F wrote:
Moxx of Balhoom wrote:

It wasn't a spanking as she had £20k in her box but an interesting game nonetheless. I was thinking her target was around £20k in which case it makes a tough decision because £20k on a £250k/£20k/low/low/low board would have been a little low but on a £250k/peanuts board it was generous.

Of course you're right, I'd convinced myself the £3k was in Fi's box for some reason, Wishful thinking i suppose

Brick

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:50 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 06/05 Fi

I don't blame Fi for dealing the £12k, although the argument for going on was there too - you've basically got to miss the £250k in the next 3 boxes for a better offer, but if you do find it, you may be pushed to the end.

At least with the £20k in the box we can call it a small-scale banker victory, rather than debate over whether it was really a 'banker spanking' with the 5th offer gimmick...

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]