Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Warnings: 0
Next round...

Box 4 - Emma - £50,000

That's not going to make the Banker worried, says Noel...

Box 9 - Autumn - £5

Box 10 - Safina - £250

Time for the Banker...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:16 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

The Banker admits £7,000 he was expecting Josephine to deal at...he's now diverting his attention to her son who looked really gutted when the £50,000 was found...

Banker's offer:

£7,000

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:17 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

"Mingy" is used to describe the offer (mean and stingy)...Michael admits he also thinks the offer is bad...but Josephine's F&F remind her it's a good offer if you remove the £75,000...

Josephine says

NO DEAL

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:20 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Final round...

Box 22 - Juliana - £3,000

Noel says it proves nothing when the middle one goes first...

Box 18 - Steve - £1 :)

The Banker rings...and gives her an exit fee:

Banker's offer:

£14,000

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Roger admits it's time to deal...Michael says it's too close to call but he doesn't want her winning little...and reminds her he has "unlucky" box 13...

The Banker calls back with the news, if the final box is £100, the offer will be £28,000...

Josephine says

DEAL

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Proveout - final box

Box 21 - Paul - £100 :(

Banker's offer would've been:

£28,000

Mark

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Should have gone for it. The banker was being evil again.

Last edited by Mark on Sun May 09, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

If there's £10,000 in Josephine's box, she at least gets the last laugh...

Box 3 contains £10,000 :)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:25 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Michael was right about his feelings; he opens box 13 to reveal £75,000 :)

Josephine's happy, her F&F are happy, the pilgrims are happy...and Jean is happy! :lol: :P

Noel warns us in the wind-up, Jean is going to have a go at him if he does anything wrong...and she rushes to him giving a little play chase! :P

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:29 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine
Administrator & Global Moderator

Thanks to Simon F and Big-Davey for filling in the commentary there.

AOL was kind enough to let me have a connection back in the end. A quick search on Twitter reveals others complaining about AOHELL going off for them too, so it was presumably a widespread issue. :evil:

matt26

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:32 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

I enjoyed today's game. Lots of twists and turns gameplay-wise, some good banter between Noel and Jean, an appropriate use of the 3-box offer (unlike in Zanna's game), and a decent amount of money won. :D

h2005

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine
Administrator & Global Moderator

I've now also tidied up the commentary and added in the boxes that were missed. :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Nice one H!

Remember we're all a supporting act here; I'm almost always available for backup, with KP or Simon always around worst case :)

Decent game today, £14,000 wasn't exactly a no-brainer but if the £75,000 was found it'd have been the max out the game, and if the £10,000 was found it would surely have been a stick at £14,000 so kudos to Josephine!

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine
International Forums Moderator

Right. What did I miss as my mum was screaming at the telly for Chelsea?

£7,000 wasn't at all bad, but was presented as such, which invited the No Deal, and we promptly got one. I'd have been more tempted at that offer than the £14,000 which followed, would you believe, but would probably have just about gone all the way today for a swappy £75,000. Maybe. Can't possibly complain at anyone not doing so.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Finally got around to watching the last park on 4+1. Not sure how KP will define this but it's a technical draw using the old scoring method and I think that is a good summary of the game.

The all-red prediction at the end of the game was interesting statistically. Up to that point, the £14k was a no-deal for me working on £35k, £18k, £3k scenarios for 2-box but the £28k would have probably revised it down to £28k, £15k, £3k and when the EV of the offer drops from £18k to £15k, it probably wasn't worth the risk unless you were prepared to gamble on the £75k/blue finish.

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine
International Forums Moderator

Simon F wrote:
Finally got around to watching the last park on 4+1. Not sure how KP will define this but it's a technical draw using the old scoring method and I think that is a good summary of the game.

Sounds fair to me - no clear winner or loser today, a profitable but sub-optimal sale of the box for a win in the average bracket. Today's game summary? Can't Really Complain - to be used for games with good but not great results.

Quote:
The all-red prediction at the end of the game was interesting statistically. Up to that point, the £14k was a no-deal for me working on £35k, £18k, £3k scenarios for 2-box but the £28k would have probably revised it down to £28k, £15k, £3k and when the EV of the offer drops from £18k to £15k, it probably wasn't worth the risk unless you were prepared to gamble on the £75k/blue finish.

Good point. I'd be gambling on the £75k/blue finish though, so for these calculations I'd use no less than my certainty equivalent of the gamble as that's the value to me of a 50% shot at £75,000. Same applies on £10k/£75k, so I'd still keep the EV as £18k, but with the knowledge that both a £75k win and a £100 win were now possible.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:38 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Talk about twists and turns, I would've definatly gone all the way to 2-Box and then find myself, thinking about 13 being lucky...and it would've got me £75,000

James1978

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:31 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Well that was the furthest anyone's reached in the game for a while without it becoming a trainwreck! :)

Good use of the 3-box offer too I think, used when momentum was with the player, the opposite of Zanna's game, and it worked for the banker this time even though I was cursing it at the time, I think most people who would have no-dealt it would also have no-dealt £28k and probably not swapped!

And Jean is a total legend after 1 show (is it just me or are most Jeans and also most Marys seem to be too!!) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:04 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Very canny gameplay by the Banker there with a perfectly pitched 3-box offer that saved him an additional £14k

It was an entertaining roller coaster game and the Newbie was grreat value - though Liam seems to have turned up for Cops & Robbers week a bit early :-D

Out of interest does anyone know the name of the Bollywood film Josephine was in, i quite like a bit of Bolly now and again I was wondering if it was available.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:52 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 09/05 Josephine

Oh dear. The 28k offer with 10 and 75k remaining, was pretty lousy. Considering that-apologies i can't remember her name-the paralympic weightlifter, was offered 26K with a BLUE and the 75 in play. I would've expected roughly 32-35k as an offer. OK, i don't get so involved with the statistics as others here, but i have been watching since early 06, and am a pretty good judge of most offers.

With a medium red available, against the 75, it would've taken at least 35 to get me out, in fact, with 10k there, i believe i would've just gone for it. But...one can only dream :eyes:

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]