Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:16 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:16 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

Warnings: 0
Would Tiffany be #36 or #3, Noel asks...

Here is the truth, from the Banker...if Tiffany had declined £55,000 and been in live play, he'd have offered a straight:

Banker's offer would've been:

SWAP

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:54 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

Phew!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

Tiffany's box 5 had the 1p :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:55 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany
Forum Games Moderator

Thank god :twisted:

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:56 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

Well she said she would have swapped. Just a shame she didn't go to the end in live play......

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:56 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

Vel opens box 17 to reveal the £250,000...and Tiffany confirms she would have swapped for box 17 had she been given the chance!

Tiffany is delighted to have won £21,000, which Noel calls tangeable wonderful!

paulyc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:56 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

Strange ending with the swap being the final offer rather than money. So she's celebrating when she could have had the 250k cause she just said she would have swapped.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:58 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

I let out a huge "WHAT??!??!!" as soon as she said DEAL to £21,000. At 37% of the average, that is a POOR offer and I don't think the next offer would've been £55K in live play. I bet it would've been <£40K.

Oh, and this game made me fall asleep. TOO MUCH PADDING! :x

Fan of classic rock and metal

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:00 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany
Forum Games Moderator

45 minutes was too long in my eyes in the first place!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:01 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

£21,000 and £55,000 were on the cusp of my tipping point in both situations...not brilliant offers statswise but bear in mind the three smallest were against £21,000, and 1p and 50p were against £55,000...so both were good offers if not generous.

In all honesty it could easily have been the 1p club for me...I feel so ashamed :lol:

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:05 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

Why didn't Noel ask if she would've swapped before her box was opened?

There was all that screaming and cheering at the end but if Noel had been on the ball, he would've asked her "Swap or No Swap?", she would've swapped, the £250,000 would've been revealed and everyone would've sighed.

Everyone was celebrating as if she'd got the better of the banker but the fact is, she got 21K when she could've had £250,000.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:06 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

I think unedited, he did...especially given the significance of box 17 being made earlier in the show :)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:09 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

I wonder what the offer at 2-box could've been. The FD is about £65K, so maybe £70-£80K or even £88K?

Fan of classic rock and metal

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:12 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany
Forum Games Moderator

I think £70,000's about right.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:17 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

Once again not a really smart deal for the board, that last offer at 2-box though...brings back bad (and good) memories

paulyc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:20 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

Big-Davey wrote:
I think unedited, he did...especially given the significance of box 17 being made earlier in the show :)

If thats the case why didnt he put it on the pound table as he would usually do saying he was playing on with honesty?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:28 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

Actually that's a very good point - even without the £250,000 he loves his hypo-swaps...

...the only thing I can suggest is Endemol have yet again taken the forum's opinions on board, this time about the hypo-swap! :D

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:29 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

A straight swap offer on that final two would have been cruel, especially as a swap's guaranteed with the £250k at 2-box anyway. Plus, both Alice and Corrinne also put significance on the last box on the wings but didn't swap, so saying you'd swap and actually going through with it can be very different entities!

Still, bringing 1p to the table and turning it into £21k isn't that bad a day's work, even though it turned out there was more in the game - but then, hit any of the top 3 and the offer would be nowhere near £55k. May have pushed on another round myself but not sure from there. First time in a while the 1p box has come to the table and not been won too! :-D

paulyc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:36 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

I'm giving this to the banker on two counts: If he had given her an offer at two box it would have been much higher than she dealt at and the fact she even said herself she would have swapped, means she missed out on the 250k.

Wasnt sure if she would have been offered the gamble at the end, though not sure they want to produce another jackpot winner that way, as it does divide opinion.

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:37 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 01/03 Tiffany

BankerSpanker wrote:
I let out a huge "WHAT??!??!!" as soon as she said DEAL to £21,000. At 37% of the average, that is a POOR offer and I don't think the next offer would've been £55K in live play. I bet it would've been <£40K.

Oh, and this game made me fall asleep. TOO MUCH PADDING! :x

You must remember that nearly all the players doesn't know how to work out the average on the board. Contestants would rather look on the board, see if the offer is good enough for them. Tiffany wouldn't have know the percentages and the averages and I don't think she cared. Her more fear was the top right hand side of the board.

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]