Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:04 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:04 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kestral

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Fran says

NO DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel opens box 18 and reveals £750

Jean with box 7 contains the £100

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week
International Forums Moderator

I honestly think that's the biggest near-unavoidable crash in Deal or No Deal history. Only targetists and cowards would have taken £30k and the rest of the offers were even worse.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

wkd

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:56 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

Rotten offers throughout. How on earth did he come up with 19k at 3 box with 250k in play?

Nutiekins67

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:58 pm    Author: Nutiekins67    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

still good game though.... :|

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

wkd wrote:
Rotten offers throughout. How on earth did he come up with 19k at 3 box with 250k in play?

The desire to create a Big Finish? Well, here's your Big Finish, Endemol. A horrible crash that will put some people off watching. That'll cost you more in advertising revenue than the £26k you could have offered at three-box...

...I know KB predicts it with anger and silliness all too often, but this really could trigger a sustained period of conservative play. If you see offers that bad on the wings, you're likely going to be taking the first dealable offer you see!

Verdict for today's game: Utterly Frustrating. And I'm mincing my words on that, believe me.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:08 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

Think KP has taken the words right out of my mouth on how I feel this game went

An OPW, two poorly-timed deals and a blue win = Banker's best week so far :smt009

matt26

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:11 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

Oh dear, that was a lot like Beryl's game from a while ago. Both got offered one box at a time, both had similarly-sized offers, both found 250k in the very last box and both won a blue amount. :( The difference was that Fran had a 50k back-up, only to be unlucky enough to take that out as well.

A least Fran took it well considering she'd just lost out on 30k. I'd have probably cried if I was in the same situation.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

Thanks for the commentaries folks, have missed last three shows so was great to catch up on them here. Kestral, David and others you are GREAT! :smt023

travis P

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:20 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

KP wrote:
The desire to create a Big Finish? Well, here's your Big Finish, Endemol. A horrible crash that will put some people off watching. That'll cost you more in advertising revenue than the £26k you could have offered at three-box...

I got to laugh. Thirty minutes after you posted that, The Guardian has confirmed the show will be extended until 2012. Talk about Endemol sticking two fingers in your face and saying "so".

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:37 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week
Administrator & Global Moderator

travis P wrote:
KP wrote:

I got to laugh. Thirty minutes after you posted that, The Guardian has confirmed the show will be extended until 2012. Talk about Endemol sticking two fingers in your face and saying "so".

I found the link to the relevant article on the Guardian website - it's here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/ma ... or-no-deal

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

I have to laugh at the timing. That was exquisite. :D

Noel's going to have even more problems keeping up with the filming schedule now though isn't he H? :laughing

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:57 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

Just caught up with Fran's show on 4OD, our transmitter was down all afternoon and only came back around 10PM so i missed it on Channel 4. Channel 4+1 & More 4

Interesting comments here, my thoughts were the opposite to most people I thought Fran should have taken the £30k at 4 box because i just had a feeling it was going to go pear shaped, Also i sometimes wonder when the Banker tries to goad the player into going on by telling them 'if this box is blue the next offer will be..' why no-one thinks to ask "and if it's red?"

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:14 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

Add another to the list of unpredictably gambling old ladies. Perhaps at 5-box, she had in mind the tactic to made the answer to the question so obvious as to try and induce more money from the banker but I doubt it.

£30k was stingy but if you look at the possible 3-box offer as £60k, £60k, £19k (although I wasn't expecting it to drop that much) and £5k, the EV is £36k. I'd certainly have been more interested in the prediction for the scenario that actually happened though.

Frankly £19k at 3 box with scenarios of £70k, £70k, peanuts was probably worth the gamble too but frustratingly for the 3rd show in a row, sensible decisions have been met with horrible luck. It's a shame the luck the contestant seem to have on the 50/50 twist decisions isn't being replicated in the main game (5 wins out of 5 is a 1 in 32 chance).

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:56 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

What a horrible game. And you know if KP is in a pro-gambling mood, the offers are definitely stingy! The £19,000 offer was about as forcing as you could get!

Really have to hope we have an improvement today...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:27 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 13/05 Fran - Cops & Robbers Banker's Birthday Week

One word WHY ?????

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]