Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:43 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:43 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Cazzie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:03 pm    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Awwww Becca...that was a highly entertaining game... wanted you to win more but that's the way it seems to go in this game...... :cry:

I wouldn't have swapped :oops: so pleased that you did though... obviously now!! :-D

Enjoy your winnings babe :-D

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I stopped liking her so much when she bought her mum down - that just seemed to betray a huge lack of confidence. Otherwise not too bad a player, horrible turn of luck and it was quite ironic it was triggered by Mum's selection.

Was hoping for her to get the £1,000 at the end, not least because having 50p in the box would certainly have explained those offers if you believe the conspiracists - £14,500 'inflated' at that point? Only in relation to the previous offer and the loss of the £75,000 after it, in terms of what was there that was a sensible offer.

(And I'd also have turned down £20,000 with fair certainty, as there was enough in reserve if the £250,000 went.)

muttleee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:08 pm    Author: muttleee    Post subject:

Interesting that her mother picked the box that did all the damage. I don't think I would ever want to pick a box on anyone else's behalf for precisely that reason. Not that I am ever likely to be in that position of course...

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:09 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I would argue box 14 did all the damage as that was the last life changing sum of money on the board in that box.

dimo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:13 pm    Author: dimo    Post subject:

daaamn i fancy the pants off of that girl

muttleee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:17 pm    Author: muttleee    Post subject:

KP wrote:
I stopped liking her so much when she bought her mum down - that just seemed to betray a huge lack of confidence.

How can you have 'confidence' when picking a series of random numbers? :? It's not as if there's any skill in it.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Well, indeed, it doesn't have an effect, but it was something for the Banker to feed upon, not that he needed it with the turn in the board. And I just felt she was scared and wanted to absolve herself of responsibility - even though the whole concept of that is ludicrous, I still felt it as something to count against her.

Still, she was very good fun early in the show, and was unlucky when it mattered.

dimo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:55 pm    Author: dimo    Post subject:

You gotta admit though, she's realllly pretty. If i was the banker, I would have offered her mroe, just for her prettyness. Then again, that contradicts the whole point of the game.

dimo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:55 pm    Author: dimo    Post subject:

Bah, I rate her.

Ian W

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:00 pm    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

poor becca

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:02 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Sassy Steph wrote:
muttleee wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
And Richard, if youve had the £250,000 once, your not likely to have it again consecutively. Idiot.

Why not?

indeed why not? didn't the big guy on the end have it Tuesday and Wednesday for Drew and Suzannes games? Also, seeing it from the studios - it is possible trust me!

If you had it yesterday, it doesn't make you more or less likely to have it today! The opposing systems of "Mally Logic" and "Black Widow Theory" both have no statistical correctness but still influence many a player's selections or feelings about their own box.

Well played Becca anyway - she played it very bravely and deserved to walk away with at least something of value.

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:15 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
Sorry for the delay folks in completing the episode commentary. The DonD forum seemed to have collapsed again, just as things were getting interesting at 5pm and I couldn't get back on to complete it !! :-D

Old news, but Becca took the swap.

A good move - since it had the £1000 in it. :D

She gave away the 50p. :D

At least it is a meaningful amount of cash. A decent holiday. A bit off the credit card bills. Plenty of people have gone with less.

Kestral didn't say who won the viewers contest. Desmond Totley in London won £500.

Noel finished by talking up the weekend shows. The World Cup is almost here. All will be revealed tomorrow he says. :D

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:37 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

:( Aw, I was really hoping Becca would win a decent amount - she seemed like such a great girl.

wakey1512

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:14 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
Sassy Steph wrote:
muttleee wrote:
wakey1512 wrote:
And Richard, if youve had the £250,000 once, your not likely to have it again consecutively. Idiot.

Why not?

indeed why not? didn't the big guy on the end have it Tuesday and Wednesday for Drew and Suzannes games? Also, seeing it from the studios - it is possible trust me!

If you had it yesterday, it doesn't make you more or less likely to have it today! The opposing systems of "Mally Logic" and "Black Widow Theory" both have no statistical correctness but still influence many a player's selections or feelings about their own box.

Well played Becca anyway - she played it very bravely and deserved to walk away with at least something of value.

No, its just like having the £250,000 on the table twice in a row. Its highly unlikely that out of all the values it could be, £250,000 is in there. Especially if youve had it the show before. And it was proved codswallop, when he only had £35,000.

Its a 1/22 chance. So the chance of him having the £250,000 in his box are 1/22 but since he had it yesturday, the odds are greater. The chance of him having a red are 11/22. Yes, Scott did it, but its unlikely something like that would happen again.

So the odds are indeed against him having the £250,000 again. By quite a lot.

My dislike club: The number 3

golden_touch19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:19 pm    Author: golden_touch19    Post subject:

Erm, hate to remind people of this but how many times did Dave W have the 250k in how many shows? I can't remember myself but it was something like 5 times in 10 shows - I distinctly remember James saying "The only reason I picked you was because the odds were SO stacked against you having it again!"

At the end of the day, regardless of probability, each day is a clean slate and if you pick the 250k, then you pick the 250k.

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:22 pm    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

Even if you've had the £250,000 every day for a week, the odds are still 22-1 that you'll have it in your box on a particular day.

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:27 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

golden_touch19 wrote:
Erm, hate to remind people of this but how many times did Dave W have the 250k in how many shows? I can't remember myself but it was something like 5 times in 10 shows - I distinctly remember James saying "The only reason I picked you was because the odds were SO stacked against you having it again!"

At the end of the day, regardless of probability, each day is a clean slate and if you pick the 250k, then you pick the 250k.

4 times in the space of 9 shows.

golden_touch19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:33 pm    Author: golden_touch19    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
golden_touch19 wrote:

4 times in the space of 9 shows.

Thanks.

Plus, how did we suddenly merge Richard and Scott - we started talking about Richard and finished with Scott! It's perfectly feasible that Richard should've had the 250k today, Scott was the one who had it twice!

Ian W

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:51 pm    Author: Ian W    Post subject:

Was it a good show I won't see it until tomorrow

maggie que

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:03 pm    Author: maggie que    Post subject:

:smt031 pity becca's show didnt end with a huge sum of dosh.it could have been worse.at least she had a good time while she was on dond.
your a natural babe!

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]