Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy

Warnings: 0
norwichdonder wrote:
That round had a sting in the tail for the banker! :x

Jeepers H Crackers, how many times do I have to say this?

That £22k was not a bad offer at all!!! :roll: ;)

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy

isn't someone predicting a £250k winner this month?

James1978

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy

Why couldn't he have picked the round 6 boxes in the 5th round? Still who cares, he sold a blue for 22 grand.

Norwich, are you the banker's slave or something? You always seem delighted no matter who the contestant is if they either win a blue or deal too early. Don't you actually want anyone to do well?? :?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy

h2005 wrote:
Noel says the £250,000 has not been on the table for a long time.

Wasn't Fran the last contestant to bring it to the table?

And we all know how her game turned out... ;)

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy
Administrator & Global Moderator

norwichdonder wrote:
isn't someone predicting a £250k winner this month?

I think killersbee is predicting a £13,500 win on 23rd June 2012.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:13 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy

Very funny :unsure

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy
International Forums Moderator

Interesting game, and the technical draw is a fair result from a game which took "too soon, but better than too late" near enough to its logical conclusion.

Not as frustrating as the snooker anyway (though I missed both, as I was browsing for bicycles).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:08 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy
Global Moderator

RMF1254 wrote:
Wasn't Fran the last contestant to bring it to the table?

'Twas Chris from a couple of weeks later actually. ;)

I really liked Roy, and I can't blame him for dealing. Just a shame that massive crash round came one round too late.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:00 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy

hogwild94 wrote:
'Twas Chris from a couple of weeks later actually. ;)

Ah, of course. Cheers Jack. :smt023

That was only 33 games ago, though - the £250k has had much longer periods away from the table...

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy

I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between a player who claims they have a large amount on the table from the start and Roy's claim (which had a 11/21 chance of being true) and why Noel said it was brave - had the first box been £1k, I doubt he would have put so much emphesis on it.

Can't blame the deal given that the banker said that any of the 3 big reds going would mean a less generous offer, just shame that the only red that went was the lowest one.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:13 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy

Kudos to Roy for a very original psychological gambit 'Whatever colour i find inside the first box i open my box contains the same'. Total BS of course but he delivered it with such a poker face. Could have made things difficult for himself if that first box had been a blue.

Ultimately the 8 box deal was arguable either way and having dealt it's a shame the proveout didn't go his way. And nobody is expressing doubt over the sincerity of the proveout offer today? Makes a change

Brick

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:03 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy

Wasn't sure what to make of the £44k proveout offer today - if it had been lower in live play it may not have been that much lower. Would probably depend on how much determination would come across with no-dealing the £22k.

Roy's deal was perhaps cautious, but also understandable - he was just as likely to take 2 reds as 2 blues in round 5, and even if it was the £15k and £35k that went, the offer wouldn't have gone up much. Plus the 1p and 10p were still in play, and by no-dealing £22k you've basically got to find at least one of them in the next 3 boxes or the next offer is likely to be dragged down.

Last edited by Brick on Tue May 03, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:54 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy

That £22k was a very tough decision to make. With the board being 50-50 it could go either way. I don't think £44k was too inflated.

Fan of classic rock and metal

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:24 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 02/05 Roy

James1978 wrote:
Norwich, are you the banker's slave or something??

I don't see anything wrong with playing on the side of the banker. It is just a parlour game of luck at the end of the day. At least once play the game as if its your pot of cash you are giving out with the aim of giving the least possible - I dare you.

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]