Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

Warnings: 0
That would be painful for anyone else...I can still see this offer going up by a fair bit!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

Nope, it's another hit... :?

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

£21,500?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth
International Forums Moderator

We're still in the game.

But I expect that won't last long. This will probably be the offer to take him out.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

Simon F wrote:
£21,500?

I think this has Old Faithful written all over it.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:17 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

I'd be dealing this

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:17 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth
Administrator & Global Moderator

The banker talks about Gareth's dream of doing something for the local community. He talks about how there's another little peanut on its way...

Banker's offer:

£25,000

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:17 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

£25k is probably just enough to get me out the chair here.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:17 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

£25,000 is a deal for me...the massive risk of the £250,000 going and the disappearance of generous offers is too big

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:18 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

£25,000 sounds really good following that hit, but I would go on here and find my "bogey amount" so I don't win it ;)

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

Yup, £25k is just enough although I might cheekily ask for another grand :)

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:20 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

The banker says that's £20k, PLUS £5k for Gareth to do his tree surgeon training. Noel says it's "cashew could use". :lol: The banker phones back and says all he can see on the board is the 4 blues. Noel talks about how this is a personal battle. Gareth says it's a brilliant offer and Noel says most would've got £26k here, but Gareth says he didn't want to mention that!

The banker phones back and asks if Gareth would like the £26k, and Gareth says no-one's going to say no to more money! Gareth says this is Noel's fault. :P

NEW OFFER

Banker's offer:

£26,000

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:20 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

£26,000!!!

Good call there, KP!

Still a deal!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:20 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

Nice one Noel and nice bit of reverse psychology by Gareth.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:20 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

Let's hope that sum doesn't work. Worth another round, just keep the biggie in.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:21 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

Old faithful is now what I consider to be very generous, I would think about it...and then torture The Banker some more by going on :P

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

Yup, I'm more certain now because it's now more than two-thirds of the mean (which is how I'd have got the extra grand, mentioning that!).

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:21 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

Gareth asks his partner if she'd be annoyed if he no dealt, and she says she's not getting involved!

Gareth says DEAL

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

And he takes it, I still believe there was one more round left

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 25/04 Gareth

And now I speak for the whole forum when I say: "let's see Gareth destroy the game!" :D

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]