Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:20 pm Last visit was: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:20 pm

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:30 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Paul

Warnings: 0
Caught the last part of this game earlier. Didn't think much of the 5 and 2-box offers but reading the commentary, seems the others weren't up to much either.

Reminded me of Mary's game from last September in many ways - the high amounts disappeared quickly but there was still some stability to the board, but the offers weren't reflected in that, and in the end the hardest decision in the whole game was whether or not to swap.

Overall then, a great result for Paul, although the journey there could be frustrating at times. First time we've seen a player go to the end and win a red in quite a while too, I think!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Paul
International Forums Moderator

I think we can say that the producers wanted that one to go to the end ;)

At least their attempt at a Big Wakey Finish cost them twenty grand, and Paul seems like he will really appreciate and utilise it!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:34 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Paul

It's about time! Well deserved OPW at last

Brick wrote:
First time we've seen a player go to the end and win a red in quite a while too, I think!

Indeed, the last time it happened was back at Dale's game

Kanga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:47 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Paul

Only the 5 box offer was a resonable escape. I'm glad like everyone else he was pushed to a banker spanking :box:

Profile E-mail  

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:01 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Paul

killersbee wrote:
It's about time! Well deserved OPW at last

Brick wrote:
First time we've seen a player go to the end and win a red in quite a while too, I think!

Indeed, the last time it happened was back at Dale's game

Checking back, it was IJ's just over a week later than him actually, but still a long time!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Paul
International Forums Moderator

And for IJ it was the £1k!

Well you can certainly see the explanation for why we got the offers we did today, long enough since a game like this that artificially encouraging one was likely to do more good than harm...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Paul

This might have felt a tiny bit better had the 2-box offer been a couple of thousand higher to give him a genuine decision but can't blame the producers for wanting to try and produce a feel-good red win.

I don't think the 5-box offer was that bad, not brilliant but if you'd have known that £10k/blue was only going to be £2k, it might have been worth dealing.

Good to see someone on the wings showing a great read of the board at 5-box.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:48 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Paul

Think Paul was forced to the end as much by the board as by the offers, the way he was taking out the big numbers there was very little incentive for the Banker to offer him sensible money so i wasn't entirely surprised by the offers.

Whether the production team goaded him into it or not however there's no denying that this was a hard won & well earned victory for the player, and given the struggle he had getting there i can't say i blame the wings for their celebrations. Interesting though, that he actually took less than Will did yesterday

JS Boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:51 am    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Paul

I thought that Paul was pushed on to a good feel good win. An obviously nice chap, so will be one for them to repeat in the summer - good job Paul knew how it all works :smt023

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Paul

Simon called it there - even I said I thought I might have taken that 5-box offer; it was a much improved one from 8-box and it wasn't particularly poor either!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  
 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]