Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:09 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:09 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Banker's offer would've been:

£101,000

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

6 figure offer would be believable here..... and it is.

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week
International Forums Moderator

Inspired play to make the holiday offer. Would he have taken a flat £20k at that point? I don't think so.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

The holiday clinched it for the Banker...top marks to him! If he didn't, who knows what the win would have been today

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

I do wish that Noel would ask players the hypothetical Deal or No Deal question before the hypothetical swap question.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

Noel says that's one of the biggest offers ever.

Noel says the SWAP is guaranteed because the £250k is in play, and Craig says he'd have said SWAP.

Noel swaps Craig's box 12 for Lee's box 13...

Craig's new box 13 has £15,000

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

Whew! Thank goodness he'd have swapped it away!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

Craig's original box 12 now with Lee contains the £250,000

Noel says Craig's played the whole game with the £250k on the table!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:24 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

This show was filmed in January. Let's just hope he didn't choose to take the holiday sometime in the last month or so.

Looking at Icelolly.com, the most expensive 7 day holiday for Rhodes is about £1,500 per person (and I'm guessing it wouldn't be a 5* all-inclusive holiday offered).

Certainly been a week of contrasts with big money coming to the table but not with configurations that gave contestants a reasonable gamble of winning it.

matt26

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:32 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

Simon F wrote:
I do wish that Noel would ask players the hypothetical Deal or No Deal question before the hypothetical swap question.

I don't really see why that matters. Besides, I think we can realistically say that he would have taken it!

Certainly an interesting game, though the "put everyone that reveals a blue in jail" gimmick seemed very artificial and tbh a tad annoying. Oh well...

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:10 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

And we finish the themed week with another mis-match, the luck is coming to the table , but those 2 games they were involved in are denying the huge wins

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:04 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

matt26 wrote:
Simon F wrote:

I don't really see why that matters. Besides, I think we can realistically say that he would have taken it!

Certainly an interesting game, though the "put everyone that reveals a blue in jail" gimmick seemed very artificial and tbh a tad annoying. Oh well...

I know and the fact that he would have taken the £101k makes the swap irrelevant so you might as well do both or neither.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:51 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

An interesting end to the week, I think the one-to-open final round and the Banker's canny offer of a dream holiday at 4 box saved him a lot of money* I think losing the £35,000 backup introduced a sense of caution to Craig's gameplay that if he'd had to open three to get to the next offer wouldn't have been a factor.

Still got to hand it to the man, he pitched it perfectly

*On a side bar do these holidays classify as the Banker's money? Or does the show get them free/discounted in exchange for the plug?

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:40 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

I really thought he was gonna go to the end.... good game ...really enjoyed it :smt023

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:56 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 16/05 Craig - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

OMG...got goosies, just watched craig's game....and 5 weeks tomorrow i'll be in rhodes :-D best of luck craig n family xxx

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]