Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Box 11 with Mark contains the £250,000

"What a game" says Noel. Jodie says she'd be lying if she said she's not gutted, but she says the £41,000 is a great sum of money for her. :D

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

And it's the smaller of the two on the table...only the wakeyists would've turned down £170,000 but not me, even I wouldn't have the balls to decline that

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:24 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

On that finish - I'd have won 250k as I'd always No Deal on that finish and swap for 11 - but I'd already have dealt £41,000

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:26 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

She didn't deserve that finish. It was the only one that was going to make her totally regret turning down £41k (I'd have had less regrets with a £250k/low finish and a £70k ish offer).

I wonder how long she was planinng to keep the £75k box 7 in play

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:27 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

killersbee wrote:
OH MY GOD!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

And other exclamations i can't publish.

Has that ever happened before? I'm sure it has?

41k's a cracker amount of money, but what a kick in the unmentionables to end up with the two highest boxes.

Doh.

Oh well, lovely girl, well done:D

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:28 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

Yes it has happened before but not in live play. Could have been in live play today but nope. Still a good win though.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:28 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

ciderduck wrote:
killersbee wrote:
OH MY GOD!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

And other exclamations i can't publish.

Has that ever happened before? I'm sure it has?

41k's a cracker amount of money, but what a kick in the unmentionables to end up with the two highest boxes.

Doh.

Oh well, lovely girl, well done:D

We've had a handful of dream finishes in proveout. Teary Donna in December 2006 was the most memorable (and most painful to watch)

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:29 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

Whether you call this spooky or not but the EXACT same thing happened on Aussie Deal last Wednesday (2nd June). She also had the top two at the end ($100K & $200K) but she was in play, rejected $115K to become the first female $200K winner, and only the second civillian to win it in six years.

I would've loved to see the one box rule in play today.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:29 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

Great game Jodie, be proud it was so amazing. I was always going to the end with that board but I wouldn't have had the nerve to turn down £170,000 even so Jodie I'm so chuffed for you. Enjoy :)

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:29 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

Simon F wrote:
I wonder how long she was planinng to keep the £75k box 7 in play

Yeah I noticed that too, if she had kept that up to 5-box, I think Jodie would've just turned down £41,000 since that wouldn't be as generous as the 5-box board she had and after that...well, words can't describe the rest

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie
International Forums Moderator

killersbee wrote:
if she had kept [£75k] up to 5-box, I think Jodie would've just turned down £41,000

I suspect it would have been a lot more than £41,000...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:32 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

travis P wrote:
Whether you call this spooky or not but the EXACT same thing happened on Aussie Deal last Wednesday (2nd June). She also had the top two at the end ($100K & $200K) but she was in play, rejected $115K to become the first female $200K winner, and only the second civillian to win it in six years.

I would've loved to see the one box rule in play today.

I was told about the Aussie DOND about 2 hours ago and that was the first thing that came to mind. I'd like to think our banker would offer more than the equivalent generosity of £122,500 if we ever got lucky enough to have the dream finish in live play though. The £170k has enough history in proveouts now that nothing much less ought to be offered.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:34 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

KP wrote:
I suspect it would have been a lot more than £41,000...

Yeah, possibly around £55,000 - £60,000

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:37 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

Thank god the curse of the beauty seems to be gone. I thought it had returned with poor Gem but Jodie was so deserved of her massive payout.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:41 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

The curse is still here I'm afraid, except it was the other way round this time

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:34 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

Well the deluded Wakeyists can think what they like but I thought that was an absolutely great game, and I was tense even from the 8-box no-deal, if she'd no-dealt at 5-box I doubt my nerves could have taken much more!

No idea where the £30k target came from but I thought that was clever play by the banker and I was convinced she was going to deal it once it got offered, but hitting the two safety nets below the big two and the offer still going up signifciantly pushed it right into DEAL territory, and any scenario apart from the one she actually created would not have been disastrous, and I'm pleased at least that she didn't have the £250k at the table - any other box avoided would have caused a lower 2-box offer.

Good advice from her dad too about once the offers get above a certain amount, you can't really regret what's in the box (I though that in Daniel's game when he was offered £90k) - I think my threshold for that would be £50,000 though.

Pretty girls from E2 who play in early June tend to do well don't they? Apart from Jodie today there was Amy last year and Penny in 2007! (Shame Tommmiiiiii was in that position this time in '08) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:10 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

Even a pretty girl would have struggled this time in 08! Jade was standing next to him anyway... ;)

Reading this thread was really quite tense with an OUCH at the end, but if that was going to happen today, better that it's a result of a sensible deal many would have taken (especially after at least one significant rejection) than an early cautious one, particularly after we've had a few unlucky games this week.

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:28 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

Well, apart from having the dream finish at the end, that was a great game. Tense, a brave but mathematically wise no deal, and the biggest win in weeks. Unfortunately that was pretty much the only finish that would provide significant regrets, since blue/250k would probably be around 60-70k, and blue/100k would be 20-25k.

maggieq

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:24 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

:box: well done Jodie.just a pity she didnt go the hole hog.still a massive win.enjoy the dosh babe!

Gaz99er

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:45 pm    Author: Gaz99er    Post subject: Re: 06/06 Jodie

So annoyed I missed that one - is it on More 4 tomorrow anyone?

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]