Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:15 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:15 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

matt26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:01 am    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Kath - Easter Madness Specials

Warnings: 0
StatsMan wrote:
Well, firstly that has got to be one of the best £10k wins there has ever been, given the dire board of 6 blues and £10k she faced at 7-box. But it clearly wasn't exciting enough for the producers for some reason, and like others I didn't like the way the banker kept phoning back to up the offer when her mind was clearly made up she was going to keep the 10k. It was goading of a particular unpleasant kind.

Also, it kind of devalues the whole point of the game really - to offer the chance of a near-power-5 win from a very unlucky game was quite ridiculous, and it makes the big wins seem less special if they can be obtained by these essentially non-gameplay, gimmicky methods. She had made a spectacular recovery as well, so to attempt to guilt trip her after that took quite a lot of the gloss away from a fabulous comeback, which was a big shame.

I agree with all of this.

StatsMan wrote:
EDIT: By the way, I'd score that an a TPW; £10K out of £10,600, but with a note that the player could've taken home £30,000.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that the opening offer was over 10k. :oops:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:28 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Kath - Easter Madness Specials

Yes! A TPW seeing as the hypo stuff was non-box related :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:21 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Kath - Easter Madness Specials

Big-Davey wrote:
Yes! A TPW seeing as the hypo stuff was non-box related :)

I think by the original definitions a game where the player goes to the end can only be an OPW or an OBW but in cases like todays, a TPW seems a fairer evaluation. I think perhaps KP has a point about these definitions being outdated now.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:41 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Kath - Easter Madness Specials

Seems simple to me. Kath went to the end of the game and took a box amount which was less than the peak offer of the game. Therefore it's an OBW.

The fact that she was subsequently given the opportunity to participate in a separate post-game gamble is pretty much irrelevant to that.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:46 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Kath - Easter Madness Specials

MisterAl wrote:
Seems simple to me. Kath went to the end of the game and took a box amount which was less than the peak offer of the game. Therefore it's an OBW.

The fact that she was subsequently given the opportunity to participate in a separate post-game gamble is pretty much irrelevant to that.

Oops, I got so confused by that game that I ended up scoring it wrongly - it should indeed be a OBW, although it didn't feel anything like one, certainly before the twist anyway - about the hardest fought OBW you're likely to get, though!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Ramesh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:32 pm    Author: Ramesh    Post subject: Re: 01/04 Kath - Easter Madness Specials

Grat recovery by Kath
well done
enjoy the holidays with your family
ramesh
x

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]