Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:11 am Last visit was: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:11 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
The banker says Gordon has been an opponent and he's enjoyed it.

Banker's offer:

SWAP

Gordon says

NO SWAP

Profile E-mail  

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

Yeah! :D

£10k would be a very tidy amount from a game of this sort...

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

Gordon wins £750 from his box 18.

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

Box 20 with Andrea contains the £10,000

Gordon says he can buy some shoes with that! He says he's had a cracking time on the show.

Profile E-mail  

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!! :evil: :evil: :( :(

Well, I'd say that was another no-deal decision that was wrong but not bad...

Profile E-mail  

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:02 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon
Global Moderator

Once again, bravery is not rewarded. :smt009 Good on Gordon for taking it so well.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:15 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

Two badly timed deals later, we get a gambler and he gets a blue! It's so predictable! :roll:

dond2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:19 pm    Author: dond2005    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

it would have been good if gordan won a good amount of money he was such a character in the show.P.S why is there no easter special this year

Profile E-mail  

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:30 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

dond2005 wrote:
P.S why is there no easter special this year

This was discussed in the thread for Hugo's game:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21710&start=60

My guess is that it's down to budget constraints.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:22 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

An enjoyable game - Noel seems to have a dressing up fetish this week. Loved the remark the banker made about how his life would be more difficult if everyone played the game mathematically. Loved the fact Gordon seemed to have no system, no lucky numbers - just played it as a game of luck should be - sadly the luck deserted him when he took 2 calculated gambles at 5-box and 2-box.

BTW - how funny was his girlfriend's hairstyle??

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:10 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

Simon F wrote:

So I wasn't the only one who noticed then! :lol: ;)

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:35 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

Nothing wrong with the way Gordon played the game, but the luck wasn't with him.

I'm not 100% convinced he was the sort of player who would have gone to the end no matter what, but the way his game played out it was definately worth the punt

Slightly embarrassed to admit this but i have a bit of a phobia about non-symetrical hairstyles, i could hardly look at his girlfriend

maggieq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:48 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

RMF1254 wrote:
Simon F wrote:

So I wasn't the only one who noticed then! :lol: ;)

l've been wondering now for days why Gordon had nail varnish on,l thought he was some kind of weirdo.
sorry it didnt work out for him.

yabbaguy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:51 am    Author: yabbaguy    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

This is how people should be thinking through 5-box analyses. It's one of the easiest bit of statistics about this game, and it's really not that hard to do what Gordon did. Noel got blown away by it, but it's hardly tough, just analyze how likely it is that your offer goes up/down by a lot/by a little and you're there.

It's dodgy with only two over the offer, I must say, but I would've said No Deal as well with £10K being so close. Even in the 30% scenario where Gordon kicks both £20K and £50K, if £10K doesn't fall with it, he can gamble and chase the money. I'd gladly play 2-box "chase the money". No shame in that.

I saw so much of myself in Gordon then. Minus the good fashion sense, I've got none of that, but he's got such a great personality, and I really was gutted when Noel flipped the lid on the blue.

Profile E-mail  

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:30 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 22/04 Gordon

Apart from the end result this was a very enjoyable show. The banter between Noel & Gordon was great and there was quite a few amusing moments throughout, especially the argument Noel & Gordon had. :lol:

Noel dressing up as Gordon was surprisingly uncanny to the real Gordon, except, as the Banker pointed out, Noel's t-shirt wasn't quite short enough, but i'm sure everyone will agree that no one wanted to see Noel's "crinkly bottom" anyway...(sorry :oops: ).

Profile E-mail  
 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]