Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:55 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:55 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:50 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Warnings: 0
Ah! Bugger, she didn't get the £15,000

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials
International Forums Moderator

A fairly irrelevant decision all things considered, and the middle reds really did influence the whole game. In the end, the board was mercilessly squeezed at either end, making a moderate result inevitable.

But we know a moderate result never satisfies Endemol...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:51 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Out of Red or Yellow, the two I'd have opened from earlier, I'd have opened Red first...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:51 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Ramesh with box 18 contains the £15,000

The Banker calls back and asks Brenda if she would like the chance to win the £15,000? Brenda says YES PLEASE...

The Banker offers Brenda the chance of 1 cat...

If she finds the Smiling cat she will win the £15,000

If she doesn't find it she goes home with nothing

Banker's offer:

BANKER's SPECIAL GAMBLE

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:52 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

TWO cats now makes this dealable...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

The Banker increases the number of cats to 2 chances....

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

You can't possibly take on that gamble with one cat. Two, and I'm going for it; 50-50 chance, and I'm only just deterred.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Brenda's daughter tells her that is a great gamble and to take it.

Brenda says

DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Brenda chooses

Red Cat and Blue Cat

Noel opens the Red cat and reveals a Sad Cat!

Noel opens the Blue cat and reveals a Sad Cat!

Brenda goes home with NOTHING!

Brenda is the 4th person to go home with nothing.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

She goes home bark!!! :(

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Me-owch!!

An anti-Donna game. This could influence the players for some time to come.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Now that's a real heart breaker...

May we never have this "Easter Madness" theme again :smt011

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Horrible!

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:00 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

killersbee wrote:
May we never have this "Easter Madness" theme again :smt011

or do we need another Easter themed show again? These Easter specials have produced some nasty results throughout the years.

matt26

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:07 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Wow... what can you say? Up until the box opening, it was fairly exciting despite the lower stakes, and quite enjoyable. Then the twist came along, and through very bad luck she ended up with absolutely nothing! Brenda managed to take it fairly well though (I doubt I can say the same if that had happened to me!) It's weird, really. All the blues up to £100 are practically useless anyway, but winning absolutely nothing seems to have a much more significant psychological impact (15k Kerry's game was a very good example of this in practice).

BTW, if a contestant does win nothing, do they receive a cheque which says 'Nothing' on it? They did that on the Aussie version IIRC, and theoretically you could try selling it for a couple of hundred on eBay. :)

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:08 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Oh noooooooooo that was soooo unlucky, poor Brenda :smt022 :smt089 :smt022

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:09 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

And now we have 2 Brendas who've left with nothing.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:24 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Indeed, anyone named Brenda should not go on the show, only joking of course :lol:

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:05 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Yes, I bet Brenda (1) wishes she'd never gone on the show....

We can never get through Easter without one total unmitigated disaster can we? Two penny winners and two nothing winners (well 2007 was the exception but there were only three games that year and no silly eggs or cats!), and I absolutely hate them doing gambles once all the boxes are open. Had it not been Easter, she'd have gone home with £5k and everyone would have been fairly satisfied. I feel offering the second cat was goading her into going on and it would have been such a guilt-trip if she refused and would have picked the right cat!

At least THIS gamble was more relevant to the game than Kath's the other day (Tony and Daimon's were last year too) in that they all went to the end and had "won" the lower amount left at 2-box, and the banker gave them (except Kath) the chance to win the higher amount that had been left. Whereas with £30k was just a figure plucked of thin air!!

(Do I ever give the impression I don't like this twist)......

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/04 Brenda - Easter Madness Specials

Well Brenda certainly threw herself into the spirit of the specials, if nothing else she will be remembered for that.

A very up and down game, quite literally in that she was alternating between good and bad rounds throughout. I think when she got to the final pair with the cats still in play it was fairly obvious the Banker had a plan to use them post game - though i'm a little surprised he didn't offer the 5 box 'offers after every box' gamble today. And once he went up to two cats I do think it was too good to turn down, shame it didn't work out for her

kestral wrote:
Brenda chooses

Red Cat and Blue Cat

Noel opens the Red cat and reveals a Sad Cat!

Noel opens the Blue cat and reveals a Sad Cat!

Now is it just me or did anyone else think of the Monty Hall problem at this point? I just had this gut feeling when the red cat was proved to not be the one that Brenda should change her mind and go for the yellow.

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]