Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:59 pm Last visit was: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:59 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:20 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Jack

Warnings: 0
As if it would've been £82k. Laura was offered £45k.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Jack

BankerSpanker wrote:
As if it would've been £82k. Laura was offered £45k.

Remind me how many jackpot winners there had been before laura's game. Very little chance that the producers would try and manufacture another 6 figure win these days.

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:40 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Jack

Ugh, the return of Noel blathering on about "OHO". Mind you if memory serves, Jack's advice on the wings has mostly been quite cautious, so perhaps we shouldn't be surprised. The deal Jack took was perhaps cautious but also understandable on a 1-box game. The £82k proveout offer did seem inflated, when the highest offer had 'only' been £14k. I can't help but think the banker would have pitched it lower to make a gamble more debatable. Even something like £60k - which has been offered on that final 2 before - has potential for Noel to put some "rewarding bravery" spiel on it (with it being that much higher than the other offers).

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Jack

A good game, £14,000 was arguably a little low but in a one box game with a £247,000 drop if the big one goes it was a sensible deal.

£82,000 doesn't sound that incredulous to me, in fact given that we've twice now seen the Banker offer £88k on a 1p/ £250k finish you could argue it was too low. Of course the offers are pitched at the player not the board and Jack's reputation as a cautious player would suggest the Banker would hope to get him cheep, but I'm sure the Banker would argue that no-dealing at 5 box was an exceptional and unexpected act of bravery on his part...

Truth is we'll never know, not unless someone hacks into an alternate reality where Jack did No Deal £14k :lol:

maggieq

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:48 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Jack

:box: l liked Jack.l thought his deal was understandable concidering what he wanted the money for.a feel good game with plenty of laughs.Good Luck Jack,enjoy the dosh.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:35 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Jack

I'll just make a couple of observations.
In proveout he immediately wanted to take out box 4 which would have deprived us of an OBW. Glad to see Noel forced him to play on with honesty. More of that please Noel!

If he had played on (and of course playing huge hypothetical game here) its arguable that he would have swapped in the £250k as it was his special number. So who knows if by refusing the hypo swap giving us a feel good ending he would have actually in live play have won the £250k. However at least he was asked about the hypo swap before the final two boxes were opened so thats fine I suppose.

Profile E-mail  

paulyc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:27 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Jack

norwichdonder wrote:
In proveout he immediately wanted to take out box 4 which would have deprived us of an OBW. Glad to see Noel forced him to play on with honesty. More of that please Noel!

If he had played on (and of course playing huge hypothetical game here) its arguable that he would have swapped in the £250k as it was his special number. So who knows if by refusing the hypo swap giving us a feel good ending he would have actually in live play have won the £250k. However at least he was asked about the hypo swap before the final two boxes were opened so thats fine I suppose.

Much like Chris' game, in some ways he'll know himself what he would have truely done in live play and just because it may silence the critics, what will be eating him up more than anyone's comments will be the thought of what could have been if he had played on in honesty.

A bit of a curve ball this but If the jackpots in the players box, maybe deal should do what bullseye used to do and have a couple of blokes come out with the full 250K while Noel says take a look at what you could have won, then waves them away while he counts out the pittance they've made a deal for. :twisted: ;-)

Profile E-mail  

priceydav

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:25 pm    Author: priceydav    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Jack

The first offer of 900 quid was coz the producers are *beep* scared someone will go on the first offer. Time after time the contestants say they just want enough for blah blah blah, but turn down offers that would be enough. eg I just want enough to pay my fuel bill - but 5000 isn't enough. They were scared that Jack might take the first offer so made it so low as to be an insult, and spur him on.

Profile E-mail  

priceydav

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:34 pm    Author: priceydav    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Jack

By the way is anyone else peed off about the way Noel actively encourages people to take the offer, then remonstrates with them about their lack of courage when it proves to be a mistake. He should keep his opinions to himself and let the player decide. The whole program is so stage managed, I'm surprised nobody has thought about suing!

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:46 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Jack

norwichdonder wrote:

Not strictly true, Jack actually went for box 9 straight after the deal despite having admitted being nervous of it in live play (Jack and box 9 have something of a history) . Noel pulled him up on this and asked him which box he would have kept till the end - at which point he nominated Box 4. So there's every chance he would have kept it till the end even if Noel hadn't intervened

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]