Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:31 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:31 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
I posted that a full ten seconds before it came up on screen, as Noel built it up so much!

Adam asks for advice. Freddie tells him to think carefully, and is non-committal. Debbie mentions the positive vibe from the last two games, and advises a gamble. His girlfriend points out the offer could be a deposit on a house, without explicitly calling for a Deal. John says it's carefully pitched, and expects a drop if 35k or 50k go. Another wing member suggests the offer should have been higher, quoting the 'self-belief' and 'courage' angle...

At this point, the Banker rings, saying the offer is where it is because he's expecting damage to the backup block, and warns of a poor offer if that happens. He again advises a Deal. Adam notes how he's gone from 50-hour weeks to 6-hour weeks as a window cleaner, then notes the possibility of setting himself up for life if he won the jackpot.

Noel goes back to Debbie's remark, and adds that he felt sorry for Glenn after the poor run of luck beforehand... then he goes on about destiny...

Adam isn't sure...

Adam says

DEAL

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Noel said that was a classic moment, and then already pre-emptively says Adam has a 'mega regret'. Already.

The Banker seizes this moment, rings again, and said he expected the offer to be rejected...

Round 5 (proveout)

1 - Fred - £20,000

Applause, which Noel doesn't stop...

10 - Jen - £10,000

There's the 'not good enough' line, which is at least accurate here. Noel pipes up the theatrics on this, and says the 50k won't be enough to prevent a higher offer.

21 - Antonio - £250,000

Banker time

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Noel's theatrics stopped dead in his tracks. The Banker was convinced that was a mistake.

Banker's offer would've been:

£13,000

Round 6 (proveout)

19 - Jay - 1p

15 - Andrea - £750

16 - Debbie (newbie) - £50,000

It's a £3,000 / £35,000 finish...

Last edited by KP on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:51 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

And there goes the biggie

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Noel says there could still be a regret.

Banker's offer would've been:

£17,500

Noel says there is a big difference between £26,000 and £35,000, builds up the theatrics...

Adam's box 11 had £35,000

Box 22 with Olympia had the £3,000

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

And he gets beaten at the last minute...a TBW for this game

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Noel. after talking up the regrets for the entire proveout, then says at the debrief that "this is the moment where we throw away the regrets". I didn't hear the rest for laughing at the double standards, but he mentioned how he might be able to secure a deposit on a flat now.

The Banker points out how he didn't "hit him for six", as per his opening break link, but for twenty-six.

Noel signs off by saying we are 'in the money' with a run of good games.

thundercat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:58 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Very interesting game, the strength of 8 box was evident after the rock and QM were discovered yet the offer was still in 5 figures, and an orange 35k finish still producing a healthy offer of £17,500 after the significant loss of £50,000. A player loss of £9,000 is disappointing however the proveout could have been a lot worse.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:30 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Old faithful was the obvious offer at 8-box and a nicely placed one. Not low enough to be an easy no-deal but not high enough to be an insta-deal.

A proveout that seemed to be going the wrong way only for the final box in each round to be the right one.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:36 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Not an easy board to walk away from but Adam made the right decision, once the £250k went he would have been chasing the money for the rest of the game. Yes, he missed out on another £9k but he got out at the highest offer so i'd say a good result.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:56 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

I had connection problems earlier, sorry everyone!!!

Saw the £26,000 offer coming a mile off! It did seem a fair, but nonetheless pushy, offer at the time...yes he got away with it in the following round and thereafter...but his box contents prevented him from leaving the studio with no regrets...what am I saying?! After an all-but collapse like that, only an OHO would have won £35,000 today!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

andsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:18 am    Author: andsaunders    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

I probably would have gone at £26 grand. A lot of people have gone away with less.

Tall Paul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:37 am    Author: Tall Paul    Post subject: Re: 02/12 Adam

Altough Adam lost, he didn't lose badly. Hopefully tommorows contestant should do better and win a healthy sum of money(fingers crossed) :!:

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]