Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:49 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:49 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Box 7 with Steve contains the £1

Jonny says he really didn't want the possibility of winning just £1.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

killersbee wrote:
Ah well, guess some people don't agree with me about going straight to the end

Correct.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

And he threw £8,087 away...and I would've got the last laugh today

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny
International Forums Moderator

h2005 wrote:
Noel says he has a lecture for us today! He says the game goes through cycles and talks about the various games we've had recently. He tells his students that all you have to do is keep saying no deal and you change your lives forever! He says the title of his lecture is "Easier said than done"!

Weaver was right.

Juliana is already playing the role of teacher's pet. She doesn't help this game, but it's not that bad a start. The £100,000 certainly doesn't help, and he knows it and isn't afraid to state the bleeding obvious. Two blues follow at least. The offers aren't going to tempt anyone just yet, least of all someone who's just heard that introduction.

Fantastic third round, and this is now an above-average board, three of the Power 5 including £250k. £18k is less than the board is worth, but not by that much. Oh, look, Noel's actually mentioned how things can go wrong. Trouble in round 4... but we're safe with the final blue, and a stick or better is indicated. We don't get it, I'd be chasing the money here now. So does Jonny.

Oh.

Jonny points out that people tend to chase losses with offers like this, then promptly does it himself anyway. It works for one round, but he's really got to take the two-box offer. He does, but £15k in the box feels about twice as painful as £75k in the box yesterday even though it was a more generous Deal and the stakes were lower, because Noel's script for Sunday is now ready-written and ready to manipulate players.

Good job I've got Miljoenenjacht to catch up on isn't it?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:04 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

3 players have lost to the Banker in a row, get ready to go back to 2008...again...

matt26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:10 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

killersbee wrote:
Ah well, guess some people don't agree with me about going straight to the end

Indeed. Most of us have a little thing called "common sense". It's called Deal or No Deal for a reason.

killersbee wrote:
And he threw £8,087 away...and I would've got the last laugh today

Two things:

1) If you're going to moan at contestants for under-selling their box, at least get your maths right. £15,000 is £8,987 more than £6,013.

2) Technically he threw away £12,000 by not taking the third offer of £18,013, more than his box was worth.

Learn to think before you type, please.

KJupe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:27 pm    Author: KJupe    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

Oi, don't diss Stevie, now, not arguing here, but you both have a point, but thankfully for KB, I actually agree with him, he does think suprisingly, it's what all Autistic people do, so, don't diss one or you get another on your back

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:53 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

Right this is coming from an Aspie...and KP, being another, will back me up:

When there appears to be potential for a big money win (ie a gambler in the chair, a strong board halfway through etc), we all jump up and start getting our hopes up for a good huge win...and I was about to say as you get older you begin to realise the real importance of money...but KB is 9 months older than me :?

I love the show most when there's big money available...but I don't get my knickers in a twist when they deal or the game collapses...and I immediately want the game to go tits up...unless of course it's a "Richard", in which case we all (as a forum) kind of want to see how bad it can get...

KB's not the only reckless Aspie glory hunter made famous on this site...care to guess who I'm on about? :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:07 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

I think we all know the answer to that one ;)

travis P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:08 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

KP wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Noel says he has a lecture for us today! He says the game goes through cycles and talks about the various games we've had recently. He tells his students that all you have to do is keep saying no deal and you change your lives forever! He says the title of his lecture is "Easier said than done"!

because Noel's script for Sunday is now ready-written and ready to manipulate players.

Not surprised as it was coming for him to say that because of the run with the boxes in the last few weeks. As mentioned earlier this week, had it gone the right way the show would be on a budget crisis by now. He is right to what he is saying as he has got massive evidence backing it. I cannot remember a period where big money has been appearing so often in a short space of time.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

We're all obsessive types aren't we? Not just the Aspies on the forum either, a whole bunch of us... and we all have our obsessions. For some here, it's the gambling. For me, it's the messages sent in that direction by the show. ;)

But we all still love the show don't we? Why else are we here?

Travis, you are of course right with regard to recent games. Past performance is no guide to the future though, as is so rightly warned in posters for investments, and Noel's problem here is that his wording implied a violation of that.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

I think this needs mentioning on here in full now, and then H can move it to off-topic tomorrow or something once we're done...

Me and KP both think, and have done for the last year now, that KB is going to end up being the next banned forum member if he keeps going down this route...now I definitely don't want that to happen, and I'm sure when it comes to the crunch a few others don't either...so I just hope he can at least curb his sudden "SrWilson"-esque tendencies before he does end up getting banned!

I mean, look at the stuff he posted after Zanna's game on the Facebook Deal page!!! It was disgusting! Sorry KB but it was!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:02 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

To be honest I just take everything KB says with a pinch of salt. :)

(I found the Wakey Army in 2008 much harder to do that with mind you....)

Bad outcome today, but don't think he really did anything wrong - with the £250k still in play the offers had potential to escalate to much more than the sums he turned down, and after the crash he did work hard to get back to just over £6k, and had really earned a good offer in those circumstances. And good to see someone acknowledge how influential the high blues can be in some situations. ;-)

Just sod's law that given that he could never take out the £15k, he barely could have done any worse unless he'd swapped at the end!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:08 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

Big-Davey wrote:
I think this needs mentioning on here in full now, and then H can move it to off-topic tomorrow or something once we're done...

Me and KP both think, and have done for the last year now, that KB is going to end up being the next banned forum member if he keeps going down this route...now I definitely don't want that to happen, and I'm sure when it comes to the crunch a few others don't either...so I just hope he can at least curb his sudden "SrWilson"-esque tendencies before he does end up getting banned!

I mean, look at the stuff he posted after Zanna's game on the Facebook Deal page!!! It was disgusting! Sorry KB but it was!

I don't think anyone's on course for a ban or anything really, as all I can see in this thread is sensible and polite discussion - I don't see any insults or name-calling or anything like that. So long as discussion remains polite and respectful of others, then I don't see why anyone should get banned. People are also entitled to agree or disagree or criticise someone else's opinions, regardless of the situation, so long as they remain polite about it and don't resort to name-calling or insults.

The reason SrWilson (and a few others) got banned a while back wasn't because they expressed an opinion which favoured gambling; it was because they consistently expressed their opinions in an aggressive way which often resulted in name-calling and other unpleasantness.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

True...

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:12 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

h2005 wrote:
Big-Davey wrote:

I don't think anyone's on course for a ban or anything really, as all I can see in this thread is sensible and polite discussion - I don't see any insults or name-calling or anything like that. So long as discussion remains polite and respectful of others, then I don't see why anyone should get banned. People are also entitled to agree or disagree or criticise someone else's opinions, regardless of the situation, so long as they remain polite about it and don't resort to name-calling or insults.

The reason SrWilson (and a few others) got banned a while back wasn't because they expressed an opinion which favoured gambling; it was because they consistently expressed their opinions in an aggressive way which often resulted in name-calling and other unpleasantness.

H is spot on with the above, I think most of the regular readers of the commentary and 'What would you have done today thread' can almost predict KB's posts before he actually posts them ;) But I don't really see a problem with them, and like James1978 mentioned above I think most people take them all with a pinch of salt. I know if I ever went on the show I would love to have KB in the audience for my game as his advice would win me a great deal of money, but as we all know hindsight is a wonderful thing ;)

Whatever was posted on Facebook is something I can't comment on (as I don't have a facebook account, that's if you need an account to read it) But it's not relevant to his account here as it wasn't posted on this site, although we would obviously take action if something untoward was posted here.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

Frankly, it probably hurts KB more to be mocked on here than to be banned! ;)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:33 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

Haha yes!

Apologies anyway, like I said, it was just a bit of a worry...

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:16 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

Bit of a mixed bag of a game, started off quite well and the 18k at the 3rd offer wasn't too bad an offer actually, although the board was looking pretty good at that point, so well worth carrying on. It took quite a recovery to salvage 6k out of it in the end , unfortunate that he had 15k, just one of those 'can-do-no-right' kind of games, but a fun contestant and at least some consolation out of what was a particularly ugly finish to the game.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/04 Jonny

Another game where at the end a red was on the table but with no backup whatsoever. Replace the £250k, £75k and £15k with 3 blues recently and the feelings on the board from those who choose to gamble would be different.

It seemed that Jonny had a sensible head with his statements that he would have been willing to gamble if the worse case scenario was acceptable to him and clearly £1 wasn't one of those scenarios.

Slightly off-topic, I'm actually interested in the fact that some posters on here are autistic. There have been some good shows on BBC3 and C4 recently about the subject and I have a close online friend who has an autistic son and I'm interested on if and how people's views on the gameplay of the show are influenced by this.

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]