Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Round 6 - Proveout round

Jade says she can't believe she dealt

7 - £10,000 Bharti

Oh no, just like Tuesday the lowest one went 1st again says Noel

12 - £35,000 Lisa

5 - £15,000 Robbie

Banker time with £20,000 and £250,000 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

This offer will be massive says Noel.

Banker's offer would've been:

£110,000

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

Noel says that Jade would have been offered the SWAP, but Jade says she would have kept her box.

Noel opens box 10 and reveals £20,000

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

Mary with box 16 contains the £250,000

Jade says she is so relieved and feels a little better now. She says you should always go with your instinct, but never thought she would be in a position to have to think about an offer over £20,000, and thought she would just have to play all the way to the end.

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:57 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

I try not to be judgemental these days but.....

what a dreadful deal!

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:01 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

Yep, that offer had no deal written all over it. She probably would have dealt the next offer though.

JS Boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

I don't think the "deal" was that bad a decision and quite understandable. Had the 250k gone in the next round (a reasonable chance of this) then she would not have got a higher offer, for the 5th offer at any rate.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:13 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

Once again, we are robbed of a six-figure deal opportunity...at this rate no one is gonna win more than £30,000 through out the entire Season

DanS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:35 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

killersbee wrote:
Once again, we are robbed of a six-figure deal opportunity...at this rate no one is gonna win more than £30,000 through out the entire Season

lol

That was kind of like a bad mix between Balbina's game and Stephen's game. I can understand the deal, and I personally think she would have to at least 2-box after that with £10k minimum. Whether she would have dealt the £110,000 is anyones guess with the £20k backup. But for all we know, £26k might have been the only offer she was willing to accept in hindsight.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade
International Forums Moderator

A player caught out by simplistic desires - and not just shoes and clothes. She genuinely seemed, based on the commentary alone, to pretty much assume she'd never get a serious offer - she didn't expect to get offered £20,000, she was probably playing for that, yet she was also seduced by the OHO nonsense.

Targetism wins the day when the going gets tough most of the time, and it happened here today. Incredibly, that's two games in a week with a £10k minimum at five-box - I can only name Brenda (proveout) and Amy (in play, and actually a £15k minimum) in the history of the show. Amazing turn of fortune - and to think the Banker escaped the two games with a total payout of only £41,000!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:37 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

I'm disappointed but don't think it's anywhere near as bad as some I've seen, after all there were only two boxes that were a lot more than the offer even with a good safety net, I thought the 5-box offer wouldn;t have been that much more unless she took out the lowest two amounts and not the £250,000 (which she did of course). I actually think some people get spooked by a very good board though. They just won't have expected the luck which gets them to that point, and probably think it just can't continue!

And is it some of pre-requisite for DOND contestants called Jade to be in beauty competitions as well? :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:44 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

Another really entertaining game i thought.

Jade's been a little quieter than I'd hoped on the wings but she showed quite a bubbly personality and a nicely self-
depreciating sense of humour in today's show - and she looked gorgeous. Loving the dress and the boots were very sexy.

I can understand why she dealt the £26k - the Banker doesn't call it old faithful for nothing - and given she had less in her box it's really just a shame the proveout didn't go her way.

In fact given the uncanny similarity to Tuesday's game it's a shame Jade & Balbina didn't get each other's final round

Given Noel can often be quite strict about enforcing the 1p kiss rule was anyone else dissapointed he let Jade & Lois get away with just a hug? Call me a dirty old man but I feel a little cheated by that :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:01 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

A fascinating game. By my calculations, it's about 1 in 1102.34 to have 2 all red finishes in the space of 3 days.

Old faithful was the obvious offer at 8-box but was a little stingier than the board warranted. £42k was believable in prove-out and just showed how the £45k offer Balbina got on a stronger board was a little under-inflated.

Phil 09

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:51 am    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

I'd have thought, Simon F, that the Guv'nor was a little way below the average with that 8-box offer. I'd have thought, and even said to friends and family watching that £32,000 would have been a more respectable offer.

But she dealt, playing the game prudently as it could have easily gone the other way otherwise. But to her misfortune, £42,000 at 5-box, then £110,000 at 2-box could have lapped her way into her bank account had she taken the risk of going that extra mile.

But saving grace, Noel opened the box and revealed £20,000 so maybe some form of credence but she didn't seem too disappointed compared to Paul's game the day before with just 10p. But even he took it well. The luck of the draw.

Well done, Jade, :D and others who have done well since the start of Season Six.

Sorry I've been away for a while, but things to do. I promise to be more active on here in future. :D

ciderduck

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:17 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

kestral wrote:
Banker time with £20,000 and £250,000 remaining

Boy am I glad I missed this one.....I really don't care anymore if I see Deal anymore :unsure . I have it on timer but it just didn't work yesterday, so I thought 'what odds? There's hardly been a decent game in months' (apart from Balbina's-shame it didnt work out though :( ). Between Noel's escalating buffoonery, the Banker calling every few box openings or so, and extreme bad luck for some players, it has run its course for me sadly. I watch it now with more of a sense of duty than, 'ooh, who will it be today, and how much will they win!'

I'm just curious if others feel the same

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:28 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

It's interesting what Jade said at the end about how she never expected to get an offer above £20k, there was another lovely lady a few weeks ago Imani, who had a game that was pretty much the polar opposite of Jades in that it was very unlucky and again it seemed to confound her expectations.

I wonder how often contestants arrive in the crazy chair with a mental image of how their game will unfold and how damaging that is to their gameplay.

I also find it intresting how Jades game was the exact opposite of Paul G's the day before - he recieved constantly diminishing offers, she got higher offers every time. I would suspect that most people would expect their game to have peaks and troughs and if you get to the 4th offer without a single curve in the offers then a degree of expectation may kick in, you would start to expect a change of luck in the next round, for Paul G that meant pressing on in the belief his luck would improve, for Jade it meant cashing in before the bottom dropped out of her game.

One for the number crunchers amongst us perhaps, what are the odds against getting a game where the offers don't fluctuate

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:39 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade

ciderduck wrote:
Boy am I glad I missed this one.....I really don't care anymore if I see Deal anymore :unsure . I have it on timer but it just didn't work yesterday, so I thought 'what odds? There's hardly been a decent game in months' (apart from Balbina's-shame it didnt work out though :( ). Between Noel's escalating buffoonery, the Banker calling every few box openings or so, and extreme bad luck for some players, it has run its course for me sadly. I watch it now with more of a sense of duty than, 'ooh, who will it be today, and how much will they win!'

I'm just curious if others feel the same

Spot on! Endemol are not exactly helping produce games to remember in the long run like it did around Christmas of Season 4...what ever happened to those people?

We need more brave people...or have we run out of them? :roll:

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:15 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 09/09 Jade
Forum Games Moderator

What a sad game :(

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]