Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Banker's offer would've been:

£80

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron

Ron has £500 in his box 2

Box 13 with Adam contains the 10p

Noel says this is officially a banker spanking and was the most unlikely spanking in the history of the show.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:26 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron

Good outcome at the end but that's 7 games without a 5-figure win!!!

Still I liked Ron, I admit I would struggle to show a poker face at this game similar to him, so the offers could have been better, but pleased he got out at the right time!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:29 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron

h2005 wrote:
The banker rings back and says anyone who says that's not a good offer can't read the board!

YES WE CAN, BANKER! :x
£8,000 is a rubbish offer. I'd have wanted at least £10,000 to deal there.

So, three £8,000 deals and four heartbreaking games makes this probably one of the worst weeks of 2011.

Fan of classic rock and metal

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron

BankerSpanker wrote:
So, three £8,000 deals and four heartbreaking games makes this probably one of the worst weeks of 2011.

Unfortunately it's one of the worst weeks ever! Specifically, it was the 3rd worst week in the show's history, with a payout of £22,005.01 (an average of £3,667.50 per show).

(Full data can be seen here - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3199&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron
International Forums Moderator

At least it wasn't yet another crash. I don't think I would have won a red all week!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:44 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron

Just a poor week in all honesty

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron

KP wrote:
At least it wasn't yet another crash. I don't think I would have won a red all week!!

Wouldn't you have swapped for the £75k in Georgina's game with your policy on swapping?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:40 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron

h2005 wrote:
Round 3

7 - Nick - £250,000

Noel says that's cruel.

If it can't go in the first two rounds, as it did in the previous five games, then it'll go in the first box immediately afterwards.

And STILL Noel isn't aware of any of this... :roll:

h2005 wrote:
The banker says he's been proved wrong by Ron, and if Ron had dealt, he'd have said the offer would've been about £4,500.

WHAT?!!?! If Ron had dealt at the previous offer, this one would have been just £500 more??!!?

STOP WITH THE BULL POO, BANKER!!!!!! :x :x :x

h2005 wrote:
Noel says this is officially a banker spanking and was the most unlikely spanking in the history of the show.

Naturally, he's forgotten about Emma from the Eurovision Song Contest special on 20 May 2006, and Asma from 5 December 2007 - both of whom acheived even more unlikely Banker spankings with only £5k... :roll: :roll: :roll:

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:43 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron

I thought what Noel said at the end was a bit odd really. He was implying that because Ron was an old man, he'd be cautious and take a cautious deal, and wouldn't get a "banker spanking". But earlier on, Noel said he thought Ron would be the sort of person who would go for it and try and win big money. :ponder:

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron
International Forums Moderator

Sometimes you sense that Noel's spinning of the game ends up confusing himself. :D

James: forgot that one! But even so, I would have won a blue every game this month!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:47 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron

Would have probably wanted 5 figures at 5-box to deal but can't blame him for dealing when the banker isn't in a generous mood lately and stated that he was going to low-ball a £20k/blue finish.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:36 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/02 Ron

As far as i'm concerned a spanking is a spanking! Cautious or not Ron made the right call and if the objective of the game is to get the maximum money out of the Banker then Ron achieved exactly that. No complaints here.

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]