Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:45 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:45 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:29 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

Warnings: 0
Well... am I the only one to see this show in full, having seen it unedited at the Dream Factory! :shock:

Well, I did quite enjoy that game, you couldn't knock Debbie's positivity in stark contrast to Fran's negativity on Friday. I really thought she was going to No Deal, but at the same time it was a justifiable decision for the board and an unlucky proveout this time - at least it wasn't the £100k straight after the £250k, though! :D

Amazing stats from the 4 games I saw on this visit:

Actual winnings: £45,021
Potential winnings: £389,000 :shock:

I am not bitter.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:48 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

StatsMan wrote:

Hmm see my post in the General forum about a 'system'. Maybe I added up the value of some of the final boxes... Which 4 games did you see?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie
International Forums Moderator

If you turned on this game at 4:30, you didn't actually miss much. The return of 45-minute episodes cannot come soon enough, even if it is only for four days.

With an hour (and a bit?) to pad this episode out, we get the usual: first offer high enough to be chased if the game goes wrong, nominal increase at the second offer despite an all-blue round (because a commensurate reaction to the round would risk a 14-box Deal, and that would never do), followed by... hang on, an increase to "that's about right" after £250k goes? Proper strategy, there. Enough stability to make it hard not to, mind, and enough stability to encourage Debbie on.

Eight-box, and the board is fading badly; offer is reasonable for the new board, but below the pre-ADP offers in cash terms. "Noel says it requires a very special player to go at their lowest offer to date." I don't think that was meant as a complement. Sure enough, she's playing on. This is what I meant by having the early offers high so the player chases the game if it starts to go wrong; so far, this is following that script about as well as any I can recall recently.

Ten grand... Debbie says she needs a blue, so of course she takes out the last safe red... there we go! Survival, and now we find out how badly the producers want her to play to the end. Not very; one of the recent recurring motifs is pulled out, it's the right offer for the board, it's the top of the game, I have no complaints with a Deal here. Would reluctantly Deal myself.

Oh my goodness me. There are players, like Fran, who arguably deserve a spectacularly painful proveout; there are players, like Debbie, who absolutely do not.

Surely there was a better way of inserting an extended Channel 4 News into the schedule than that. It is absolutely right that there is one, but this is a really silly way of doing it.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:04 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

[offtopic]

No surprise that Jon and Alex have made their way over to the Land of the Rising Sun.

[/offtopic]

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:06 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

norwichdonder wrote:
StatsMan wrote:

Hmm see my post in the General forum about a 'system'. Maybe I added up the value of some of the final boxes... Which 4 games did you see?

Barbara - peak offer £70k
Danielle - peak offer £3k
Fran - box value £250k
Debbie - peak offer £66k

(I missed the afternoon shows with Lee and Ellen on the first day's filming)

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:27 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

James1978 wrote:
Well Adam got called a reckless idiot for no-dealing £16k on a similar 5-box but with the £5k there instead of Debbie's £3k, ended up hitting the 10% chance of disaster and people seemed really happy he's crashed and burned. :?

Now Debbie deals the same offer, hits the 10% chance the other way - and I bet some of same people who dissed Adam will call Debbie a pathetic cautious dealer or whatever.........

My thoughts exactly.

I suppose there was an argument for going on with there being more reds than blues, but you're relying on keeping in the £100k in for a better offer - £3k/£35k would probably be a stick at best and there's no guaranteeing a generous offer would be coming on £35k with a blue.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:08 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

Poor game to end the week...we need more gamblers!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:15 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

Sent an e-mail to C4 about the programming change. They must have been prepared for complaints as got this reply within an hour

"Due to recent events, we have extended our News programme from it's usual 6:30-6:55pm slot to a 6pm-6:55 slot. An unfortunate consequence of this is that our schedules have had to change, with DEAL OR NO DEAL and TIME TEAM beginning half an hour earlier than advertised. As this was a last-minute decision, whilst it was announced on air during the day unfortunately we did not have time to change our listings. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or confusion caused."

maggieq

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:31 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

Simon F wrote:
Sent an e-mail to C4 about the programming change. They must have been prepared for complaints as got this reply within an hour

"Due to recent events, we have extended our News programme from it's usual 6:30-6:55pm slot to a 6pm-6:55 slot. An unfortunate consequence of this is that our schedules have had to change, with DEAL OR NO DEAL and TIME TEAM beginning half an hour earlier than advertised. As this was a last-minute decision, whilst it was announced on air during the day unfortunately we did not have time to change our listings. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or confusion caused."

:box: Thanks for posting this.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:44 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

maggieq wrote:
Simon F wrote:

:box: Thanks for posting this.

I guess with no half hour shows either side of the news, it wasn't easy to fit an extra 30 minutes in.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

If I were running Channel 4 I'd have shunted everything later by 30 minutes.

Ratings for this week will be interesting. I'd presume today's show was not in the weekly top 30.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:45 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

I was quite lucky, I only missed about 5-10 minutes of Debbie's game. I normally go out to the cinema on a Sunday afternoon and record it, i would have been pretty peeved if i'd come home to find i'd only caught half the episode

Very good of Channel 4 to make announcements during the day but that does rather rely on people actually watching the channel earlier in the day and i'm getting a bit long in the tooth for Hollyoaks

Anyway, a decent game and not a stupid deal, shame Debbie didn't hit the £100k in proveout, I'm sure people would be a lot less harsh on her if that had been the case

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:09 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

KP wrote:
If I were running Channel 4 I'd have shunted everything later by 30 minutes.

Ratings for this week will be interesting. I'd presume today's show was not in the weekly top 30.

It seemed an odd decision to move shows backwards. Better decision would have been to ditch Time Team and stick a half hour show after DOND.

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:03 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

James1978 wrote:
Well Adam got called a reckless idiot for no-dealing £16k on a similar 5-box but with the £5k there instead of Debbie's £3k, ended up hitting the 10% chance of disaster and people seemed really happy he's crashed and burned. :?

Which Adam? Have had a lookk through the list of Adams on the other site and can't find this game. :blueponder

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:08 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

paulyc wrote:
Which Adam? Have had a lookk through the list of Adams on the other site and can't find this game. :blueponder

7 February 2011. 8)

He'd also turned down £30k at 8-box.

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:04 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

O yeah the "I still believe" policeman. Forgot his name.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

I think that a lot of the criticism Adam got was because he was oblivious to the point of looking cocky... probably a lot of the people who dislike certain forum members ended up criticising Adam for acting frankly not-dissimilarly!

(I was critical based on that impression, but at the time I said I'd have done the same as him!! I hope and half-expect I'd have cut my losses at £16k though.)

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:46 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

I think I would agree KP. Its not always the nature of the decision but how that decision comes across that the viewers react to. Not sure how much is governed by the edit, though i suppose the editing department only have a certain amount of material to work with. Adam appeared to zone out and focus on the two biggest figures, without really appearing to give due consideration to the good offers or the lifeline offer. Corrine took even bigger risks, but appeared to remain focused and able to deal with the consequences, so she is held up as a bit of an icon for the non dealers. Personally I found Corrine's rejection of 88k questionable to say the least, but her attitude to not winning the quarter of a million made her less of a target of criticism as some players who took less risky no deals and ultimateley failed.

On the wings Debbie came across as a bit of a no dealer, but didnt live up to that in her game. I can understand the deal at 5 box but I wasnt really expecting it. Who'd have thought the prove out would be one of the ideal two box scenarios?

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:10 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 13/03 Debbie

BankerSpanker wrote:
£66,000 my a***! That offer is 98% of the average. No way the Banker would offer that high in live play. I think it would have been about £50k.
But £16,000 was very dealable. I didn't expect the £8,000 to be doubled after 2 reds and 1 blue.

I'd disagree with you there . Normally i take the proveout offers with a pinch of salt but on this occassion i did think that was reasonable. I personally would have wanted a minimum of £60,000 with that pairing in live play. I think when you have two power five amounts in play at the end like that the Banker has to pitch the offer as high as possible in order to encourage a deal. I mean I'm a cautious player but with £35k guaranteed even i would be prepared to gamble £15k for the chance of winning double that

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]