Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:34 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Cheryl

Warnings: 0
Wow, that was a pretty incredible turnaround. With the lowest seven blues at the second break and 4 of the banker's power five at 5-box, a 75k win is an absolutely amazing result. Granted, it did come about via a ludicrously generous banker's gamble, but ultimately it was what the show needed, since apart from Cassie's game there haven't been many OPWs recently.

Yeah, it was manufactured, but don't forget that sometimes they try and manipulate the game and it backfires. For example, around five months ago, Bel had the exact same finish, dealt for a similar amount (6.5k rather than 7k), took the gamble and ended up winning 1p...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Cheryl
International Forums Moderator

I read on Bother's Bar that this was a classic. Came over to the forum and I feel more sick than I did after the match. What a nauseatingly manufactured finish, and I do hope it doesn't goad players on next week. Bet it does though.

Matt - you are, of course, correct that sometimes it goes the other way. Doesn't excuse it. Never has, never will. As far as I'm concerned defending this twist because it produced a £75k win is like defending Upson's performance today because he got a goal!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:01 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Cheryl

Well done Cheryl, enjoy £75K!!!

Although, if it had been the 1p, I'd have been wrong...again.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Cheryl

Well if ever there was a time for a pick-me-up across the country, this was it!

£7,000 was a no-brainer when against £75,000; Ellen was only offered £5,000 remember and her decision was just as easy to make!

Brilliant win!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

maggieq

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:27 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Cheryl

:laughing well l enjoyed this game.we never got to hear much about Cheryl,wether she was single,apart from her sister who lived abroad.l hope she enjoys every penny of her win.we sure needed a happy outcome for once!

05brewhi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:36 pm    Author: 05brewhi    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Cheryl

WOW! what a game. I cant believe that Helen's dream came true all the way. All these coincidences remind me of Bunney's game from 31/01/07 when he had the card from sarah with box 5 which he picked at random and also the dvd game premonition. Either way all of these twists and turns worked out in the end and I cannot believe that she turned this around. Well done for turning the game around and also the fortunes for the group (hopefully) and I think that you really deserve this win because you have brightened up the screens with your big smile for the last few weeks and has really made my weekend. WELL DONE!

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:59 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Cheryl

If this game doesn't turn the luck around for today's, I don't know what will

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:01 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Cheryl

The only other game I can remember with a turnaround like that was Keran from late 2008 (and she won £75k as well) and that was probably the start of a run of 4 months of mostly great games right up to the 1000th show time....fingers crossed for a repeat over the next few weeks/months.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:21 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Cheryl

Thought that was a fantastic game, one of the best turnarounds in ages.

I know some people think the ending was manipulative but personally i would have been dissapointed if there hadn't been a Banker's Gamble on that finish. I think given the emphasis that was placed on Cheryl's friend and her dream of a 1p / £75,000 finish it was all but inevitable and it would have been cowardly of the Banker not to offer it.

The fact is a) the result could have gone either way b) Cheryl didn't have to take the gamble and c)the chance to come between friends is an opportunity the Banker should never ignore. I tend to think of the Banker's Gamble as a mind game rather than a second chance at the big money, it's another way to psch out the players and this was a great example of that.

And of course i do believe in following those premonitions.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:01 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 27/06 Cheryl

I knew something big was going to happen when she dealt at £7,000 with around 10mins to go, and then the box was about to be opened a couple of minutes later.

Certainly wouldn't call it manafactured though! That was incredible, an amazing turnaround followed by a fantastic result.

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]