Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:04 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:04 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Box 4 with Jack contains the £100,000

Will says he's gutted that he didn't go on, but he says £24,333 is amazing and will help significantly.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

You know what, it doesn't matter what he's got in his box. I still congratulate Will for getting some good money out of this game. £24,333 will probably go a long way for him.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

Will this torture of big money thrown away ever end?! :evil:

Even with the jackpot gone, there was still a chance to win huge and that deal was not a smart move

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:03 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

Well, me and Mark were right to feel that he should have gone on - even if that £24,333 was a good offer, and the next one would have been lower... :?

It's pretty clear he had much, if not all, of the things necessary for taking a chance and winning really big money. After all, as Mark pointed out, he kept saying he knew where the Power 3 were - and he was at least 66.67% right... :(

So this sticky period goes on... does anyone know what the record is for the most consecutive games without an OPW? :?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will
International Forums Moderator

That was a board which could easily have seen players go on and win huge in totally the wrong way - caught by the bottom right despite the instability at eight-box, then chasing the money at five!!

Looked set for a Banker's Gamble too, any situation with one and only one of the two big reds would have been perfect for it (£1k/£100k is probably the only such configuration on which I would risk £24,333, though).

Better game than I would have had, though. I would have taken out £100k in round one, £250k in round two, and swapped the £75k away for £1k (and opened it immediately post-swap if before the end). I would have had a £50k game by 14-box if my opening offer was SWAP!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:29 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

I'm sorry but given that following round, £24,333 was definitely a dealable offer! Just bad luck he couldn't have found the £100,000 in the last round to (probably) have got the deal right in terms of offers made...to have taken advantage of a strong 8-box and only lost to the Banker because one of the three larger ones at the time was on the table, having found the rest...that wouldn't have been too bad given whatever other amount was left (£1,000 or a blue) wouldn't have been worth the final gamble in most cases!

So that final round, and the highest offer made for that finish, really sours the overall gameplay sadly...but it was an alright game nevertheless! Unlucky, but still good!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

RMF1254 wrote:
So this sticky period goes on... does anyone know what the record is for the most consecutive games without an OPW? :?

Last I remember, it was for nearly 5 weeks straight!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:20 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

killersbee wrote:
RMF1254 wrote:

Last I remember, it was for nearly 5 weeks straight!

Can't remember but we're nowhere near that bad...Andre wasn't that far back!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:15 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

I could stick the knife in but I won't. I think given the weighing up of the offer he can be more than satisfied with the £24k if it helps him walk again. Plenty of folk on incapacity benefits have no such motivation to make any progress in their lives so I am happy for him. They should do a follow up with him in 4 years (assuming Dond is still with us)

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:34 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

Perhaps not surprisingly I think Will made the right decision there, that board was very precarious and without even a medium red to back up those big three it could have all gone horribly wrong. The truth is that under the circumstances £24k was a very good offer, with a different player and a less confident approach the Banker could easily have pitched the offer low in the hope of luring them into a trainwreck

Of course the real irony is not that Will had a big red in his box, but that if he'd kept either of his other two 'lucky' boxes rather than 4 he would have had a far kinder proveout (and possibly even the Banker's Gamble)

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:58 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

A classic game of a deal being 100% right for the player's circumstances if not 100% right statistically.

At 8-box, there was only an 18% chance of keeping the top 3 in play and he was more likely to hit one of the 3 (which he did) and there was no guarantee that the offer would rocket up even if it were the £75k (although it probably would have given the banker couldn't afford to lowball the offer).

As others have said, any other amount than the £100k in box 4 and it would have been a BG at 2-box.

Surprised given any young female contestant from Wales gets Noel mentioning Alice and Laura, that Dale's game wasn't mentioned today given the wheelchair and the cerebral palsy link.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:53 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

Simon F wrote:
Surprised given any young female contestant from Wales gets Noel mentioning Alice and Laura, that Dale's game wasn't mentioned today given the wheelchair and the cerebral palsy link.

That's because Noel's memory is selective. ;) ;) ;)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:33 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

You do realise both he and the Banker reads everything in this forum, don't you RMF?!?! :P Or do you forget the interrogation Noel and the Banker gave H when he played his game? :lol:

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:58 am    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

Big-Davey wrote:
You do realise both he and the Banker reads everything in this forum, don't you RMF?!?! :P Or do you forget the interrogation Noel and the Banker gave H when he played his game? :lol:

I say bring it on. I honestly doubt they sit down after every game and read each thread. They will have some intern lacky who reports back any interesting news but Noel has helicopters, mansions and pretty ladies to play with and the Banker has his piles to take care of (btw does Noel mention the Bankers 'piles' anymore?)

If any notes were been taken then I think I'd start the request list by saying; Official statto (to help Noels memory), always have hypo swaps if player has dealt at 8/5box and then ends up with blue/red finish, bring back Noels early Dond-speak :) .

In this game I was actually pleased that Noel forced Will to keep the special 3 boxes to the end. This way we ended up with the cruel but honest 100k/75k finish. If only Noel would occasionally ask them to preselect their final boxes. The only game I remember this been done recently was the lady who had selected *all* her box picks on the heights of players.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:31 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

Oh of course...everyone knows Endemol love to view this site for feedback :)

Plus, more to the point you made about Noel wanting Will to keep his numbers to the end, don't forget one thing Noel still loves about Deal is seeing all these systems and 'special numbers' and how games would honestly have turned out with them being used when they were supposed to :)

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:18 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

Simon F wrote:

Don't think Dale had appeared on screen yet when this was filmed.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:30 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

Brick wrote:

So Noel couldn't have known about Dale's game when Will's was recorded then.

I'm convinced by that argument.

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:59 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 04/04 Will

MisterAl wrote:
Brick wrote:

So Noel couldn't have known about Dale's game when Will's was recorded then.

I'm convinced by that argument.

OK, I could perhaps have phrased that better. I meant that because Dale hadn't been on screen by that point, the current crop of contestants wouldn't have been aware of him and what happened in his game, so Noel would have had to explain in more detail who he was referring to, rather than the more casual way he refers to Laura and Alice.

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]