Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 pm Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:01 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
Round 5

10 - newbie Darren - 50p

Elli chooses box 3 with Wayne, which is in the VIP area. Clive, Orry and Wayne have to guess its contents. Clive and Orry guess £250,000 and Wayne guesses £100,000. If one of them gets it right, then Elli wins a holiday. She also gets an instant offer from the banker.

3 - Wayne (opened by Noel) - £3,000

Elli doesn't win the holiday.

She now gets an offer.

Banker time

Three games, and three times this twist ends up being the same mechanism as the Love Necklace, and nothing more... :? :|

bb67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:04 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

She just got away with that one, thought it would be the 100k/250k finish. Good result again all the same.

Friday Noel? Really? :suspect: Knew H would pick up on that when he said that lol.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:13 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

h2005 wrote:
Box 13 with Danielle contains the £100,000

Noel says that was a truly amazing game.

Hate to say this, but I think Noel's exaggerating a bit here.

It was a great game, no question about that - even with the twist turning out as it did.

But I wouldn't quite go so far as to calling it "truly amazing".

And when I looked at the clock as Elli was mulling over that £31k, I kind of knew she'd take it.

Nonetheless, well played Elli, and enjoy that cash! :smt023

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:15 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

h2005 wrote:
The banker says he could've offered a bit more to claim a victory, but he didn't.

Elli has £50 in her box 19

Since when has £50 been a red amount??!?!!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:17 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

Haha! Colour fail! :P

Nonetheless, good game

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:43 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

My Favourite game of the week so far. Elli had enough personality - and enough to say for herself - that she didn't get overshadowed by the celebration, especially at the start of the show which the past couple of days has failed to really be about the contestant.

I really liked her feisty attitude as well. I didn't think £31k was that bad a deal when you consider the 1p was still in the game and i don't blame her for taking it at all, it's just a shame she couldn't find the £100k in proveout.

Plus Noel got to wear a gimp mask, that's not an image i'm going to erase from my mind easily :D

rico7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:43 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

A great result. I did think we'd get the banker's gamble with the proveout offer so close to 31K but I would imagine Ellie wouldn't have taken it.

beaker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:05 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

Ellie has a blog!

http://missewrestling.blogspot.com/

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:32 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

Well £31k at 5-box makes Kat's £44k proveout offer with only the £75k and £3k instead of the £100k and £20k that Elli had today shown to be inflated.

To be honest, although the banker was stingy at 5-box, he got it right for the player. If Elli's only source of income was wrestling for a minor British promotion, then £31k would be a huge amount for her.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials
International Forums Moderator

Interesting to note that her background is in performing arts - I've long considered wrestling in its Anglo-American 'sports entertainment' (to quote the WWE) guise to be an adjunct of physical theatre (and none the worse for it).

No surprise whatsoever at the Deal in her circumstances; if anything, it might have been better for her to go earlier, but then the proveout lies would have been out in force. Also no surprise to find Noel frantically re-writing history yet again to encourage someone to go all the way with £250k in play - fortunately Elli was never going to do that.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:09 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials
International Forums Moderator

And also, this:
h2005 wrote:
The banker says he could've offered a bit more to claim a victory, but he didn't.

almost made me burst out laughing on a busy commuter train!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

Best game of the week so far, yes you could say £31k was slightly cautious, but equally it was a chunky sum and with 2 blues still on the board, it was justified especially given her income. Plugged in the calculator and it reckoned £45k there (61% of the mean), I'm pretty sure I would take that (and perhaps anything north of £40k).

I was good that Elli's personality was able to come across with the various 'distractions' going on this week (it's good to see past contestants, but as they're just really spectators on the edit, they're not adding to the show greatly). I did half expect the BG at 2-box, but the banker probably thought there was too much to squeeze in anyway! (and it's one most wouldn't take after a deal)

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

johnr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:04 am    Author: johnr    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

I was stunned there was no Banker's Gamble. Or at least a hypo swap considering it was the Orry finish only with a different blue!

And that they didn't show a clip of the Orry game ending seeing Corrine's and Alice's again bought a tear to my eye!

Too much to cram in I guess, which is a shame as I'm sure the banker would have some more banter with the previous contestants otherwise!

sonicrules

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:49 pm    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 24/11 Elli - 5th Birthday Week Specials

AWWWW! Bless Elli, what a lovely girl, loved her accent and her personality, a true individual, great game too, my fave of the week!! I wanted to hug her but being a pro wrestler she may have battered me, u gotta be pretty tough mentally to keep taking the bumps and injuries and getting back in the ring, big respect to her for fighting the blokes! :D

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]