Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Cedelle

Warnings: 0
Why do I suddenly feel that Desert Island week will be The Banker's best time?

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Cedelle
International Forums Moderator

Just a frustrating game really.

Cedelle should probably have taken the £5,000 if she was going to take a disaster-prevention Deal like that at five-box, I think. But at least we didn't get a silly Banker's Gamble.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:15 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Cedelle

A Banker's Gamble with £10 and £10,000 would've been more like a lifeline cause dealing £1,300 was not a wise choice, £3,000 in proveout also sounded a bit meh, would've expected £4,000 so £10,000 in the box for me really

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:34 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Cedelle

A banker's gamble would have made absolutely no sense. The banker has got her out for relatively low money, and the blue there was £10. It would have been the most generous BG for a while to be honest. As KP said, it just would have been silly.

Who else thinks that Cedelle and Josh TOTALLY hooked up after the show? :-D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:35 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Cedelle

Horrible game, she was clinging to the £75,000 and once it went, she did the right thing at the time by trying to avoid a complete crash...sadly she had the last remaining good amount in her box :|

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:36 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Cedelle

Tbh, we've seen more generous Banker Gambles than that

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Cedelle

A strange deal at 5-box today. The BG would have been fine on a £5k/blue finish but not on the finish she had.

Another member of the OPL club (although surely technically the 1p club members are members of the club too as they took the minimum out of their game too).

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:53 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Cedelle

I'm getting Deja Vu all over again.

Not a lot of luck there really, I'd be tempted to say the curse of the hottie is back, except almost none of the players are lucky right now.
It's always especially gutting when a player bails at the lowest possible offer, in some ways it's more of a downer than if they play to the end and win the lower amount. I can sort of understand why Cedelle dealt, especially hot on the heels of yesterday's game, but i did feel it was worth the gamble playing on, besides which if i got to 5 box and found my luck was that bad i'd be very tempted just to ride it out

And can i just say that if Josh didn't ask her out after the show then he is a total muppet :-D

lcc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:43 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Cedelle

thought she might have gone all the way i mean she had box 10 and £10,ooo left i had a feeling she had it but to turn down £5,000 then take £1,300 :blueponder dont get that she said she wasnt greedy but she turned down £5,000 and the board wasnt really in her favour was it ??????ah well ...................................................

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Cedelle

It's like what I was thinking earlier, they now can't seem to get anything right...unless today's player does justice

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:00 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 14/07 Cedelle

DanS wrote:
A banker's gamble would have made absolutely no sense. The banker has got her out for relatively low money, and the blue there was £10. It would have been the most generous BG for a while to be honest. As KP said, it just would have been silly.

Who else thinks that Cedelle and Josh TOTALLY hooked up after the show? :-D

If Josh didn't make a move then he is not too bright, Cedelle was gorgeous and obviously interested, but then Josh might have a girl himself! A truly stunning young lady and a brave lass having MS at 18! Maybe the Josh incident was why Darren said what he did on the Fan Club thread!! :ponder:

Such a terrible shame her game didn't bring her more cash but it was one of the games where the boxes just didn't go with the player to allow a big win. Whatever you do, Cedelle, I wish you every success in life.

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]