Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:39 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:39 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kestral

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Box 6 with Cassie contains the £500

Neil says it has been some ride.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil

Well, my lucky number got him £3,000 at the last minute, but yet once again we start the week with another almost-disaster

James1978

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:02 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil

Was it just me or did Neil have the sort of look on his face like he was about to deck someone (no idea who though!!)?

Bit of an anti-climatic game where he squeezed both ends and kept the middle which is never going to be riveting.....all this PMA stuff just before taking out the biggest remaining amount did make me laugh though, a bit like all that management b*ll*cks. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:05 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil

Haha what a post James! :P

I've said this far too many times, but I hate how you can only comment this early on Bank Holidays and the like...it's a big shame ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:17 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil

Or just move the live commentary to the 6:35 More 4 repeat. ;-)

I'll try my best when I'm off work as I've got some holiday coming up in summer!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:41 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil

James1978 wrote:
Was it just me or did Neil have the sort of look on his face like he was about to deck someone (no idea who though!!)?

You were not the only one, James :lol:

He did have that look about him when the £35,000 went, think Noel was wise not to go on about it too much or Neil might have hung one on his chin the way Neil was glaring at the board

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:47 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil

Second day running where not only has the £250k gone first box but the player has hit the 5.45% chance of hitting the top 2 boxes from 11 box to 8 box.

Like Clive's game yesterday, the 11 box offer was decent but the board's relative strength coupled with the fact that Neil seemed to have the attitude that was always going to give strong offers if the board stayed good meant an 11-box offer deal today would have been fairly cautious.

Can't blame him for going to the end after the £35k went and the £3k swap was a nice touch.

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil
International Forums Moderator

Boxer turned ultramarathoner? Now that's a weird, weird mix of sports. One sport where amateur bouts last a total of eight minutes plus three short breaks and is upper-body predominant, and another where races can last ten hours and is lower-body predominant. Curious.

Horrible sense of deja vu with the opening box, but it improves from there, three blues and The Rock. Similarly, we get a horrible start to the second round, but two low numbers follow. The offers are very reasonable thus far.

A good third round, preceded by a more conventional synonym for 'positivity' from Neil, should have led to a bigger increase, but the second offer was unusually generous for the stage in the game, and there's an ADP notion to protect. Neil checks it's the third round - am I reaching far too much to suggest that this is because he wants to take this but is too scared to deal with eleven on the board? If so, he's going to have a lot of regrets if this is a crash like yesterday's.

Well he's taken the £50k on the chin, which is a good sign. Boom. And again after the eight-box No Deal. "You don't leave in the middle of a game"? Thus the whole game is irrelevant? The hell?

And there you go. First box, and the second game in a row that could have been an 11-box OPW. Entirely anti-climactic finish, we add a swap to make it vaguely interesting, and it works out. Wonder whether he's looking back on the 11-box No Deal though; that was undoubtedly the pivotal moment, and it was more dealable than anything that followed.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

matt26

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:52 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil

Oh dear. Not very exciting in gameplay terms unfortunately: a board that gradually got worse with each round, being squeezed at each end, and climaxing with a £3,000 finish. Still, at least that swap meant that he went away with something decent. That's now three games in a row where the contestant has gone to the end (though to be fair, I think most of us would have done today)

Quote:
A good third round, preceded by a more conventional synonym for 'positivity' from Neil, should have led to a bigger increase, but the second offer was unusually generous for the stage in the game, and there's an ADP notion to protect. Neil checks it's the third round - am I reaching far too much to suggest that this is because he wants to take this but is too scared to deal with eleven on the board? If so, he's going to have a lot of regrets if this is a crash like yesterday's.

I guess it's possible, but I doubt it. He definitely doesn't seem like the sort to be influenced in that manner, anyway...

Quote:
Well he's taken the £50k on the chin, which is a good sign. Boom. And again after the eight-box No Deal. "You don't leave in the middle of a game"? Thus the whole game is irrelevant? The hell?

I think that was probably the old 'trick the banker into thinking you're a gambler to get higher offers' ploy, but ultimately the board wasn't good enough to warrant many tempting offers after 11-box...

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:32 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil

Another player who just didn't have the luck. There's not a lot you can say about that game though the swap at the end was a canny move

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:03 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil

One thing i did like, the little 'ding-ding' as we came out of the ad breaks, obviously a nod to Neil's boxing. Reminded me of that boxer (forget his name) who played a couple of years ago (Jan-Feb 2008?), Noel got Woodsy, Bing and a couple of others to come out at the start of each round holding cards saying 'round one' 'Round two' etc

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil

Shaun who won 1p, yes!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 31/05 Neil

Big-Davey wrote:
Shaun who won 1p, yes!

Really? Is that all he won?

Just goes to show, sometimes it's the game you remember and not the result

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]