Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Wayne says

NO DEAL

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:35 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

Absolutely imperative they both go in this round...given the stingy final offer on Friday with an "orange" and one of those two...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:37 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

That'll do it!!!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:37 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

Round 6

20 - Danielle - 10p

9 - Toyin - £1

22 - Jamie - 1p :D

Banker time with £750 and £5,000 remaining...

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:38 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

The banker says that's one of the best rounds of all time! Noel says Wayne should think about this offer and respect the money.

Banker's offer:

£2,000

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:38 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

£2,000 against £5,000 would normally be dealable but with £750 to fall back on, I'd feel quite comfortable going for this!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

Noel says that's a chunk of money. Wayne's mum says he should deal, and his dad says he should go home with something. Wayne says £750 is still something. Antonio asks what he'd be more disappointed about if he went on and it went wrong. Nat says £750 is a good consolation prize.

Wayne says

DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

Wayne has £5,000 in his box 16

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:41 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

Not entirely "foolish"; £2,000 is still a fair bit more than £750...but he looks like he'll be a bit racked off if he's got the £5,000...

...and he has! Bah!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:42 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

Wayne says he's absolutely gutted.

Box 1 with Claire has the £750

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:45 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

He just never even got to recover from the huge red bashing midway through the game...keeping the £250,000 to 8-box WAS meant to be the turning point, but alas he never got the chance to gamble with it because it was immediately found...so to recover to £2,000 when there was only the £5,000 left at that point is pretty impressive

thundercat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:54 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

Rather bizzare final deal there considering the previous gambles he took at 8 and 5 box (all of which I would have also ND'd) - if you consider the fact £750 is the comfiest blue and indeed not a massive drop from £2,000, the £3,000 to be made on the flipside would have surely lead to a no deal. Unfortunately, once again, pressure from the parents prevented a satisfying box win.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:32 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

Have to say that deal confused me too, I wouldn't even have paused for thought (I would have swapped though :( )

Apart from that, I did like Wayne, I found him very amusing, but how on earth can anyone be SCARED of baked beans? I mean I don't really like them but can't understand how you can be scared of a food? I thought one of the offers (probably at 5-box after the crash) would have baked bean related too (5-box would have been 4 cans of beans for example)........

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:01 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

h2005 wrote:
The banker says that's one of the best rounds of all time!

Well, it's the second best possible round, isn't it?!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne
International Forums Moderator

Interestingly set up, this: the contestant has made a radical career change, from a financially secure field to one that is probably a bit less so, and his parents are urging him to be cautious. He obviously respects that to at least some extent, or he'd have made sure they didn't come to Bristol...

Crikey, decisions starting very early on if that round's anything to go by. How many opening rounds have had all five boxes come from one of the Power Fives? Offer's a joke, we can't have a serious decision yet. Second round is one of survival, no more; that second offer is actually dealable, you know. Not that I would, but I'd not think any less of someone who took that. Wayne doesn't, of course.

Well, if you're going to have a 7/4 split the wrong way at halfway, at least make sure one of the four is the jackpot. Would I take this 11-box board over the reverse? Nope, not quite, so this is below-average in my book, but one good round and he's secured a very handy five-figure escape route if he wants it. The offer here forces him onto the ADP.

Oh good grief, this game gets even more dangerous. The offer is awfully stingy, but the parents would take it. 62.5% chance of... at least fifteen grand, you'd think. Maybe it's not such a clear Deal, but I'd have to go on, and he does too.

Oh crumbs. Even the blues aren't the lowest - at least he avoided an all-blue squashdown, but he has now gone 13 boxes without hitting one of the Banker's Power 5. He finally goes and takes the whole lot out in round 6, thus being surely the first player in history to take out those five in only two separate rounds. Shame one of them was the last.

On big red/blue finishes, the magnitude of the blue is nigh-on irrelevant. On an orange/blue finish, it really isn't. What's the lowest blue you'd want as backup to ND £2k for a shot at £5k? I'm thinking £100 or £250. Oh, OK, not even £750 is sufficient assurance for Wayne - a poor Deal, I have to say, and not one I mind being punished with the £5k in the box. Why is he so upset at that, and if so, why did he take it? We won't see many more inexplicable Deals for the rest of the season.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

thundercat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:55 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

I think the deal was influenced - once again - by relatives in the audience. I'm positive if he come to the show alone (and listened to Nats advice about £750 being the best consolation prize possible for a blue number) he would have surely declined £2,000 for the £3,000 gain against the £1,250 loss. With such a clear cut no deal it would only seem that the origins of a deal would come from that of a target-based player.

Looking now at the point KP has raised about consolation values at 2 box, in such a case as today where £2,000 is being risked for a 50/50 gain to £5,000, I would consider anything double figures or less (in this case £50 or less) as an insufficient consolation prize. Surely when the consolation blue is near-or-in the bankers power 5 the offer shall reflect this... and hence make my decision even easier

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:22 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

Sorry but I thought this week special period was poor, payout-wise

This was totally the opposite to the 2008 Christmas period

thundercat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:29 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

killersbee wrote:
Sorry but I thought this week special period was poor, payout-wise

This was totally the opposite to the 2008 Christmas period

No need to say sorry :? most people would agree! :D

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:56 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

The curse of the Sunday Player strikes again.

Wayne was a nice enough chap but he had no luck with the boxes, except in that final round

I think i would have probably no dealed that final offer too, having gone that far you might as well play it to the end, £750 is an aceptable consolation when gambling for £5k.

bb67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:27 am    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 28/11 Wayne

That was pretty horrible in gameplay terms and £2,000 is a good result considering it could have been much worse. Enjoy the money Wayne, really wanted you to have a better game.

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]