Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:51 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:51 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:42 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Chloe

Warnings: 0
killersbee wrote:
But she wouldn't have won pocket change anyway unless she swapped which would've been agonising viewing

And it's official, June is the new September in terms of luck

It's all well and good saying that now that we know 35k was in her box. But at the time the chances of 35k being in the box was only 25%; there was a much higher chance of it being a low blue. It was a cautious deal, I'll grant you that, but hardly an unforgiveable one.

That said, this patch of bad luck over the past week has been ridiculous. It just goes to show that you can still have a rubbish game even with a big number in your box when there's no back-up whatsoever...

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:47 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Chloe

Well as I once said long ago

"It ain't over until the last red is gone" ;)

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:20 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Chloe
International Forums Moderator

That's the first time there's been 9 offers in a game, I take it?

Terrible luck for Chloe there (and for some of the recent contestants) with that 5-box board. At least she had a dealable 8-box offer, though I thought she would play on to 3-box. Noel didn't even mention the "OHO" club, which is in danger of becoming as jinxed as Noel's "male quarter millionaire" mission, though for different reasons.

In a parallel universe, a string of large wins for three weeks forces DoND off the air as Endemol goes bankrupt, while in another, Endemol marvels as there are still some viewers after inexplicably paying out less than £15 after nearly 1400 shows. :P

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Chloe

Gutted!

I really liked Chloe and i so wanted her to do well, but once the game started to go wrong the was almost no respite.

The Banker was on good form at least with some clever mind games. It has to be said also that the 8 box gamble was well worth taking, with the odds 5-3 in her favour, Chloe actually had a better chance of an improved offer than Jodie did at the same point in last Sundays game

Yes she had £35,000 in her box but without the back-up it might as well have been the 10p. personally i would probably have chanced one more box as the odds were still in the players favour but I certainly don't blame Chloe for bailing when she did especially in light of the past few days.

£3,300 may be a modest sum but i wouldn't say no to it.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:33 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 13/06 Chloe

Simon F wrote:
A painful end to a painful week. The only red to come to the table this week and it comes with 4 low blues with it at 5-box.

She probably was never going to open her box but with the 4 blue wins this week, you can see why she didn't want to gamble £3,300 (which at least avoids this week being the worse payout week ever).

Yes, what a week, and I'd argue that this win actually does make this the worst week ever, as technically the contestants from the first week of Season 4 ultimately walked away with... £11,481 thanks to £1,000 bonuses given to Nikki, Bez and Emma awarded after Stacey-Anne's game. Looking in terms of 'pure' payout rather than 'gameplay' payout, this is the worst.

Anyway, terribly unlucky today to leave 4 low blues whilst having the £35k, the ultimate 'sting in the tail' to a dreadful week in terms of payout. It was probably worth one more at £3,300, but it was easy for her to think it would collapse as she's witnessed so many games this week do just that...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]