Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:05 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:05 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:44 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
The banker says 13 is lucky in Italy. Franca and her boyfriend agree that's a very good offer, and he says he's already got his car keys out, as he feels the game could be destroyed in 2 boxes. Franca talks to Olivia's fiancee in the audience and he says that offer should be enough for Franca. The banker phones and says he's in tears as he wanted Olivia for himself!

Franca then speaks to Barbara's husband in the audience, and Noel says it's great to see a flavour of the experience contestants get when they meet lots of new people. Franca's boyfriend asks if she'd be upset at winning a blue, and she says she wouldn't, and he says that's her answer then.

Franca says

NO DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Round 5

11 - Stephen - £250

Noel says he loves it when people take their one chance and give it their best shot.

2 - Crystal - £5

16 - Lee - 1p :D

Banker time

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:47 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Well I think we know what's coming now. The old faithful. If so hopefully it won't work as the top two are still in play.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Noel gets Franca to give Lee a 1p kiss! The banker says there's part of him that wants Franca to go on, as half the viewers want to see her win a blue! He says he's considering not making an offer, but the look on Franca's boyfriend's face is stopping him doing that. Noel says this is a serious moment now, and he gives quite a build-up to giving this offer...

Banker's offer:

£30,000

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Noel talks about the hardship Franca's boyfriend has been experiencing due to the recession. Chris says he'd take the offer, and Rachel says it's a huge sum of money. Fran says she has a feeling that Franca's game is full of energy and that there's more money in it. Franca's boyfriend joins her at the pound table.

Franca says

DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Round 6 - proveout

Noel says he so much wanted Franca to deal, as he thought he'd lost her in all the fun of this game.

6 - Alex - £100,000

22 - newbie Andy - £250,000

13 - Chris - £20,000

Banker time with £1 and £500 remaining...

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Banker's offer would've been:

£20

h2005

Franca has £1 in her box 3.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Noel says that's a massive banker spanking.

Box 1 with Sam contains the £500

Noel says Franca held together well, and she's very lucky to have Jamie and she's now secured their future.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:48 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Wow! Where did that win come from?! :D

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:13 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

The player knowing what was best for them, that's where! :D Some might say it wasn't the best deal we've seen on a board like that but it was undoubtedly the right choice for Franca, and thankfully the proveout reflected that.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:45 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Well yet another game I'd have crashed in! :lol:

But still, get in! What a crash after taking a great amount of money following loads of dithering around the mid-teens :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:53 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Just watched that on 4OD. Absolutely FANTASTIC!! One for those of use like me who are hell-scared of 10% disaster chances on big-money 5-boxes. Plus Franca was a legend and the money must be a total godsend to her and partner. Nice!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:04 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

She had a great system! Beats any superstition or birthday numbers! I also like the fact the boxes were all decided on before the start so any proveout or play to the end would be true and honest.

The first offer was very good - almost dealable if your risk averse. The 16k offer seems a bit of a good deal as her bf had very little work on. The stick seemed fair and I think the banker was just having a punt, knowing the odds must be that she would have a crash on the next round with at least one more power5 going.

Noel was really talking her game down just prior to the 13k offer. Ok we have the 1p in play, but we also have the 100k and 250k. I wouldn't really call the 13k a lifeline, more a means to push her on to the inevitable crash. The crash never happened and after clearing out 3 blues, including the 1p I was actually expecting a 30k offer. The governor just wasn't quite high enough with the 100k and 250k on the board.

Not much to say about the final round but to say it was played with honesty as it would have been if she had gone on. Enough said.

Kanga

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:51 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Franca has been fun on the wing since the day she arrived. A well deserved Banker spanking :D

KP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca
International Forums Moderator

That's why players are target-driven... and what a happy ending that was, more than compensating for the lack of a very manageable gamble at five-box. This time, at least, and the only issue if the proveout had gone the other way would have been the awkward dichotomy of feeling upset after a £30k win...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:06 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Interesting game - I've debated about the 5-box offer in depth in the 'DEAL-EYE' section with an illustration, so I won't repeat here. However, I would've no-dealt £30k there as I'd be looking for closer to £40k I think with the powerhouse two still in play backed up by £20k.

Great system, not sure if someone has done this before, but it was quite a fun one! I remember thinking at the start, it's a good job they are 1 hour shows now with Noel making that list (which he got wrong and needed Danielle to assist him! :roll: ). Of course, I'd nearly always be last with that system being 6ft 4! :shock:

A fun game and perfect result!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:30 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

A good fun game with a very entertaining player. Noel does like a system he can take control of doesn't he? Though this one nearly got the better of him.

Personally i thought £30k quite dealable and i was so pleased when it translated into a Banker Spanking for Franca.

Just had a random thought, it's probably just as well Fran wasn't down in that corner with Franca & Frank - now that could have been really confusing

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:36 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
A good fun game with a very entertaining player. Noel does like a system he can take control of doesn't he? Though this one nearly got the better of him.

Personally i thought £30k quite dealable and i was so pleased when it translated into a Banker Spanking for Franca.

Just had a random thought, it's probably just as well Fran wasn't down in that corner with Franca & Frank - now that could have been really confusing

Yeah, imagine when one of them gets called out, someone might mishear and run over to the wrong person... :lol:

beaker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:40 am    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

What a wacky system, I'm surprised Noel didn't bring up it was fortunate she didn't go tall to short as it would have been a disaster.

Well done Franka!

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]