Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:59 am Last visit was: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:59 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Banker's offer:

£13,000

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

Andrea says she thought it'd be a bit more than that for showing bravery.

New offer...

Banker's offer:

£10,000

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

Andrea says she may have considered the £13,000 but she didn't like the number 13. Noel asks if £12,999 would do the trick, and she says she'd think about it.

New offer...

Banker's offer:

£12,999
- but only if Andrea's boyfriend proposes to her!

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

Toyin gives some advice and gets confused and asks Andrea to marry him. :lol: The banker phones back and says Toyin must propose to her now. :lol:

Andrea says

DEAL

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

Round 6 (proveout)

Andrea says she thinks she has £100 in her box.

3 - Fred - £35,000

11 - Ant - £50,000

18 - Danielle - £5

Banker time with £100 and £500 remaining...

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

The banker says this has been worth it to watch Toyin propose to Andrea!

Banker's offer would've been:

£220

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

Andrea's box 19 has £500

Box 6 with Toyin contains the £100

The banker says this moment will be on Youtube for years. :lol: Toyin comes on to the walk of wealth and gets down on to one knee and proposes to Andrea, and she says......... NO. :lol:

Noel says it's not a banker spanking as Andrea was offered £13,000.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea
International Forums Moderator

This 'bloke in the petrol station' hasn't half helped this show's transparency! Has the independent adjudicator ever been seen on the set?

And now we're somehow likely to get a trainwreck after the proposal condition making the edit. :D

Good opening round, notwithstanding the fact the bottom five remain - irrelevant in any other game, but there's a psychological impact in this one, marked out here by the introduction of a recurring motif in the opening offer.

Dangerous second round, very dangerous, but the jackpot is still intact, so the offer can't be too insulting just yet. Crikey, would have expected it to drop lower than £7k, let alone £9k.

Boom. And that's why you bring a system - not because it changes the odds, but because you have no regrets about how 'I shouldn't have picked that box'. Me, I'd have taken that one out in round 4, been very disappointed to lose it just before the ADP (having also lost £75k and £100k in the previous two rounds), but also safe in the knowledge my game could not have gone any other way. Now the joke offers begin.

Huge offer improvement after a merely decent fourth round, marking out eight-box as the Acceptable Deal Point once again. Noel revealed after the break that she listened to something the producers said during it, or something. And the offer goes up again! But she's painted herself into a corner with her remark now, so plays on. On that board, a two-box game at eight-box, with the Igor finish (and resultant joke offers later) still on, that's a questionable decision.

And now both parts of it go, which means she's guaranteed a fiver, and we're going to get a proposal just before a critical five-box offer - a lá Eddie's game, which almost the entire fandom rounded upon. Well done Endemol!

"Andrea says she thought it'd be a bit more than that for showing bravery", apparently. "Go on then, Andrea, show a bit more," the producer replies. Oh, of course it wasn't that, it was all to do with superstition about the number 13. Which presumably the producers knew, hence making that an offer so she would reject it. Even the corrected offer is contingent upon a proposal, and we all hated that twist in Eddie's game. Cripes, how many ways can you make me mad in one offer?!?

Still, we get some fantastic comedy, and then a Deal, as Andrea realises that actually she might just be allowed to. It's the right decision, of course it is, three-quarters of the mean on a board with a 30% disaster chance is crying out for a Deal, and that 30% chance is hit. How can an OPW, and the seventh five-figure win in eight games, feel so unsatisfying? Oh, when Noel says it isn't one.

I'm off to watch another Miljoenenjacht, I think...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

KP wrote:
This 'bloke in the petrol station' hasn't half helped this show's transparency! Has the independent adjudicator ever been seen on the set?

She came on set in Kerry's game a few years back when there was a powercut and they had to put all the boxes in a special cage! I think she also came on set for one of the birthday specials a few years ago too.

Profile E-mail  

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:31 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

Well call it what you will, it sounds like it was an OPW to me

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:48 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

Not a game I particularly liked TBH.

Especially the third part - I don't know why, but the term "scraping the barrel" comes to mind.

The thing with the bloke at the petrol station is also getting a bit on the tired side now.

And "it's not a banker spanking as Andrea was offered £13,000"? So if you don't take an offer that is subsequently changed to a lower one, but you take that lower offer, and both are higher than all the other offers in the game, it doesn't count as a spanking?!

That reeks of the rules being made up as they go along IMHO. AND IT WAS ONLY ONE F***ING POUND LESS!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

It wouldn't surprise me, though, if Noel was to do a third Hall of Fame next summer - and this game was included...

Profile E-mail  

thundercat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:23 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

Andrea (Box 19) Game summary and outcome

Boxes left: 17
Offer: £10,005
Fair offer: £11,517
Mean: £31,623
Median: £750
Absolute Balance: 0
Significant Balance: 10/17, 1
Volatility 0.87
Player: NO DEAL

Boxes left: 14
Offer: £9,005
Fair offer: £7,380
Mean: £25,829
Median: £375
Absolute Balance: -20
Significant Balance: 3/7, -3
Volatility 2.24

Boxes left: 11
Offer: £1,005
Fair offer: £3,758
Mean: £10,077
Median: £250
Absolute Balance: -22
Significant Balance: 3/11, -5
Volatility 0.82

Boxes left: 8
Offer: £3,005 then £6,005 then £8,000 :roll: Why didn't he just offer that in the first place instead of mucking around with the offers? :?
Fair offer: £4,166
Mean: £11,325
Median: £300
Absolute Balance: -16
Significant Balance: 1/4, -4
Volatility 1.23

Boxes left: 5
Offer: £12,999
Fair offer: £7,931
Mean: £17,121
Median: £500
Absolute Balance: 2
Significant Balance: 2/5, 0
Volatility 1.40
Player: DEAL

Boxes left: £100/£500
Offer: £220
Fair offer: £261
Mean: £300
Median: £300
Absolute Balance: -6
Significant Balance: 0/1, -1
Volatility 5

Box 19 had £500

Box Contents: £500
Highest offer: £12,999
Player winnings: £12,999
Result: Outright player win

KOBRA_KID

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:26 pm    Author: KOBRA_KID    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

I thought todays was pretty good.
Actually the best 1 for a while, Andrea seemed pretty cool as well.

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:01 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

That's an OPW in my book anyway - although she would have deserved the £10k offer at 5 box being permanent for thinking that £13k wasn't a great offer on that board.

Good game anyway with an enjoyable ending.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:27 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

I'm sure Noel said all the "It wasn't a spanking" thing in jest. Anyone who knows the first thing about the show knows that it was!

Very good offers today I thought though!

And also it's weird we got a pretend proposal on the show exactly four years after a real one (I think Noel only remembers Eddie and the girl who couldn't stop crying though)...............

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tall Paul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:57 pm    Author: Tall Paul    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

James1978 wrote:
I'm sure Noel said all the "It wasn't a spanking" thing in jest. Anyone who knows the first thing about the show knows that it was!

Very good offers today I thought though!

And also it's weird we got a pretend proposal on the show exactly four years after a real one (I think Noel only remembers Eddie and the girl who couldn't stop crying though)...............

Yup, definately mate. :)

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:27 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

An amusing game, the Banker was really out to get inside Andrea's head, with his constantly changing offers and his insistance on a proposal but it backfired spectacularly, and Toyin's proposal was a hoot.

I'm happy to consider that a spanking if everyone else is.

collydolly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:26 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 08/12 Andrea

Yes you did see Mister Al as he was sat next to me :D

They did a pick up on the boyfriend swearing and asking him to say begger but they obviously decided to go with the first take :roll:

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]